GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Hmm, I see my name appearing a lot in this thread - and I'm not even part of the conversation.

As for the podiums, I think one was from a DQ, the other I actually earned.

Lets look at the statistics:

Week 107: Div 3 Silver Time; 3rd in Div - my best TT because I spent the most time on it. Still had a poor handicap, but best so far. One DQ in Div 3
Week 106: Div 4 Silver Time; 5th in Div - shockingly bad handicap
Week 105: Div 3 Bronze Time; 3rd in Div - second best handicap. Two DQ's in Div 3 to make me 3rd in Div 3

If I had submitted for the last TT, week 112 I would have gotten a Div 4 Silver result again.

So getting Div 3 Bronze through DQ's doesn't make me feel any better. It's only when I earn it that it's worth the effort. And I don't want instant gratification, I want to know where I stand though Divisionally. In the current system I feel like I'm being penalised for working hard. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the results correlate too well with my handicaps - I thought I would at least have gotten a negative handicap for week 107, but no - I didn't get my Div 3 Gold Par, despite working so hard on it, and getting a Div podium.

Point is, the handicap system is flawed or I'm not as fast as my Div 3 Gold placement.

picture.php

I was initially disappointed with the way the system works, but now I realize that I'm 12.54th overall and 6.18th in my division. I can't see much room for improvement as new aliens and sub-aliens will always come along but as long as I beat Mitch and can threaten Mike I feel good :lol: I could always ask for a demotion - then I'd have a few trophies - but hey, I'm Division 2 Bronze and I'm a 53 y.o. wannabe racer. Cool!

Ummm, I think it's me threatening or waving goodbye to your dust trail at the moment Alan. :lol: Can't seem to keep up with you since I got this stupid wheel! All good fun though and am enjoying participating plus I should get an extra 2 second head start on you as I'm older and more decrepit :lol: :lol:

picture.php

I was initially disappointed with the way the system works, but now I realize that I'm 12.54th overall and 6.18th in my division. I can't see much room for improvement as new aliens and sub-aliens will always come along but as long as I beat Mitch and can threaten Mike I feel good :lol: I could always ask for a demotion - then I'd have a few trophies - but hey, I'm Division 2 Bronze and I'm a 53 y.o. wannabe racer. Cool!

Now you're starting to sound like a certain someone else I know on these forums. :lol::sly:;)

I guess you didn't feel very good about yourself last week then, uh? :lol::sly:

Now you're starting to sound like a certain someone else I know on these forums. :lol::sly:;)

I guess you didn't feel very good about yourself last week then, uh? :lol::sly:

Hey...I beat you some most of the time right? More than we can say for the unnamed one :sly:

Ummm, I think it's me threatening or waving goodbye to your dust trail at the moment Alan. :lol: Can't seem to keep up with you since I got this stupid wheel! All good fun though and am enjoying participating plus I should get an extra 2 second head start on you as I'm older and more decrepit :lol: :lol:

About that 2 second start...where did you come from this week (113)??

Hey...I beat you some most of the time right? More than we can say for the unnamed one :sly:

Yea, you're right. Try as he may, he just can't do it. I tried to get him to take the training wheels off and come join us here but he just won't do it. Guess he's just afraid of falling and going boom. :lol: "A man and his training wheels will never part." :lol:

About that 2 second start...where did you come from this week (113)??

Gave up on my wheel Alan and went back to the DS3 but I promise It'll be business as usual again next week.

I have determined that the problem with my wheel set-up is the actuator on the pedals.....more specifically the old fart pressing them just can't get it right :lol:

More than we can say for the unnamed one :sly:

Yea, you're right. Try as he may, he just can't do it. I tried to get him to take the training wheels off and come join us here but he just won't do it. Guess he's just afraid of falling and going boom. :lol: "A man and his training wheels will never part." :lol:

Ohh, I now know who you mean. Yeah, he'll never join us.

Gave up on my wheel Alan and went back to the DS3 but I promise It'll be business as usual again next week.
I have determined that the problem with my wheel set-up is the actuator on the pedals.....more specifically the old fart pressing them just can't get it right :lol:
Jeez...I put sooo much time into this one and I'm getting nowhere! I'm bottom of the div 2 heap and I think I'm driving it like a god :lol:
Ohh, I now know who you mean. Yeah, he'll never join us.
Well the door's always open, right lads? I think he will one day :sly:

Jeez...I put sooo much time into this one and I'm getting nowhere! I'm bottom of the div 2 heap and I think I'm driving it like a god :lol:

Well the door's always open, right lads? I think he will one day :sly:

Yea, when someone goes and steals his training wheels. 💡:lol:

Where can I find the explication on how the handicap system works please?
I confess i'm a bit surprised to have been promoted in a whole division after only 3 TTs so it would be cool to see how the system works.

Thanks in advance 👍

I haven't participated since week 29 (Life, It happens) , I see that I'm in the registry still.... does that mean I'm good to go and can start running again in the next couple weeks when I am ready?

Awesome thanks, soon as I get my new rig(hope to take delivery by Friday) , and some wheel time behind it I'll jump in.

hello can anybody help me i'm trying to sign up for wrs and i'm following the format for submitting name country and time but it keeps sending me messages saying i failed.

You can't send a PM until you have posted a message which has been approved by a moderator. You should be clear to submit now.

no it didn't keeps giving me this failure

You submitted your registration in the wrong format.

Please make sure you use the correct format:
User: [GTPlanet ID] PSN: [PSN ID] Country: [Country] Time: [Total time] Split: [Time 1] Split: [Time 2]

and i'm following that.

Last edited:
Hi guys, some advice please?

I inadvertently deleted my original 2 saves by accidently hitting 'delete all' while wiping my rubbish saved splits. Sooo... I re-did the splits & squeezed marginally better times to make sure things were fair.

Can I re-submit better split times on the same GTP user name?

I was on my way to PM you back.

Here's the thing, you can not enter your qualifier times twice.
You must however submit your new replays to the gmail account stated in the first PM.

Hi guys, some advice please?

I inadvertently deleted my original 2 saves by accidently hitting 'delete all' while wiping my rubbish saved splits. Sooo... I re-did the splits & squeezed marginally better times to make sure things were fair.

Can I re-submit better split times on the same GTP user name?

Damn rookies.:lol: Come on Jay, get it together.:dunce: jk.

Why is the clutch not allowed on the G25/27? I have no issue with it, just got me curious.
Not everyone has a clutch on their pedals so it just evens the playing field a little more.... standardization. :)

Hey guys,
I am new to GTP and am having some understanding problems to registry.
Is there a special thread for it?

Hey fellow racers, I've just created my new GTP gamer tag in preparation for taking the qualifier.

I'm currently using the DS3 controller but i am having my new G27 wheel being delivered on Tuesday so i was wondering if its worth doing the qualification now or waiting till i get the G27 in order to get a true representation of my laptimes?

The step from DS3 to a Wheel takes some time to get used to but you should pick up some pace within 2 weeks or so, depending on how much time you have.

The latest batch of drivers got officially processed about two weeks ago, so it'll definitely take another two weeks before the next batch gets processed. Plenty of time for you to get used to the wheel and do the Qualifier with it.

Good luck and congrats with your G27 purchase!

Thanks for the info Speedy, its much appreciated :).

As for the G27, ive been wanting one for ages and managed to pick up a bargain on Ebay so couldn't refuse lol.

I'm not the best driver when it comes to knowing breaking zones and correct lines through corners etc but i am looking to work hard on improving that side and becoming more consistent too, so hopefully that wont hold me back from being able to compete in the time trials and races.

Back