GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,512 comments
Welcome to all the new members and congrats on the promotions - all very deserving and glad that I now have a legitimate excuse when Lucas beats me :lol:

Wow, great influx of people to the registry... Welcome guys, nice job. 👍 And a fantastic round of promotions too. Well done on D1 caine. 👍 Matt, its only a matter of time now mate.... :mischievous:

Welcome to the new drivers. 👍

September promotions:

1.963 GTP_Caine ("gtpcaine") D2 Gold -> D1 Bronze (1.96258 -0.37076)
2.253 GTP_ConRollins (ConRollins) D2 Silver -> D2 Gold (2.25323 -0.41344)
2.311 GTP_Gravitron (Gravitron) D2 Silver -> D2 Gold (2.31130 -0.35536)
2.551 GTP_mj ("mjdmzn") D2 Bronze -> D2 Silver (2.55139 -0.44861)
*2.632 GTP_Wins ("ItsAllAboutWins") D3 Gold -> D2 Silver (2.63192 -0.43901)
2.967 GTP_CargoRatt (GTP_CargoRatt) D3 Gold -> D2 Bronze (2.96744 -0.36590)
3.294 GTP_Airsick (Airsick) D3 Silver -> D3 Gold (3.29414 -0.37253)
3.326 GTP_Jammy (jammy21) D3 Silver -> D3 Gold (3.32644 -0.34023)
3.641 GTP_DigitalBaka (DigitalBaka) D3 Bronze -> D3 Silver (3.64095 -0.35905)

* double bump

Congrats to my fellow promotees, all well deserved, and thanks a lot for the mentions, guys. :cheers: It's been a great ride since D4 Silver in Week 1.

Welcome to the new members, its great to see people still joining even at this late stage. Congrats to all who got promoted, very well deserved to all. And to my good friend Brandon, great to see you moving up, very well deserved. You're not much of a "wheel man" :lol:, but a real DS3 alien. :bowdown: Had a lot of great times competing with you in our own little "battles" and really owe my promotion to you for pushing me so hard, along with everyone else who has given tips and advice. 👍

Welcome to the new members, I think that pushes the member count in the registry over 250 aswell! Congratulations to all promotes and thanks everyone, dead chuffed with the promo! Only downside is it now kind of requires me to get into D1 straight away when GT6 comes out :lol:

I've certainly worked hard for this, so definitely a pat on the back for me! :D

I could have sworn I read somewhere a few days ago we were approaching 250... nevermind welcome to them anyway :lol:

You are confusing the full registry with the 3D3/WRS-Online driver database... which sits at 249 at the moment.

Welcome, new drivers! Congrats promotees!

I see it should be easier to get on the podium in D3 now... :P

Welcome, new drivers! Congrats promotees!

I see it should be easier to get on the podium in D3 now... :P

Yea, and a whole lot harder for me in D2...:lol: This is the first time I truly feel intimidated by my competition. :scared: Not taking anything away from the guys in D3, but I felt at least I had a chance there and it felt like home to me as far as my skill level goes. I'm up for the competition though whenever I get to run again. (moving in the near future.)

Congratulations guys! All well deserved 👍

Welcome new drivers 👍 I'd recommend you also check out the online events!

How is your hip Mitch?

New Qualifier Results:

:: Division 1 ::

Division 1 Silver (1.334 - 1.666):

GTP_SpinOut / "TPR b0x" / Germany (1.505) (Verified)
user118395pic1573412914.gif

GTP_IMMORTAL / "IMMORTALPILOT" / Germany (1.594) (Verified)

Division 1 Bronze (1.667 - 1.999):

GTP_OIZO / "GTP_OIZO" / Poland (1.704)
GTP_Alucard / "mistersafeway" / England (1.816) (Verified)

:: Division 3 ::

Division 3 Gold (3.000 - 3.333):

GTP_Davey / "BlackJackDavey" / Ireland (3.245) (Verified)

Division 3 Bronze (3.667 - 3.999):

GTP_tati / "eDirtyTati" / USA (3.716)

Ok wait. I feel incredibly slow right now. Both mentally and on the race track, haha! But, do you mean to tell me that the guys who did D1 times did both parts of the Nurburgring qualifier in the same time it took me to do just one sector? Or am I missing something?

eDirtyTati
Ok wait. I feel incredibly slow right now. Both mentally and on the race track, haha! But, do you mean to tell me that the guys who did D1 times did both parts of the Nurburgring qualifier in the same time it took me to do just one sector? Or am I missing something?

9cef162d_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-generator-aliens-98f63b.jpeg

The numbers assigned with your division are your handicap, and don't relate directly to your qualifying time. The lower the handicap number, the lower the qualifying time, but not in a linear fashion. It's a way of comparing your relative time to any other registry participant without knowing the exact time (which we keep secret to prevent people from running the qualifier over and over until they reach some magic goal time).

