GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,512 comments
Congratz guys with the promotions.

Reaching D1 is a very nice accomplishment. In the gold status we have another Flying Dutchman. Congratz Wes, i know how bad you wanted this 👍

Chris and Jonas congratz with your silver status 👍 Now i know for sure Chris is out of my league and i can look less to his lap times to compare mine. Like the WRS at Seca :sly:

Wes don't forget to adjust your sig mate ;)

Chris, my guess is the delta is from the last time you were promoted (give or take a little rounding or adjusting)... remember way back then when you were at 1.99735? :sly:
I thought it was something like this:

GTP_w-g-e (w-g-e) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (Current Handicap - (1.66667 - Current Handicap))
GTP_Vagabond (Vagabond) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (Current Handicap - (2.00000 - Current Handicap))
GTP_Yanaran (Yanaran) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (Current Handicap - (2.00000 - Current Handicap))

2.00000 is the border from D2 Gold to D1 Bronze and 1.66667 is the border from D1 Bronze and D1 Silver.

I thought it was something like this:

GTP_w-g-e (w-g-e) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (Current Handicap - (1.66667 - Current Handicap))
GTP_Vagabond (Vagabond) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (Current Handicap - (2.00000 - Current Handicap))
GTP_Yanaran (Yanaran) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (Current Handicap - (2.00000 - Current Handicap))

2.00000 is the border from D2 Gold to D1 Bronze and 1.66667 is the border from D1 Bronze and D1 Silver.

Yah, could be that too and makes sense. Both deltas have a valid but different meaning: how far you've come since your last promotion vs how far you are from the upper limit of your previous division. Regardless, all three of you worked hard and earned your delta. :sly:

Division 1 Bronze (1.667 - 1.999):

GTP_gmmatthew / "gm matthew" / UK (1.840)

Wow, I made Division 1? :drool: I'm thrilled. I was hoping to achieve Division 2.

Now I just have to wait for my 3D3 Racing entry form to be accepted...

Now I just have to wait for my 3D3 Racing entry form to be accepted...

Welcome!

Your entry has been accepted, we're just waiting to accept the to-be-sent FR's to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B.
See you on track soon! :gtpflag:

👍 Good times. :) And congrats on being our latest alien. :cheers:

Thank you sir.

Your registry listing is your open invite. :sly: 👍

Join us next Wednesday too: (Cork)Screwin'. There are both EU and NA friendly time slots. Qualifying is live at the published event time and the lounge is open 1 hour prior for warm ups so just sign up and show up. We have organized practices on Tuesday, but those are optional.

And/or join us next weekend for our monthly special event: (Al)berto's Monza Adventure. There are a two hour long "support" races on Saturday and the main event is a 2.4 hour endurance race on Sunday -- all with two car classes to pick from. You have to pre-qualify for the special event so if you are interested you should look into it ASAP.

Same goes to the other new guys OR any veterans who haven't dipped their feet in the online waters yet (or in a while... e.g. Vagabond, Carlos, CatsPajamas, etc.).

Good to Know! I love Online races. I'm not a Hotlaper guy, I need the race start adrenaline!

Not anymore.:sly:

:lol:
Congratulations 👍

@Torino, we missed you tonight, you will be more then welcome to join. Hope I did not give you the wrong impression.

Thank you friend.
No, you didn't! All this is new for me so let me you guys know when I am wrong.
I'm eager to learn 👍

A little late, just got back home :)

Congrats to all 3 of you guys on your promotions!

Never seen you as a D1 silver Wes since i registered on WRS, its good that you finaly got promoted, well done and deserved! ;)👍

Same for you Chris, just one more step now! hehe Well done and keep pushing it on the top of the board mate its great friendly competition :cheers:

Latest round of promotions (through week 89):

GTP_w-g-e (w-g-e) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (1.24844 -0.41823)
GTP_Vagabond (Vagabond) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (1.62931 -0.37069)
GTP_Yanaran (Yanaran) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (1.66426 -0.33574)

Congratulations to all!

Well well. I remember back in the GT5P days when I was in D2 and all the really good racers finally got promoted to D1. I was so looking forward to getting some golds in D2. Then Sutuki and Wes turns up out of nowhere and there I was again, churning out the bronzes. Now they're both D1G so it feels a bit better now. Congrats also to Vagabond and Yanaran, well deserved. Maybe it's time to start up the old PS3. :)

Well well. I remember back in the GT5P days when I was in D2 and all the really good racers finally got promoted to D1. I was so looking forward to getting some golds in D2. Then Sutuki and Wes turns up out of nowhere and there I was again, churning out the bronzes. Now they're both D1G so it feels a bit better now. Congrats also to Vagabond and Yanaran, well deserved. Maybe it's time to start up the old PS3. :)
Thanks a lot Thomas.👍

I think I qualified where I should have qualified (as I did that with my controller). But when I got my wheel I was quite a bit faster and occasionally setting D1 times so sorry about that.

I've heard that D1 gold is like making it to the hall of fame, Great Job Wes 👍 and I would think that "V" and Yanaran will be there also waiting to play GT6 before it arives :)

With the amount of drivers that have dropped off (including myself) I don't understand why the new drivers aren't posted up straight away?

Surely the more drivers and competition, the better for everyone?

I understand that everyone has lives especially at this time of year, but it only seems to go through once a month?

Just my 2 cents.

I wish i could be back running with everyone.

Merry Christmas to the WRS.

Cheers All.

Thought I had a shot earlier in the week and just couldn't get any quicker so I thought I'd move on to the new one :( . Great job to all those who had a clue 👍

I would have thought that being holidays some people would have more time to compete if they are eligable?

Just sayin . . . .

There was no notification in this thread when my registration was accepted.
I just kept looking in the registry until my name appeared there.

There was no notification in this thread when my registration was accepted.
I just kept looking in the registry until my name appeared there.

Yes there was.

New Qualifier Results:

:: Division 1 ::

Division 1 Gold (0.000 - 1.333):

GTP_Spurgy777 / "Spurgy 777" / England (1.240)

:: Division 2 ::

Division 2 Bronze (2.667 - 2.999):

GTP_robiker / robiker / USA (2.844)

:: Division 3 ::

Division 3 Gold (3.000 - 3.333):

GTP_Mamba / manumanu19 / USA (3.015)
GTP_Coupe / iSidious / UK (3.032)
GTP_Wolverine / o_lobo78 / Portugal (3.237)

Division 3 Bronze (3.667 - 3.999):

GTP_Eklmejlazy / Eklmejlazy / UK (3.693)
GTP_pilmat / pilmat / Canada (3.694)
GTP_Brinomial / Brinomial / Canada (3.697)
GTP_panchopuga / panchopuga / USA (3.740)
GTP_Eggstor / Eggstor / USA (3.825)

:: Division 5 ::

Division 5 Gold (5.000 - 5.333):

GTP_ZippyCat / zippy_the_cat / USA (5.159)
GTP_Phask / Phask / Germany (5.306)

Back