GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Hydro
Jesus Tim, do your kids tap dance all over your rig when you are away?
I do admire your patience with the entire mess though, I'd have driven to where ever TM's headquarters are and tossed the entire setup through a window by now.

If I could drive there I'd make it so. :(

If I could drive there I'd make it so. :(

That response inspired me to find them... France? That would be quite a drive.
However, they are located only 695 KMs from Brugge :Hint Hint Speedy:

Well I inverted my pedals so I now have a functional accelerator and a faulty clutch. :dopey:

Of course it feels different and I have to learn how to break again. But at least I can drive. Gives me time to get on the phone with TM yet again and get some parts.

That response inspired me to find them... France? That would be quite a drive.
However, they are located only 695 KMs from Brugge :Hint Hint Speedy:
Send it over Tim. I'll gladly toss it through their window for you! :D

Gravitron
If you're learning to brake again, you might as well learn how to 2-foot it. :dopey:

I've been two footing it for a while now including the F1 @ Suzuka race. Pretty much used to it now and not going back.

WRP001
I've been two footing it for a while now including the F1 @ Suzuka race. Pretty much used to it now and not going back.

Tim "Two-Foot" T. , as he's known around these parts.

If I ever have $600 to blow on my setup, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy the Crapmaster T500 CrapFest.

Tim "Two-Foot" T. , as he's known around these parts.

If I ever have $600 to blow on my setup, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy the Crapmaster T500 CrapFest.

I have the money saved already, but all these nasty stories, are keeping me from buying it. So for the moment I will continue with my G27.

I have the money saved already, but all these nasty stories, are keeping me from buying it. So for the moment I will continue with my G27.

If the G27 is working, just stick with it. The better wheel won't really make you any faster... a great set of pedals might, but I wouldn't put the T500 pedals in that class. It does improve the "experience", but I think as far as raw speed, once you adjust to the wheels I don't think there is a huge difference... it's not like going from controller to wheel. A very precise set of pedals will probably make a bigger difference and the general consensus is the T500 pedals don't stack up for the CSP set. I don't know for sure as I've only ever used the T500.

If you were already used to the T500 force feedback, it would be hard to go back to the G27... that I know.

Thanks for keeping the cars coming guys... here's the updated wanted list:

Dodge Viper GTS '99
  • Viper Black / Silver Stripes
Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car '03
  • Light Blue #78
Nissan mm-R Cup Car '01
  • Gold #25
  • Grey #8
  • Orange (Cream) #11
  • Orange (Metallic) #10
  • Red #15
  • Royal Blue #38
  • Silver / Purple #6
  • Silver #63
Nismo 400R '96
  • Black
  • Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Super Clear Red II

Last edited:
Oh damn, i thought you where talking about your seat Tim :lol: But it's your wheel. TM sucks indeed.

I updated the car list above with those just received. We've now got a complete collection of the Volkswagen New Beetle Cup Car '00 (thanks Daniel) which has been removed from the list. 👍.

Also, in the latest OCD there is the unpaintable Nismo 400R. The 3D3 account's OCD included the lightning yellow version, but we're looking for the other three colors in case they're in your OCD. Thanks in advance.

Nismo 400R '96
  • Black
  • Lightning Yellow
  • Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Super Clear Red II

Last edited:
What will be event 63 ? Same as the WRS event or not this time ?

That will be announced on Thursday. The admins and stewards are discussing the format and options at the moment which are pending testing.

If you guys get stuck for ideas, I'd like to remind you of this combo. Was good fun :)

I'm pretty sure the 'leanings' of the stewards at this point is to run the Copen combo rather than a replacement, but they are looking at mixing up the format a bit. I'm very unlikely to be able to attend (the night before thanksgiving with relatives visiting) so I'm keeping out of the decision for the most part. e.g. Don't shoot the messenger. :sly:

When we do need a replacement we'll keep that combo in mind, but for replacements we started to primarily use tuning restricted events. In fact, if it's not going to align with the TT anyway we prefer to use cars that are not in Arcade Mode and utilize the "Tuning Prohibited" feature since that's not possible offline and thus allows us to use a variety of cars without tuning. e.g. NS X-Men or Snake in the Road or Autumn Ring Trophy Cup.

We'd welcome good ideas of cars that could be run with tuning prohibited and are good matches for a track such as the above examples and also provide good racing (taking into account tranny not hitting limiter in draft, passing difficulty, strategy, etc).

Note: the only option available with "Tuning Prohibited" are adjustments to the power limiter (which can mitigate some limiter issues) and of course the R/A functions.

If the cars come in several liveries (e.g. NS X-Men or Trophy Cup) or can be painted (e.g. Snake) it's a plus. If they are standard models they must be tradeable so they can be distributed on fairly short notice.

As we've said before we're not really interested in "homologization", especially on short notice for a replacement weekly event, so it's either a one make or the cars come out exactly (and obviously) even right out of the box (e.g. NS X-Men).

If anyone has combo ideas that fit the framework post them to GTP WRS-Online : Suggestions Box.

I liked that Combo as well Mike. It certainly wasn't an easy little car to drive but once you got the hang of it, it was really nice.

NewsFlash!

