GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 1 : Old School Tsukuba - See Important Update to First Post

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 1,215 comments
  • 145,064 views
I've improved my overall lap time, however my T1 and T2 times were slower than my previous splits that I had previously posted.
T1: 15.427
T2: 35.239
 
Many many laps later

15.368
34.722

Second segment is my major problem. The right hander after the second hairpin have ruined dozens of laps where I have been up in T1.
 
Last edited:
Yes for sure I know what you mean :sly:
 
Second segment is my major problem. The right hander after the second hairpin have ruined dozens of laps where I have been up in T1.

It´s best to slightly brake or just let off the gas and turn?
 
Ok, back with the G25 (destroyed the dfgt a couple of nights back) and a more disciplined attitude to mistakes!. After an hour on the wheel (haven't used it for over 2 yrs) I've dipped under my time set with the dfgt.

T1: 15.348
T2: 34.795

Total time spent so far of just under 2hrs, its a tricky beast to tame.
 
Ok, back with the G25 (destroyed the dfgt a couple of nights back) and a more disciplined attitude to mistakes!. After an hour on the wheel (haven't used it for over 2 yrs) I've dipped under my time set with the dfgt.

T1: 15.348
T2: 34.795

Total time spent so far of just under 2hrs, its a tricky beast to tame.

As a direct comparison how dose the G25 compare to the DFGT assuming that you have only changed the wheel and not the car or track ?
 
Ok, back with the G25... snip ...I've dipped under my time set with the dfgt.
👍 Thought that might happen :)
 
👍 Thought that might happen :)

When i switched from DFP to G25, I found I was able to be so much more precise on the brakes and throttle.

On a combo like this I would figure that would be very helpful.

(yes I know my sig is DFP, i broke my G25 and had to bring my DFP out of retirement :ouch: )
 
T1: 16.086
T2: 36.611

hmmm, i am a fair ways off atm I'd say . . .
 
...
(yes I know my sig is DFP, i broke my G25 and had to bring my DFP out of retirement :ouch: )

Ouch, that's a blow mate. It would be a little extreme to say I couldn't live without my G25 now but... well... I'm sure you know what I mean :)

Back in GT4 and GT5P I had a DF-Ex (the cheapo Logitech wheel) and I thought it was great. I was sitting on the sofa with it on my knee too hehe. Now with a G25 and something to bolt it to, the difference is huge, both in feel and lap times. I was D3 Bronze in GT5P and way off the pace. :)

Real credit and kudos to the guys who set good times with cheaper wheels and analogues.

...
hmmm, i am a fair ways off atm I'd say . . .
You know how the cliche goes.. practise makes for nervous twitches and a slight back and forth rocking motion :crazy:
 
:cheers:thank you, shaneth!
 
After the competition finishes, the admin team starts the results thread, where all the results are posted.
The top 3 for each division and anyone else who gets requested then post their replays in the thread for all to see 👍

We'll be asking for quite a few more replays than just the top 3 in these first few weeks of action.

EVERYONE needs to be sure they save their best lap replay, and that it's clean and complies with the rules.

Otherwise, they risk a DQ.
 
Well today I've been absolutely hopeless, I can't get within half a second of my time from yesterday, so I have given up for the day. I have not been helped by the fact that if I use my saved replay as a ghost the game just freezes, though I can watch the replay without any problems.:crazy:

Oh and how come GTP_NIZZY gets to be from Scotland when Neenor can't be from England.;) ( WRS's from the UK )
 
Last edited:
It´s best to slightly brake or just let off the gas and turn?


I'm not a top driver or anything, but I've found just the slightest trailbrake to bring the rear around keeps my speed the highest without going off into the grass.
 
A lot of sweat in this measly 0.121.

T1: 15.411
T2: 34.795
 
A lot of sweat in this measly 0.121.

T1: 15.411
T2: 34.795

Ha - that measly 0.121 just boosted you 9 places up the board 👍
If I could find that this evening, I'll be partying :cheers:
 
When I'm futily trying to keep up with my ghost, I think, "How am I going so fast?!?!"

When I look at the leaderboard, I think, "How am I going so slow?!?!"


:grumpy: :lol:
 
So after 4 days since I set my best lap, I still can't even get close to it and it's not even a fast time compared to you lot 👎
 
So after 4 days since I set my best lap, I still can't even get close to it and it's not even a fast time compared to you lot 👎

Don't get discouraged. Believe me - you have a lot of enjoyment ahead of you, in working your way up the ranks.
WRS is a great place to improve skills - stick at it and you'll see the benefit quite quickly.
There's lots to be learned from grabbing the fast guy's replays when they're available.

Edit:
I see you're using a controller.
Now would be a great time to invest in a wheel, if you're serious about wanting to improve. :)
 
Last edited:
Another session.

T1: 15.500
T2: 35.013
 
Plus a billionty. GT5 is very wheel orientated, more so than Prologue and even more so than 4 was.
 
When I'm futily trying to keep up with my ghost, I think, "How am I going so fast?!?!"

When I look at the leaderboard, I think, "How am I going so slow?!?!"


:grumpy: :lol:

I often have that problem with my ghost "Who the hell is driving that thing?"

Like Duke said above, might be a good time to look into the wheel market if you're going to spend some time torturing yourself in the WRS. :dopey: Even if you don't improve much initially, its much more fun (IMO) and your times will improve alot as you practice, I can (almost) guarantee :)

I've managed a faster lap today, although my first sector was 0.1 slower... but with a much better 3rd sector. Looks worse on the leaderboard but the third sector for that time was quite scruffy.

T1: 15.458
T2: 34.829

I've now clocked up 540 miles doing this challenge. Believe it or not, my missus is being very encouraging - wonder how long that will last...? Maybe she thinks this is the only one we're doing :) What sort of mileage has everyone else done so far?

Edit - Oh yeah, although no-one probably noticed my post about a problem with my brake pedal, it turned about to be an ammount of compacted dog hair stopping the pedal releasing fully.
 
Last edited:
Like Duke said above, might be a good time to look into the wheel market if you're going to spend some time torturing yourself in the WRS. :dopey: Even if you don't improve much initially, its much more fun (IMO) and your times will improve alot as you practice, I can (almost) guarantee :)


I'm thinking about it. Maybe in May after I get back from school.
 
540 miles? That's about 400 laps around Scooba? Yikes. Done about 40 laps.
 
T1 - 15.885
T2 - 35.774

Spent a couple of hours on these, getting more consistent but not really any faster. Good fun combo though, have enjoyed it.
 
My work for the day:

T1: 0:15.649
T2: 0:35.484
 
540 miles? That's about 400 laps around Scooba? Yikes. Done about 40 laps.

I'm not sure whether to be pleased with myself or ashamed... :crazy: It's about 2 hours running per day since Sunday.. doesn't sound too bad put like that I suppose... :guilty:
 
Back