GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,512 comments
Congratulations to all new drivers, and to all promotee! :)

One more new driver with this set:

Division 3 Gold (3.000 - 3.333):

GTP_iainoflo / iainoflo85 / Scotland (3.186)

Welcome to all new drivers and congratulations to promotees! Especially litchi with a whole division promotion, nice work.

It has been my target to reach d2 silver - can't see myself improving any further, but didn't expect to reach it so quick - thought id blown my chances by not beating my handicap last week in the suzuki.
Cheers Vaxen!

Just submitted my entry, don't really know what to expect as i haven't done much racing online, but i hope for d4 at least

Just submitted my entry, don't really know what to expect as i haven't done much racing online, but i hope for d4 at least

Glad you got your submission sorted. Good luck with your entry too 👍

Hang in there...unfortunately you sent yours in only a couple days after our last batch was announced. You will be in the next batch, announced in this thread 2 to 3 weeks from now.

Don't really know where to put this, but here goes.

After reading posts that people drop out and beeing seen for someone that set this up to win a division, i decided to leave the community.

Special thanks to the people who post videos and tunes, and mamba of course, you guys improved my pace a lot in a short amount of time.

Sorry for any inconvenience, was not my intention.

Good luck!

Thanks for the messages guys, you are right! Will be back next week to give you all a hard time:sly:!

Last edited:

After reading posts that people drop out and beeing seen for someone that set this up to win a division, i decided to leave the community.

Special thanks to the people who post videos and tunes, and mamba of course, you guys improved my pace a lot in a short amount of time.

Good luck!

Thanks for the messages guys, you are right! Will be back next week to give you all a hard time:sly:!

That's the spirit !!

Ok guys I'm a big fan of gt since gt3. I am quite new on gt planet, and would love to take part in this race. How do I go about joining?

Last edited:
Ok guys I'm a big fan of gt since gt3. I am quite new on gt planet, and would love to take part in this race. How do I go about joining?

Click the link on my signature for info on the WRS 👍

Edit: and... welcome to :gtplanet:

Last edited:

Good luck!

Awesome!!!!

Al

P.S. Good luck with your qualifyer SaracenKnight!

Can't wait to see in which division I end up in.. Did my best but getting used to my driving wheel really killed me, was barely doing better than on the controller :P Ah well, glad with my times none the less.

New Qualifier Results (3/12/13):

:: Division 1 ::

Division 1 Bronze (1.667 - 1.999):

GTP_schnick / schnick / Australia (1.703)
GTP_finbaek / GordonS / Finland (1.820)

:: Division 2 ::

Division 2 Gold (2.000 - 2.333):

GTP_Revoy / Revoy / St. Kitts (2.254)

:: Division 3 ::

Division 3 Gold (3.000 - 3.333):

GTP_slowman / bloodstriker / Australia (3.281)

Division 3 Bronze (3.667 - 3.999):

GTP_Endet / Endet / Finland (3.719)
GTP_sahkojanis / GTP_sahkojanis / Finland (3.727)
GTP_Sarkazmo / Sarkazmo / USA (3.874)

:: Division 4 ::

Division 4 Bronze (4.667 - 4.999):

GTP_STRATfan / 57sunburststrat / USA (4.795)
GTP_GFV / SlowBoat2China / USA (4.886)

Promotions (through week 105):
GTP_BanditKarter (BanditKarter22) D2 Gold -> D1 Bronze (1.96006 -0.37327)
GTP_Kreezydoed (kreezydoed) D3 Gold -> D2 Bronze (2.73698 -0.59635)
GTP_Racingworld (Racingworld68) D3 Bronze -> D3 Silver (3.59039 -0.40961)
* GTP_b00gee60 (bravojon) D5 Silver -> D4 Bronze (4.92261 -0.74405)

Welcome new guys, congrats to all promoted, seems like I missed promotion again, I thought almost 10 events doing very good negative handicaps and D2 times would be enough.

Last edited:
Welcome to all new drivers, and congratulations to all the people who got promoted.

Welcome new guys, congrats to all promoted, seems like I missed promotion again, I thought almost 10 events doing very good negative handicaps and D2 times would be enough.

It looks like you just missed it, before this promotions you were on 3.200 so you gained 0.188, so that would be 0.012 short to get promotion. You will get it next time for sure.....

GTP_Mamba / manumanu19 / USA (3.020 / 3.012)

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new GTP drivers and great work on the promotions guys 👍

It looks like you just missed it, before this promotions you were on 3.200 so you gained 0.188, so that would be 0.012 short to get promotion. You will get it next time for sure.....

GTP_Mamba / manumanu19 / USA (3.020 / 3.012)

Saw that, still don't understand, I used the method Vaxen described to calculate your progress and came up with about a 2.8ish by week 105 so I'm thinking that that method isn't the method that Vaxen uses otherwise I wouldn't be so off. Anyway it's a lot of effort trying to get promoted so I'm just not going to bother anymore, I'll focus more on learning and improving my pace. So probably unofficial time trials for me.

Back