GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Would anyone be interested in running a scaled-down version of the LeMans enduro this weekend? I propose 21 laps without a simulated driver change, but I'm open to all suggestions.

I didn't dare post this in the LeMans enduro thread even though it hasn't been archived yet, because it's sitting neatly at an even 500 posts right now... :dopey:

If interested, say whether Saturday or Sunday would be better for you. I suppose the best time would be 20:00GMT to get more people interested.

I would take advantage of the situation to drive a different car this time (probably the Ferrari).

segovia
Would anyone be interested in running a scaled-down version of the LeMans enduro this weekend? I propose 21 laps without a simulated driver change, but I'm open to all suggestions.

I didn't dare post this in the LeMans enduro thread even though it hasn't been archived yet, because it's sitting neatly at an even 500 posts right now... :dopey:

If interested, say whether Saturday or Sunday would be better for you. I suppose the best time would be 20:00GMT to get more people interested.

I would take advantage of the situation to drive a different car this time (probably the Ferrari).

I'd get to try the Jaaag out in race mode - Saturday. That's just before before Time Attack?

Saying that, it's quite possible I'll be under the weather on that particular morning....

I will be sending the Toyota Altezza Touring Cars next. I have three of them, I am missing the fourth one, the one with the red details (#40). If someone else could provide it, we'd have the complete collection.

I've been busy in the marketplace lately, but I have reserved 4 days in a row starting next Friday for sending all four Altezza Touring Cars (I will have #40 by then).

EDIT: Oh, and I have the two missing Lutecia race cars also.

Last edited:
Great Daniel. 👍 If you need to send them from your non GTP account I'll have to re-add that temporarily, We ran into the 100 friend limit and I had to drop that, but there are a couple spots open again.

We are up over 350 cars now in the 3D3 garage so the project is going well. Check it out here!

The Altezza touring cars are on the priority "wanted" list (mostly non paintable cars with different colors/liveries), but we welcome any car that's not shown in the database:

Wanted List
Dodge Viper GTS '99
  • Viper Black / Silver Stripes
  • Viper Bright Silver Metallic / Blue Stripes
  • Viper Red / Silver Stripes

Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
  • Blue #31
  • Red #31
  • Yellow #31

Honda S2000 LM Race Car
  • Blue #30
  • Purple #30
  • Red #30

Renaultsport Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00
  • White #66
  • Pink #99

Toyota Altezza Touring Car
  • Grey w/ Yellow details #10
  • Grey w/ Black details #24
  • Grey w/ Blue details #35
  • Grey w/ Red details #40

Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car '00
  • Red #5
  • Green #8
  • Yellow #14
  • Black #19
  • Orange #20
  • Blue #23

Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car '03
  • Green #17
  • Yellow #24
  • Orange #54
  • Red #63
  • Black #77
  • Light Blue #78

Volkswagen New Beetle Cup Car '00
  • Red #2
  • Blue #11
  • Bordeaux #15
  • Green #17
  • Yellow #18
  • White #20
  • Silver #21
  • Black #23

Note: We already have the ones that are struck.

Last edited:
I'm going to send both Vipers and the Red #30 Honda S2000 LM Race Car. Is it possible to have them duped and sent back at some point? I've never done any of that before.

I'm going to send both Vipers and the Red #30 Honda S2000 LM Race Car. Is it possible to have them duped and sent back at some point? I've never done any of that before.

Yes, if you want them back I can dup/send.

The dup process is pretty simple though if you want to just try it.
  1. Save Game and Quit GT5
  2. Backup Game Save to USB Stick
  3. Launch GT5
  4. Gift Car
  5. Exit Game
  6. Restore Backed Up Game Save from USB

The car will be in your possession after this and you'll probably have to regenerate the thumbnail image and that's it.

If the car is very high mileage you can use a full restore ticket just before gifting the car and you end up sending a 0/1/0 car and you'll get back your original car and ticket when you restore the backed up save.

