GTP_WRS Week 67 : NASCAR WRS Style

• Thread starter EDK
  • 102 comments
Sorry if I appear a bit nit-picky on this one, but maybe it is something worth bringing up...

May we then agree on or rather trust that everyone then starts his two laps and carries whatever speed you get on the line from the starting point as is? In other words no turning around to get more speed into start of lap one?

I would highly appreciate it if this could just be seen that way. I really got sick and tyred of this darn turning around and riding back to the bus stop last time we were at DR :crazy:, and I bet I'm not alone here...
IMO not turning around for extra kmh could be seen as correspondance to part of the ORL "Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules"

Thoughts?

Since you have to save a full replay, everyone will know if you do this.

I'm expecting everyone to make their run the very first 2 laps (Answering Animera's question) and I'm also expecting that people will not turn around to try and gain speed.

Wouldn't we only post the splits of our fastest lap anyway? So we 'save replay' and 'save best lap replay' to get the full replay of the 2 laps, and the splits to our fastest lap to post as splits in this thread?

Let's keep it simple. The splits won't mean much, I just was trying to avoid the question of whether or not you could post them. I've added some language that will clarify that statement.

For new members:

This should say the opposite.
We should save our replay using the "Save Replay" not "Save Best Lap Replay" icon.

Most members probably realise this, but some may not.

And thanks for the fetchbot answer.

And, thanks Kenny. I've also fixed this issue.

EDK
Since you have to save a full replay, everyone will know if you do this.

I'm expecting everyone to make their run the very first 2 laps (Answering Animera's question) and I'm also expecting that people will not turn around to try and gain speed.

Now that's a clear call :), thanks Kev. I wasn't even aware the replay (or rather lap) starts with standing start, so there'll be no doubt, quite right! 👍

EDK
The splits won't mean much, I just was trying to avoid the question of whether or not you could post them. I've added some language that will clarify that statement.

Very true. In that case, new time:

And I already think Ian has set a time which I won't even be able to achieve at the end of the week :lol:

To help new members to WRS, what I did was run as many practise laps as you like don’t save anything then exit.

Load back into arcade pick Daytona make sure you change to S1 tires, then run two laps from a standing start as you cross the line onto your 3rd lap press start to end your two laps run, now save your replay (not best lap)

Good luck Phillip.

Finding the track's transition off the banking quite tricky sometimes and once it's sideways, there ain't no catching it.
I'm running the yellow line as much as possible, like Danica did in the ARCA race. :sly:
I'm trying to find a way through turns 3 and 4 without lifting, but not yet.
I'm going to try staying high in 3 and dropping to the yellow line somewhere through 4 and see what happens.

Fastest lap in fastest race.

1'00.133

1'01.200 1'00.7311'00.340

Couple more to knock off till I reach less than a minute

Last edited:
Hi it's my first event and I'm having trouble understanding the rules. I just had a few questions. First, do you have to start to the race from a stand still or can you use the speed that the time trial starts you with? Second, when you said that we could post times we run online does that mean we are allowed to tune our cars?(Suspension and ratios)

Fastest lap so far,

1'00.898

This one is much trickier than I thought it would be. I like it:tup:

Hi Nano.

To be safe, reread the race specs each time you race.
I do this a couple times during the week, sometimes they are revised.

It is a time trial but being 2 laps.
This week's race starts with the standing start just after turn 4 and that is fine, use the speed you start with.

This weeks race is an arcade race and won't allow you to tune the car, like an online race.
It will allow you to change driving options and you can chose tires that are S2 or below.
This week we use S1 tires, front and rear.
This week we also run offline.

Hope this helps with your questions.

Hi Nano.

I do this a couple times during the week, sometimes they are revised.

It is a time trial but being 2 laps.
This week's race starts with the standing start just after turn 4 and that is fine, use the speed you start with.

This weeks race is an arcade race and won't allow you to tune the car, like an online race.
It will allow you to change driving options and you can chose tires that are S2 or below.
This week we use S1 tires, front and rear.
This week we also run offline.

Hope this helps with your questions.

Thanks Kenny. One bit of clarification, I've stated that your run can be done while online this week.

For Mr_NaNo, it just means you do not need to be signed out of the PSN while doing your run this week. We don't allow you to run online in many of the Arcade Mode Time Trials we post.

Slightly slower fastest lap, but a better total time.

Last edited:
I shift just before the red light for each gear. Edit:

Quick run-through: Cross line at 256km/h, shift to 6th gear at 280km/h, you should hit 293km/h as you let off the gas, down shifting to 5th mid apex, accelerating out at 244km/h, stay in 5th gear, brake fractionally after the concrete on the left hand side ends, that's the braking marker I use, down to 3rd gear at or just below 150km/h for the first left, then focus on good exit speed, as you exit the bust stop in 3rd gear as well, drift out wide (ish) for the last sweeper, full throttle to the finish, hitting the line at 296km/h, time submitted.

Last edited:

EDK
Thanks Kenny. One bit of clarification, I've stated that your run can be done while online this week.
Opps, I missed that bit.
Time to read them again.
as you exit the bust stop in 3rd gear as well, drift out wide (ish) for the last sweeper, full throttle to the finish, hitting the line at 296km/h, time submitted.