Twitch.tv is giving me a chance to personalize my new oncoming page.
The screen to watch is like twice as big now as it was before.
I don't think you guys can already see this new page when you visit my channel there. You'll have to be patient for another week I think.

NewTwitchpage.png

Really need to find something now to get my sound on both; tv and headset as currently - since I bought my headset - audio only goes to the headset which results in a silent Livestream. 👎
Anyone familiar with the Sony wireless stereo headset?

Doesn't Pekka use the Sony wireless?
You could always attach a small bluetooth mic (Edit: or any small mic for that matter - it's going into a PC right?) to your shirt (collar or somewhere close to your mouth) and test that. You don't need to hear anything (I think??) so it doesn't need to be anywhere near your ear.

Last edited:
Does the Sony headset use the optical sound output? Mine does and the Audio Multi-out setting allows the sound to got to both my headset (via optical) and to the Haupauge via component. My problem was I could never get that sound to end up on Twitch feeds, but the Haupauge picked up the sound fine.

The Sony headset uses a USB dongle. I use that headset and when it's on, there's no sound from the TV, but I don't know if anything can be done for that.

I looked up "Audio Mult-Output" and found this. Speedy -- you might want to experiment / google before getting a new headset:

Audio Multi-Output
Adjust this setting to output audio through the HDMI OUT connector, the DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) connector, and the AV MULTI OUT connector simultaneously.

See this.

Not sure how the USB dongle comes into play exactly as USB output is not listed. My headset connects to usb also, but that's just for the voice channel, the primary sound is over optical.

It is possible to change the sound output from the Stereo Headset to an outside source, but then the one wearing the headset can't hear the TV.

GTPorsche
It is possible to change the sound output from the Stereo Headset to an outside source, but then the one wearing the headset can't hear the TV.

My ghetto set up is a pair of iPod-style in-ears, run from an extension to the TV's headphone socket, with a Bluetooth mic over the top on one ear on the rare occasions I get to use it. Point is, the TV's headphone output spits out basic stereo in parallel, and can be patched into the PC with a 3.5mm cable. I don't know if that helps any with USB getting in the way, but you could grab the game output from the PC and handle chat separately in the same way, maybe. Y-connector, maybe? Probably a reach...

I want to replace it with a proper optical->base station to wired or wireless headset setup. Any particular recommendations? Turtle Beach? I'm not determined to have wireless, but I do want to be able to support PS3, PC, and not necessarily have to replace for PS4, which could be complicated if they drop the optical.

Truthfully, I was a little bit baffled when the PS3 would only do chat to a Bluetooth headset (stereo).

Thanks Tim but no luck.
Setting the multi output [ON], makes sound go through every output of the PS3.
Tested it on the HDMI channel on the tv. Got image and audio there, switched to Component channel on the tv and got audio but no image (of course).
As soon as I switched on the headset there was no more audio on both channels on the tv, only audio in the headset.
Found one setting where I could make the audio go to the tv but then I had no more audio in the headset. :grumpy:

Thanks Tim but no luck.
Setting the multi output [ON], makes sound go through every output of the PS3.
Tested it on the HDMI channel on the tv. Got image and audio there, switched to Component channel on the tv and got audio but no image (of course).
As soon as I switched on the headset there was no more audio on both channels on the tv, only audio in the headset.
Found one setting where I could make the audio go to the tv but then I had no more audio in the headset. :grumpy:

The USB headset must override the other outputs. 👎

My ghetto set up is a pair of iPod-style in-ears, run from an extension to the TV's headphone socket, with a Bluetooth mic over the top on one ear on the rare occasions I get to use it. Point is, the TV's headphone output spits out basic stereo in parallel, and can be patched into the PC with a 3.5mm cable. I don't know if that helps any with USB getting in the way, but you could grab the game output from the PC and handle chat separately in the same way, maybe. Y-connector, maybe? Probably a reach...

I want to replace it with a proper optical->base station to wired or wireless headset setup. Any particular recommendations? Turtle Beach? I'm not determined to have wireless, but I do want to be able to support PS3, PC, and not necessarily have to replace for PS4, which could be complicated if they drop the optical.

Truthfully, I was a little bit baffled when the PS3 would only do chat to a Bluetooth headset (stereo).

If you don't mind wired my headset is pretty awesome and is compatible with PS3 or PC or Xbox (not tested). Tritton AX Pro. Not cheap. For PC you can bipass the "control box" if you don't have an optical out capable card and for the PS3 you can get the optical output. There is a USB cable from the box that handles the chat -- no bluetooth at all. There might be a newer version, mine is 18 months old now. Not sure.

Last edited:
Before selling this one and buying a new headset I'll make sure to test it first in the store.
As this is my first real headset I had no clue the sound would be cut off from the tv.

... but you could grab the game output from the PC and handle chat separately in the same way, maybe. Y-connector, maybe? Probably a reach...
Unfortunatly, images and sound from the Hauppauge get to the PC with a delay of half a second to a second so no go on that one.

Last edited:
Looks like Walmart is going to have GT5 for sale on Black Friday for $10. Might even be the XL edition which means some free DLC included... very good deal if you don't have Spa, or if nothing else, to get a backup disk.

Perfect gift for your wife or girlfriend too. :lol:

Back