Video showing how to do it:

If the car is very high mileage you can use a full restore ticket just before gifting the car and you end up sending a 0/1/0 car and you'll get back your original car and ticket when you restore the backed up save.

Ahem... you mean 1/0/0 :P

It's also possible to dupe without a USB stick by using another account on the PS3 (one that doesn't play GT5, obviously); just create a dummy account if you don't have one already that you can use. When copying from one account to another, though, if I'm not mistaken, you cannot overwrite a file, so you first have to erase the file to be replaced.

That's right Daniel. I have about 10 dummy accounts for that purpose alone, just local-to-PS3 accounts, not actual PSN accounts.

I am collecting the Volkswagen Lupo's GTI cup car aswell, got 4 of them now, was saving them to use in 'academy event'...

Racingworld68
I am collecting the Volkswagen Lupo's GTI cup car aswell, got 4 of them now, was saving them to use in 'academy event'...

If we get any you need give me a shout and I'll pass them on to you. 👍

I'll send the green one tonight.
I also have a yellow one on my main account that I can send in a coupla days.

Thanks. Got the other cars you sent and crossed them off on the list above.

NOTE: I'll be gone for 8 day starting tomorrow and won't be able to update that post above, but you can check the google doc for what's already been sent.

Latest Additions (latest 25 submissions - click "3D3 Racing Garage" link at top to see full garage list)
And submissions will automatically show up on that list as long as the sender fills out the form when sending (note: robiker already does this, so just reminding anyone else who may send a car):

Not sure how this happened, but there is an incomplete entry (colour missing) from me with today's date in the latest additions. Whoever has the power, please delete. Thanks.

Hay all :) I am getting hooked up w/ Hughs as my ISP and they say that I'll be getting 10 meg downstream and 3meg up. Right now I'm at .75meg down and .25 up so I hope that the lag won't be an issue like it is now w/ such a slow connection rate. If anyone has any thoughts about sat connected on line lag issues before I get dissapointed again by the lag or the 20 gig data cap that I will have to stay under, their coming out tomorrow to hook me up and I have a month to try it out and if it doesn't work out I'll at least be able to watch streaming signals better :)

Maybe it will work out so I can come back and race again.

LeftyWright69
Hay all :) I am getting hooked up w/ Hughs as my ISP and they say that I'll be getting 10 meg downstream and 3meg up. Right now I'm at .75meg down and .25 up so I hope that the lag won't be an issue like it is now w/ such a slow connection rate. If anyone has any thoughts about sat connected on line lag issues before I get dissapointed again by the lag or the 20 gig data cap that I will have to stay under, their coming out tomorrow to hook me up and I have a month to try it out and if it doesn't work out I'll at least be able to watch streaming signals better :)

Maybe it will work out so I can come back and race again.

It's Satellite? I'd wait to check on the ping results (speedtest/pingtest or the like), but the latency used to be pretty bad; I hear it's improved with newer generation (and closer) satellites. The throughput should be fine, though.

Looking forward to seeing you out there, Lefty.

I see the mm-R Cup cars on not on WRS Garage list. Is there a reason (i.e. are they garbage cans, etc.)?

Here's my update to the $50/mo Hughs Sat connection overview, overall it is faster moving data. It streams Netflix and Youtube like a fire hose and I was able to watch 720p without buffing as it actually developed a bank account to stay ahead of consumption. This is my first experience w/ this much downstream ability so it was a real smile maker.

When I down load files and watch my DL data rate the speed just can't make it's mind up. One second it's up to 9 meg and then it changes to less then one meg then it jumps up to something less then the max and then something more or less. It's all over the place and there is no consistancy. My $40/mo Wi-Fi is slower but the speed just stays consistant thusly no drop off of the signal. It's the Tortus and the Hair deal.