The numbers assigned with your division are your handicap, and don't relate directly to your qualifying time. The lower the handicap number, the lower the qualifying time, but not in a linear fashion. It's a way of comparing your relative time to any other registry participant without knowing the exact time (which we keep secret to prevent people from running the qualifier over and over until they reach some magic goal time).

Ohhhh. That makes me feel better. I worked fairly hard on the qualifier and thought I must be absolute trash.

Last edited:
Congratulations guys! All well deserved 👍

Welcome new drivers 👍 I'd recommend you also check out the online events!

How is your hip Mitch?

Thanks for asking Pasm, (sorry, don't remember your name) your concern is appreciated. The hip is getting better, never really stopped me from running. Just getting ready to make a big change in my life, getting ready to move is among the biggest thing, (probably out of state to start a new life somewhere) so been busy with those preparations. That's why I say I may not run for awhile as explained here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8816448#post8816448

Thanks again for asking. Peace my friends.

Congratulations to those promoted and welcome aboard new drivers!

D2. :eek: not gonna lie, there's a few drivers that scare me with how fast they are. Gonna be a fun challenge for sure!

Congratulations to those promoted and welcome aboard new drivers!

D2. :eek: not gonna lie, there's a few drivers that scare me with how fast they are. Gonna be a fun challenge for sure!
I noticed the avvy update. I know you normally drive when you are not driving. ;)

A couple of comments/questions.

First - In my experience, people who are as fast as you on pad are easily D1 on wheel. If you have a chance to upgrade, do it. For 2 reasons.

1. Because promotion.

2. More importantly. The "game" is amazingly more complete and incredible behind a wheel. Trust me.

Second - The car in your old avvy - Current Gen Camaro with Lambo doors and Neon Bottom trim lights, I think. Just an internet grab, or something you own, or you know the guy?

EDK
I noticed the avvy update. I know you normally drive when you are not driving. ;)

A couple of comments/questions.

First - In my experience, people who are as fast as you on pad are easily D1 on wheel. If you have a chance to upgrade, do it. For 2 reasons.

1. Because promotion.

2. More importantly. The "game" is amazingly more complete and incredible behind a wheel. Trust me.

Second - The car in your old avvy - Current Gen Camaro with Lambo doors and Neon Bottom trim lights, I think. Just an internet grab, or something you own, or you know the guy?

I had a G27 with an obutto ozone cockpit. I hadn't ever played gt5 with a controller up until about 3-4 weeks ago. I had it since February and my g27 times are about. 5 - 1 second slower than my ds3 times. Which is confusing to me. Unfortunately my daughter had to be taken to a children's hospital in Lexington KY (about a hour and a half north of me) quite a few times a month to figure out if they where going to operate on her or put her on medication. To cut a long story short, missing work and 160 mile trips with over night stays really hurt the wallet. So I had to sell my setup to lessen the blow a little. I plan on getting another set up, but it may be a couple of years before the frequent trips stop and I have money to spend on something like that.

As far as the car goes, it was an internet grab by my wife. I'm more of a late 60's stingray tyoe guy, but I really liked the looks of that Camaro. I wouldn't mind owning one like it.

As far as the car goes, it was an internet grab by my wife. I'm more of a late 60's stingray tyoe guy, but I really liked the looks of that Camaro. I wouldn't mind owning one like it.
My dad drove one of those home when I was 4 years old. Big Block Roadster, Black.

Probably one of the reasons I am even here at all. ;)

Below pic is not the actual car, one like it.

081406_1.jpg

I would like to think I took it up another level. ;)

EDK
My dad drove one of those home when I was 4 years old. Big Block Roadster, Black.

Probably one of the reasons I am even here at all. ;)

Below pic is not the actual car, one like it.

I would like to think I took it up another level. ;)

http://s246.photobucket.com/user/kevlar92/media/Challenger/800WideCloseIn.jpg.html

Very nice vette! Makin me jealous lol I have never even been inside a vette. That challenger is stunning as well! My uncle also has a challenger. He worked for Chrysler and bought one when he retired last year. Yours puts his to shame though. You're a very lucky man to own such a great looking car. My absolute dream car is an 08 Viper ACR and I'm afraid it'll remain just a dream.

We had a charity event at my local racetrack, and I had a go in a Shelby Cobra and it was amazing! The noise and power of the thing, sounded like thunder! The other car I went in was a 430 Scuderia, wasn't as much fun as the Cobra, but still fq! I love stingrays, reminds me of my youth.... playing GT1 at HSR and doing 'skateboard tricks' up the banks there :lol:

If money was no object, then I would definitely have the General Lee, and Eleanor! After using the Viper for the GT1 champ, I would say I agree with you wins, I'd have one of them too! :lol:

Still waiting for me to be confirmed to summit time trials in the wrs! :lol: I think you could say I'm ready!

Edit: Whoops its only been 1 week and 1 day until last time they gave me the provisional :lol:

Back