GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Hey fellow racers, I've just created my new GTP gamer tag in preparation for taking the qualifier.

I'm currently using the DS3 controller but i am having my new G27 wheel being delivered on Tuesday so i was wondering if its worth doing the qualification now or waiting till i get the G27 in order to get a true representation of my laptimes?

As someone who used to use the DS3 and now uses a wheel, I would qualify with your pad and aim to get as good a time as you can - then switch to the wheel after you qualify.

Now, this sounds like punishment, for sure, but it will be the quickest way of using competition to learn your new wheel. Short term slowness for long term speed :)

As someone who used to use the DS3 and now uses a wheel, I would qualify with your pad and aim to get as good a time as you can - then switch to the wheel after you qualify.

I'll say the same, as I also qualified with DS3. It'll probably take some time to get used to your wheel, so the competitions (- and the Academy :D -) is a good way to get to learn your it.

Good luck and congratulations with your G27 👍.

Now, this sounds like punishment, for sure, but it will be the quickest way of using competition to learn your new wheel. Short term slowness for long term speed :)

Would the fact that i set a time with the DS3 and then transfer to the G27, where i'm going to be slower that my qualification time initially, be ok to do.

I would go with Speedys plan. Two weeks should be plenty of time to get used to your wheel. If you then spend a reasonable amount of time doing the qualifier, you should be put in a division that fits your speed well.

Good luck,

Baron

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies guys, its very much appreciated. I'm gonna go with Speed's idea and practice with the G27 when it arrives so i can get used to the differance and post a time using the wheel.

One other question i have is that i created a new account for using the GTP tag on my computer using the relevant page but when i go to the PS3 console, the new user name doesn't show up. Am i'm doing something wrong?

It may sound obvious, but did you set up the new user (GTP gamer tag) with the "create a new user" function on the PS3's XMB?
If you did not set up a new user the PS3 won't recognize you as a different player.

Use the same info you used with your computer, email, username, etc..

It may sound obvious, but did you set up the new user (GTP gamer tag) with the "create a new user" function on the PS3's XMB?
If you did not set up a new user the PS3 won't recognize you as a different player.

Use the same info you used with your computer, email, username, etc..

I signed in under my existing gamer tag, created a new user with my GTP tag under the Users menu, signed in then went to the playstation network menu to sign up for a new account but it says that the GTP tag already exists.

Of course the gamertag is already in use, you made it on your PC. :D
When signing up on PSN on your PS3 for the new user, pick the 'use already existing account' option and then fill in the info from the new user you created on your PC.
That should do the trick.

And while you're waiting on your wheel to arrive you can already level up your new game to A-spec Level 12 so you are set to do the Qualifier on the intermediate AMG Driving Academy. 💡

Of course the gamertag is already in use, you made it on your PC. :D
When signing up on PSN on your PS3 for the new user, pick the 'use already existing account' option and then fill in the info from the new user you created on your PC.
That should do the trick.

Just tried doing that mate and it says sign-in ID or password is incorrect, yet i know they are both correct.

When i then do the forgotten password request and enter the email and DOB it says that the information is incorrect

For less trouble, I would creat a total new one directly on the PS3. Make it something like GTP_Evets_, just a variant on what you made before but a little different.

yeah thats looking like the best option mate, thanks for all your help speedy

Wooh Hooh, new account finally created.

Now to get on with building up the new gamer tag :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The most recent PM you sent was all good, except for an extra "_" in the Subject.

You had GTP_WRS_Registration, but there should instead be a "space" between WRS and Registration:

GTP_WRS Registration

The most recent PM you sent was all good, except for an extra "_" in the Subject.

You had GTP_WRS_Registration, but there should instead be a "space" between WRS and Registration:

GTP_WRS Registration

ok thanks for the help much appreciated:)

I've got a question about promotions. How often are they done? I mean, is there a set schedule as in monthly, every two months, or ??? The last set of promotions was through week 113, so when would be the next round? Just wondering, thats all. Thanks.

Promotions are usually done the same time as a new batch of drivers gets processed to the registery. Although that isn't always the case, there may be no-one to promote. ;)

Promotions are usually done the same time as a new batch of drivers gets processed to the registery. Although that isn't always the case, there may be no-one to promote. ;)

Ok then, my next question would be how often do you guys process a new batch of drivers?

And damn that was a quick response.:lol: Thanks.👍

:lol: I'm just getting up and was checking on GTP to begin my day.

Registry entries are done about once a month, give or take a week.

I've got a question about promotions. How often are they done? I mean, is there a set schedule as in monthly, every two months, or ??? The last set of promotions was through week 113, so when would be the next round? Just wondering, thats all. Thanks.

Easy Mitch, you already did a double promotion last time, so you will have to sit next one out, now it is my turn :)

:lol: I'm just getting up and was checking on GTP to begin my day.

Registry entries are done about once a month, give or take a week.

Thanks for the "speedy" response.:lol: Look forward to see what next month brings.:sly:

@Frank: Fair enough.:sly:

Hey guys. Are any of you on Steam and Total War fans? I have a voucher for 75% off Shogun 2 Total War on Steam but its only valid until tomorrow. Let me know if any of you would like it... first come first served obviously since there is only one.

Hi Guys, I just tried to register and it said wrong format, I thought I did it right. I could use a little help. Thanks

Yes, I see your PM

you did: User:GTP_Brewguy PSN:GTP_Brewguy Country:USA Time:x'xx.xxx Split:x'xx.xxx Split:x'xx.xxx

You need to do: User: GTP_Brewguy PSN: GTP_Brewguy Country: USA

The spaces after the : are important. The Fetchbot only knows one type of format.

Though make sure that your "User: " is just Brewguy44. :) It should correspond to your forum ID, not your PSN necessarily.

When and where do I see which division I qualified for? I just submitted my replays for verification. ? I understand it will take a little bit.

Back