Testing the VOIP has been great and less fractured then my Wi-Fi. When I persue other real time streaming the service starts to collaps. When I try to stream real time audio as in my local radio station it goes fine until the connection just stops, pauses and then tries to reconnect. As I watch my connection statius it shows red and then the petitioning by the web page buffering, it wakes up and tries to reconnect and does until it collapses again only to start over again.

My biggest dissapointment is when I watch real time streaming TV, the signal starts off great and then it freezes the picture. Since you have to re initiate the connection every time only to find that the page has to be reloaded again it is a real deal breaker for me. Thank God that I have a free month to tell them to take their junk out of here before they force me to commit to a 2 yr contract I'm happier then I would be if I was stuck w/ it for the same period.

If anyone has any thoughts about how to get over the packet start stop issues other then tellin them to get I would appriciat it. I really wanted to race again but it's looking like I'm back on the sidelines again :(

-------------------------------- UPDATE -----------------------------------------

YEEEE HAWWW it was my routerrrrrrrrr "I'm rockinnnnnnn" the problem was my out dated router. I'm just spinning circles w/ excitement. I think that I can race on line again. It's flawless now. I can't wait to tell my old ISP to take a flying hike w/ their whimpy signal. 👍 :) 👍

I just have to get all my systems and the PS3 hooked up on this bad boy. It's like I just got rocketed into the future, WEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
pilmat
I see the mm-R Cup cars on not on WRS Garage list. Is there a reason (i.e. are they garbage cans, etc.)?

Not that I know of, just got no experience with them. I'll probably send 'em over eventually. My sends have been occupied managing a some cars I needed freshly broken in and tested, but should be back on track soon.

LeftyWright69
YEEEE HAWWW it was my routerrrrrrrrr "I'm rockinnnnnnn" the problem was my out dated router. I'm just spinning circles w/ excitement. I think that I can race on line again. It's flawless now. I can't wait to tell my old ISP to take a flying hike w/ their whimpy signal. 👍 :) 👍

I just have to get all my systems and the PS3 hooked up on this bad boy. It's like I just got rocketed into the future, WEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee

Rawk!

Last edited:
Just about to send an FR from my wq1970 account to 3D3Racing. Could someone accept it, please? I'll send the two missing Lutecia Trophy Race Cars from there tonight (or tomorrow) and tomorrow night, then you could delete right after.

Thanks!

WRP, could you update the wanted car list when you get time?

Here is the updated list. We've gotten quite a few already and I just removed them from the list. Also added the mm-R cup car to the wanted list:

Wanted List
Dodge Viper GTS '99
  • Viper Black / Silver Stripes

Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car '00
  • Yellow #14
  • Black #19

Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car '03
  • Red #63
  • Black #77
  • Light Blue #78

Volkswagen New Beetle Cup Car '00
  • Red #2
  • Bordeaux #15
  • Green #17
  • Yellow #18
  • White #20

Nissan mm-R Cup Car '01
  • Black #90
  • Gold #25
  • Green #23
  • Grey #8
  • Light Blue #41
  • Orange (Cream) #11
  • Orange (Metallic) #10
  • Red #15
  • Royal Blue #38
  • Silver / Purple #6
  • Silver #63
  • White #77

Last edited:
In the off chance that the forums go down again and you are looking for information or status about an online event check out 3D3 Racing on Twitter (@3D3Racing).

You don't need a twitter account to view any information published on that page and you might want to bookmark that page just in case (or if you do have a twitter account you can follow us).

Note that we won't use the twitter account regularly, all information will always be posted to these GTPlanet forums when it's available, the twitter account is only there for backup purposes.

In the off chance that the forums go down again and you are looking for information or status about an online event check out 3D3 Racing on Twitter (@3D3Racing).

You don't need a twitter account to view any information published on that page and you might want to bookmark that page just in case (or if you do have a twitter account you can follow us).

Note that we won't use the twitter account regularly, all information will always be posted to these GTPlanet forums when it's available, the twitter account is only there for backup purposes.

added @3D3Racing 👍

Back