GTP_WRS Week 145 : Old School Suzuka *GT5 Finale* - Submission Instructions Updated!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 203 comments
Fifteen laps in, lots of time to find, but thought I would put some times on the board.

Last edited:
Wonderful combo, Kevin, great choice for the grand finale! I'm going to have fun for the next week and a half :dopey: I hope you get promoted to Super Dictator for GT6 :P:cheers: (btw, Suzuka was one of my two guesses for the combo, the other one being La Sarthe).

Ran my first few laps but my best one is dirty and I hadn't saved any other ones, so I won't post splits tonight, it'll wait until tomorrow (probably). I'm still comparing two approaches: smooth vs thrashing quasi-mercilessly, not sure yet which is best...

Great lap there Andrew but something just doesn't seem right....I mean running almost a full second faster than a very fast D1 Gold driver. (Stotty) Are you sure all your settings are on par with the regs? Not trying to take anything away from you, but it just seems odd that you are so far ahead of everyone else here.

Great lap there Andrew but something just doesn't seem right....I mean running almost a full second faster than a very fast D1 Gold driver. (Stotty) Are you sure all your settings are on par with the regs? Not trying to take anything away from you, but it just seems odd that you are so far ahead of everyone else here.

I'm running 48.2's at T1 and know a high 57 is doable, plus the exit from the Hairpin has a massive influence over your T2 time, so absolutely no problems with Andrews times.

I'm now running the stock gearbox (which isn't that bad other than a slightly too long 3rd gear), but the car is really hard to tune to get a good balance over the entire track. Once I have something half decent I'll post it, but I am using chassis reinforcement and active steering strong otherwise turn 1 is backwards trip in to the gravel most laps :lol:

The Esses are lovely as usual, but Degner 1 is an absolute fatherless SOB.

I understand how you feel Mitch, I wasn't expecting to be this far ahead. It's probably because the other aliens haven't given the combo a run yet. I even had to triple check my specs to make sure it was all correct, and it was. Here's my work in progress setup if anyone wants to use it. :)

-1/12
9.8/10.1
4/5
4/5
7/5
1.8/0.8
0.00/-0.10

5/25/5

5/6 Brake Balance

Make sure to install Chassis Reinforcement (Chassis Improvement)! It worked well in the Autumn Ring seasonal and it works great here.

Thanks for posting Andrew, will give it a run tomorrow 👍

Enjoying the car, never used it outside of photomode before. :embarrassed: Track is still a turd though... :banghead:

Got a basic tune on it so far and it's feeling much more stable than I figured it would for a Lambo. Bob should have the break in done by now so I should have plenty of time to get laps in. 👍

I understand how you feel Mitch, I wasn't expecting to be this far ahead. It's probably because the other aliens haven't given the combo a run yet. I even had to triple check my specs to make sure it was all correct, and it was. Here's my work in progress setup if anyone wants to use it. :)

-1/12
9.8/10.1
4/5
4/5
7/5
1.8/0.8
0.00/-0.10

5/25/5

5/6 Brake Balance

Make sure to install Chassis Reinforcement (Chassis Improvement)! It worked well in the Autumn Ring seasonal and it works great here.

Alright then, if you triple checked everything then looks like you are on your way to alien status. :bowdown: You've come a long way Andrew in a pretty short amount of time it seems so great job on your progress. 👍 Thanks for your input on the tuning. :cheers:

@Stotty: Thanks for your input aswell. Keep at it and don't let the kid beat you. :lol: Good luck to you both as well as everyone else. I should get started on this later tonight.

I'm really bloody hopeless at Suzuka usually.... :P Love the track but never really got it figured. However, I do like the car and this is our last event for GT5 after all. Part run-in @362bhp:

I can see at least another few tenths but my consistency is worse than usual round here.

I'm really bloody hopeless at Suzuka usually.... :P Love the track but never really got it figured. However, I do like the car and this is our last event for GT5 after all.

And that's the reason you should grace this thread with one last sector 1 video! :sly: Until GT6, of course.

Putting myself on the board with these:

Improved by 0.44s on the whole lap.

This was done by staying in 3rd through the esses. I'm not consistent enough yet in those turns to know if shifting down to 2nd once or twice would be faster. This was done with Kevin's tune, the previous splits with Andrew's. I will still go back and forth between tunes until I'm sure which is best for me.

1'00.180

Seen plenty of T1s better than this lap but I keep mucking up the chicane at the end.