Thanks for the run through.
I knew turns 3 and 4 could be flat out.
Bet I still won't be able to do it though.

I shift just before the red light for each gear. Edit:

Quick run-through: Cross line at 256km/h, shift to 6th gear at 280km/h, you should hit 293km/h as you let off the gas, down shifting to 5th mid apex, accelerating out at 244km/h, stay in 5th gear, brake fractionally after the concrete on the left hand side ends, that's the braking marker I use, down to 3rd gear at or just below 150km/h for the first left, then focus on good exit speed, as you exit the bust stop in 3rd gear as well, drift out wide (ish) for the last sweeper, full throttle to the finish, hitting the line at 296km/h, time submitted.

Nice explanation Dan, thanks for it 👍 Now to pull it off :lol: Will take a few attempts to get it right.

Hmm this is interesting... very interesting.

I see the inclusion of the bus-stop at Suzuka has started a trend XD

I might give this a try if I have time.

This is a lot of fun, and the inclusion of half the bus stop puts a nice tricky little spin (literally) on the Daytona oval. I like it!!! 👍

Thanks to Dan for a great description of how to get that perfect lap, helped me greatly :cheers:

Managed a very wobbly fastest lap of,

Last edited:
I run in mph so I just convert the kmh in your write up to mph. Useful for anybody else that uses mph.
Quick run-through: Cross line at 159m/h, shift to 6th gear at 174m/h, you should hit 182m/h as you let off the gas, down shifting to 5th mid apex, accelerating out at 151m/h, stay in 5th gear, brake fractionally after the concrete on the left hand side ends, that's the braking marker I use, down to 3rd gear at or just below 93m/h for the first left, then focus on good exit speed, as you exit the bust stop in 3rd gear as well, drift out wide (ish) for the last sweeper, full throttle to the finish, hitting the line at 184m/h, time submitted.

I usually get through that corner at 154mph(ish), I'm losing a lot of time at the bus stop though.

First attempt:

0'59.683

Man this takes a TON of patience - and I have to say that these last 2 events have really made me think about moving away from the driving line - here its rather easy because there's really on 2 spots on the track you need to remember - how does one remember all the braking markers at "The Ring"? :)

This is my first WRS, and all I gotta say is, awesome. I love the chicane and it is something I never knew existed.

First attempt:

0'59.683

Man this takes a TON of patience - and I have to say that these last 2 events have really made me think about moving away from the driving line - here its rather easy because there's really on 2 spots on the track you need to remember - how does one remember all the braking markers at "The Ring"? :)

:lol: Easy, don't brake. :scared:

Phillip.

And whats this .004 :grumpy:

Nice explanation Dan, thanks for it 👍 Now to pull it off :lol: Will take a few attempts to get it right.

Good luck:tup:, splits from memory for my second lap were xx.453 (seen .405) and a xx.410 at T2 (apologies for split incompletness), very happy with the last lap of 58.756 as my first lap was just 0.001 off my lap 1 PB after some 3 hours at it:tup:

[/off-topic]Tonight I had a brainwave about this. How cool would it be if, in GT5, one could put a cone at any place at the track as a brake marker? Animation with it with the driver getting out of the car etc. would obviously be the coolest but just a gimmick ...

:cool: :cool: :cool:

[/off-topic]Tonight I had a brainwave about this. How cool would it be if, in GT5, one could put a cone at any place at the track as a brake marker? Animation with it with the driver getting out of the car etc. would obviously be the coolest but just a gimmick ...

:cool: :cool: :cool:

With damage, an online race, and a really stupid driver, you could watch as your car plows through the driver carrying the cone, side swipes his car, and goes spinning into the sand at turn 1 of Suzuka! :lol:

Or, you might run into some really evil drivers who stop, get out, and move your cone!!!!

And whats this .004 :grumpy:

I'll see if I can't make that number a little bigger for you tonight Phil. :sly: Though I'm sure you'll pass me today before I get the chance.

Everytime i think im doing huge improovements i realise im on s2 tires:( Done that a few times now:(
Currently fastest lap 1,00.343. Find it pretty hard to get the "bus stop" right.

WOW, I'm amazed at what you guys can come up with in terms of variety. Here is my 1st effort in WRS with many more to come.

1'00.044

0'59.850

Last edited:
I run in mph so I just convert the kmh in your write up to mph. Useful for anybody else that uses mph.

I usually get through that corner at 154mph(ish), I'm losing a lot of time at the bus stop though.

Thanks for the convert, woah, 93 in to the bus stop? That's pretty quick.

Nice combo, takes a while to get used to, but quite interesting/fun, when you get in to it.

Thanks for the convert, woah, 93 in to the bus stop? That's pretty quick.

Nice combo, takes a while to get used to, but quite interesting/fun, when you get in to it.

No prob.

I enter the bus stop doing 88mph or so...

Just ran for an hour, been getting consistently faster first laps but somehow messing up the 2nd lap...and it's getting to the stage where I feel like taking out my frustration on my wheel so I calling it quits for tonight

New Split
1'00.338

a mere difference, haven't total any of my laps as yet.

Last edited:
Quite a frustrating evening - only beat my first lap one time by a little over a tenth and then tanked the chicane on lap two. Never beat my second lap time at all tonight. Gonna be a long week I fear.

Back