GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,512 comments
Welcome to all new drivers, to GTP Torino, guess you will not be participating in the academy....

New Qualifier Results:

:: Division 1 ::

Division 1 Gold (0.000 - 1.333):

GTP_Torino / Torino / Argentina (1.186)

Nice to be the only human being in D1 Gold. :sly:
Welcome to all the new drivers!!!!!

Al

Congrats to all the new guys. :cheers:

Seems D1 Gold is getting more and more populated. :scared:

Welcome new drivers and congratz with your division.

Thank you guys 👍
Welcome to all new drivers, to GTP Torino, guess you will not be participating in the academy....

Why not? I can be an instructor. Right?

To Admins, I will sending my replays tomorrow when I get home. 👍

Welcome to all the new guys and chapeau to Torino for being the latest addition to the alien droids :bowdown:

@ Torino, yes you could be, without disrespecting you, we do not know yet how you handle in race conditions. But I guess if you make an 'alien' start in div1, you must have qualities 👍

You are welcome to join, could be a good thing for you to see how we handle races, qualifying, pitstops and a rolling staggered start ,will be something you will need to get used to ;)

Welcome new drivers.:cheers:

I hope you'll enjoy your stay at the WRS and have a look at our WRS online section here.

Congratz to the new drivers and welcome. You are all in time still to join the current Laguna time trial and of course our online events including the Monza enduro on Dec 1-2 (see my sig).

@Torino. Is it true you've only owned a PS3 and GT5 for a couple weeks?

Congratz to the new drivers and welcome. You are all in time still to join the current Laguna time trial and of course our online events including the Monza enduro on Dec 1-2 (see my sig).

@Torino. Is it true you've only owned a PS3 and GT5 for a couple weeks?

Yes, it is. But it doesn't mean this is the first time in the game.
I used to play a lot of rFactor mods. Lately, I tried GT5 a few times in a Friend House. It liked me, so I get a PS3 & GT5.
My wallet is empty right now :sly:

@ Torino, yes you could be, without disrespecting you, we do not know yet how you handle in race conditions. But I guess if you make an 'alien' start in div1, you must have qualities 👍

You are welcome to join, could be a good thing for you to see how we handle races, qualifying, pitstops and a rolling staggered start ,will be something you will need to get used to ;)

Yes mate, of course. I will race with you guys when you tell me. I don't wanna be a disturb 👍

I used to play a lot of rFactor mods...
👍 Good times. :) And congrats on being our latest alien. :cheers:

Welcome all the new guys. It is nice to see a couple of new additions to D1 I have to say. 👍

Yes mate, of course. I will race with you guys when you tell me. I don't wanna be a disturb 👍

Your registry listing is your open invite. :sly: 👍

Join us next Wednesday too: (Cork)Screwin'. There are both EU and NA friendly time slots. Qualifying is live at the published event time and the lounge is open 1 hour prior for warm ups so just sign up and show up. We have organized practices on Tuesday, but those are optional.

And/or join us next weekend for our monthly special event: (Al)berto's Monza Adventure. There are a two hour long "support" races on Saturday and the main event is a 2.4 hour endurance race on Sunday -- all with two car classes to pick from. You have to pre-qualify for the special event so if you are interested you should look into it ASAP.

Same goes to the other new guys OR any veterans who haven't dipped their feet in the online waters yet (or in a while... e.g. Vagabond, Carlos, CatsPajamas, etc.).

Latest round of promotions (through week 89):

GTP_w-g-e (w-g-e) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (1.24844 -0.41823)
GTP_Vagabond (Vagabond) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (1.62931 -0.37069)
GTP_Yanaran (Yanaran) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (1.66426 -0.33574)

Congratulations to all!

Well done Wes! long time coming ;) and Chris, nearly there ;) congrats and omg's to all three of you 👍

Nice to be the only human being in D1 Gold. :sly:
Not anymore.:sly:

My first and hopefully last promotion. Thank you guys.:cheers:

Congratulations to Chris and Jonas as well. Only one step remaining for you guys now. Good luck.:)

Not anymore.:sly:

My first and hopefully last promotion. Thank you guys.:cheers:

Congratulations to Chris and Jonas as well. Only one step remaining for you guys now. Good luck.:)

congrats wes and chris you guys deserve it with all hard work 👍

Wooooooooooot!! :D

Never in a million years did I expect to make it this far up when I first started with the WRS. Honestly, never.... Amazing. :D

Thanks for the kudos you guys. Its been a long road here but loads of fun along the way thanks to all our WRS addicts and the goodly race admins who keep the series running. :cheers: I reckon this is as far as I'll make it in the divisions but it won't stop me pushing.

Big congrats too to Wes and Jonas. 👍 Finally eh Wes lad? Knew you'd make it and god knows you deserve it. :)

Just one handicap question if I may Vax (:sly:)

What handicap are you subtracting from? After the last handicap adjustment, I think I was on 1.699 (or thereabouts) so where does the 1.62931+0.37069= 2.0 come from? I know you must get fed up of handicap related questions so my apologies for that.

Chris, my guess is the delta is from the last time you were promoted (give or take a little rounding or adjusting)... remember way back then when you were at 1.99735? :sly:

Promotions after week 12:
+ GTP_Vagabond (Vagabond) D2 Gold -> D1 Bronze (1.99735 -0.33599)

Congratz, you've earned it!

Chris, my guess is the delta is from the last time you were promoted (give or take a little rounding or adjusting)... remember way back then when you were at 1.99735? :sly:
Congratz, you've earned it!
Yeah that would make sense. :) Thanks Tim... and thanks. What a ride since then. :cheers:

3 of our top drivers get promoted, welldone guys, all deserved.

@Torino, we missed you tonight, you will be more then welcome to join. Hope I did not give you the wrong impression.

Congrats all, well deserved.

Great drivers and people, lots of fun trying to stay somewhat close to you and learning from you all.

Welcome new guys, and congrats to all three very hard working promotees. Those didn't come easy!

Sweet! Thanks guys. :D Big congrats to Wes and Chris, can't think of a better bunch of guys to get promoted with. 👍

I was aiming for silver back when I was participating a lot, but pretty much gave up on the idea after my breaks. I guess I was closer than I thought and that guest appearance in the Zonda pushed me over the edge. :)

Back