-1/12
9.8/10.1
4/5
4/5
7/5
1.8/0.8
0.00/-0.10

5/25/5

5/6 Brake Balance

Thanks for the set-up.👍
About the chassis reinforcement:could it be it works well now because with the seasonal at Autumn Ring the car had to run high mileage to get the PP?
Or are you using a different car now?
I'm curious about this,because it seems to work with the current seasonal allso..:confused:

I used Andrew's tune with chassis reinforcement. It took me a few laps to tame this tune, but once I did, my splits were much better.

Last edited:
Nice splits Patrick! Have the car broken in and hoping to get a run on this over the long weekend here.

Really want to run this, but need to earn the car.... bored of running the Lambo seasonal. Can't clear S246. Usually I'd love this sort of stuff but seeing how it's a barrier to my participation I'm absolutely hating it and my desire to improve is zero.

With the micro-transactions in GT6 the trade restrictions are really going to hurt me again with the WRS.

I had my Bob run the B-spec seasonal event no. 5, race #2. He never placed better than 2nd, but with the 200% multiplier 2nd was good enough for almost $500k each race. He made me the credits I needed while I was watching TV with my wife. 👍

I haven't had a chance to run the TT yet, but I think I should have some time tonight.

Tune

b/b 4/3
lsd 5/18/8

-15/-15
10.0/9.0
7/7
5/5
7/5
2.5/1.5
-0.05/-0.10

No chassis reinforcement.

Great car. Thanks again for all of these, you guys.:cheers:

First splits, using Andrews tune . Thanks for all the tunes.

EDK
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to week 1 of GT6 WRS already.

👍👍

Kinda surprised at the low turn out so far. I thought that as this is the last ever GT5 Time Trial that the turn out would have been huge to give it a good send off :boggled:

New car,oil change, 90 km.
Customizable suspension, but with stock settings.
No chassis reinforcement (yet... :lol: )

This car is 'quite difficult' to drive quickly. That's being VERY diplomatic - last night there would have been multiple 4 letter words involved as I quit in a fit of RAGE :lol:

I'm having real problems getting any sort of consistent laps going as I'm finding my trail braking style doesn't work with this car and I'm frequently running wide or half spinning in turn 1 and/or Degner 1... this car really shows up how incorrectly weight transfer is modelled in GT5 - real cars do not oversteer when you release the brakes FFS!

I'm also interested what gear people are using for the exit of Spoon - I accidentally ran some laps with custom transmission, and with that, 3rd worked perfectly. But with the stock gearbox 3rd feels too long to get a good exit, and 2nd feel a bit short.

Here is an image of Suzuka with turn names for others like me that do not know the names.

wkc9.gif

I am still not settled on what is best. Here is what I am doing presently.
Turns 1 and 2 going from 5th to 3rd in turn one, then down to 2nd for exit of turn 2.
The S curves I am in 3rd for first S, for second S 2nd then quickly to 3rd.
For Gyaku Bank Curve I go from 3rd to 2nd for entry, exiting on 3rd going into Dunlop.
The entry to Dunlop is 3rd getting to 4th before Degner.
I downshift to 3rd for entry to Degner then down to 2nd for second part of Degner.
The hairpin, I have been staying in 2nd thoughout the turn (not sure if I should go to 1st or not)
For Spoon, I enter in 3rd, then down to 2nd for exit (again not sure what is best)
For 130R enter in 4th,
For last Chicanes (Casio) sometimes down to 1st then quickly back to 2nd for exit, other times I stay in 2nd for entry and exit.

Last edited:
I'm exiting spoon in 2nd but it's not great as it feels like I'm losing a lot of momentum but staying in 3rd is not really working either :confused:

I'm working the gears exactly the same way Patrick, except I drop to first for the hairpin.

Thanks for the map, I'm not very familiar with the corner names.

My gears by corner...

Exit turn 2 - 2nd
Esses - Dunlop - 3rd all the way (haven't tried 2nd as I don't think my revs drop low enough to need it)
Degner 1 - 3rd
Degner 2 - 2nd
Hairpin - 1st on entry, 2nd on exit
Spoon entry - 3rd
Spoon exit - 2nd/3rd (neither feels right)
130r - 4th
Casio - 2nd

New tune

b/b 4/3
lsd 5/18/8

-15/-15
12.0/11.0
7/7
5/5
7/5
2.5/2.0
-0.05/-0.20