GTP_WRS Week 67 : NASCAR WRS Style

• Thread starter EDK
  • 102 comments
I gave it a quick go yesterday after I collected enough money to buy the car, but damn this is difficult. The explanation from Dan is great, but the busstop still is very challenging.

My times (that i did get a clean lap) really suck and I haven't got a decent 2 lapper yet. But i'll try again tonight :)

Quite a frustrating evening - only beat my first lap one time by a little over a tenth and then tanked the chicane on lap two. Never beat my second lap time at all tonight. Gonna be a long week I fear.

Frustrating is the word Lin, almost had my .004 2 tenth up coming off the curve at the timing point before the bus-stop and, the darn phone went. :grumpy: mother wants me to play taxi driver bless her.

But then I would have only lost it in the chicane :scared:

Phillip.

Your .004? At the line for your fastest lap? i.e, Animera speed? Holy smokes batman.

Your .004? At the line for your fastest lap? i.e, Animera speed? Holy smokes batman.

No, he means the .004 that I have him by on the leaderboard - if he had a 59.004 lap I would expect his phone to be in tiny little pieces right now. :lol:

It’s no funny, it’s serious :grumpy:

I tend to take it serious (sometimes) aswell so I have to ask you not hate me for what follows.

Firts session results:

MadMax

Last edited:
You really should get a wheel, Max. Very impressive.

I tend to take it serious (sometimes) aswell so I have to ask you not hate me for what follows.

Firts session results:

MadMax

Hate you no, but I’m coming round to unplug your electrics, make me want to get my Sixaxis out again.

Phillip. 👍

59.439 (I know it's pittance)

This is driving me insane. I reckon my skills will run out at about a .3.

It should be noted that people need to be really careful on the exit of the bus stop, that bit of rumble strip is very short and doesn't finish where you think it might.

Edit: Really happy with my first lap on my best time now. I had to double check what lap I was on.

Thanks to Dan for his run through, other than that, best piece of advice I can think of are two things.

1) Be patient with the car.
2) Be very smooth with your steering. Makes Max's lap even more remarkable.

Last edited:
New fastest lap,

First lap was pretty awful, took the entry to the bus stop way too slowly, and got quite a bit of a wobble while trying to make up for my tardy entry on the exit, which lost me a couple of tenths on my second lap!

59.439 (I know it's pittance)

This is driving me insane. I reckon my skills will run out at about a .3.

It should be noted that people need to be really careful on the exit of the bus stop, that bit of rumble strip is very short and doesn't finish where you think it might.

Edit: Really happy with my first lap on my best time now. I had to double check what lap I was on.

Thanks to Dan for his run through, other than that, best piece of advice I can think of are two things.

1) Be patient with the car.
2) Be very smooth with your steering. Makes Max's lap even more remarkable.

I know just what you mean about the yellow curbs Sureboss, I always seem to be late turning in so miss the first and the second curb, that puts me wide in the middle of the chicane and only just manage to catch the last one with my inside wheels.

Maybe if I work more on that part I might get a better exit and make up one or two tenths down to the finish line, I'm about 180mph ish over the line.

Phillip.

Yeah, focus on the exit, but you can't lose too much in the first chicane. It's very hard to get it consisent, I just did a .305, but my first lap is about .3 slower than my best 1st lap. I did swear. Oh and this engine sounds beautiful in surround sound.

First splits, The 'Vette is a unit :lol:

Not only is the Vette a unit , I am too* shakes head* S2's

Edit2: Ok I realized my mistake, after watching a replay, I returned and failed to fit the correct tyres again.

I've been 0.15 faster only for a single lap though.
Hopefully I find somemore time for this.

Last edited:
Noticed something when i was watching over one of my replayes. When i crossed the line i got the time x,xx.x00 and the best/lates lap shows both x,xx.x15. Same goes for my last lap. x,xx.x18 and best last lap/last lap shows x,xx.x30. Anyone else noticed this? Checked a few more replays and all of them show the time that pops up when crossing the line to be about ,015 faster then the one showing up on the best time in the corner.

@ olebob,we are aware of these time differences.

Some info from the first post of this thread:

Race Specifics:

This week we have a 2 Lapper in Online Arcade Mode Time-Trail, consistency will be key.

• -1- Run 2 laps in Time Trail
  • -2- Exit the run when going in the 3rd lap
  • -3- Save your replay
  • -4- Watch your replay at "My Page" and write down the final time.
  • -5- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2
  • -6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner, best and last laptime.

I had not much time this week for this combo, my best lap is still over the minute so I hope to get some more time today or tomorrow evening.

In my first ten laps yesterday I went sistematically straight at the chicane, I can't still find the right braking point... very tough.

Missing the chicane was a big problem ( certainly for a rusty old man like me) when I tested taking the chicane a year ago when someone suggested the existence of it.

When seeing this weeks race it might be an idea to have a run with a faster car.

Save that lap.

Load the ghostlap when taking the corvette.
Now you can see infront of you where the car hits the chicane.
Remember,it is just a thought,I did not test it but it might take out some frustration because of missing the entrance.

I had not much time this week for this combo, my best lap is still over the minute so I hope to get some more time today or tomorrow evening.

In my first ten laps yesterday I went sistematically straight at the chicane, I can't still find the right braking point... very tough.

Dan Holland gave a nice walkthrough here (I even changed to use km/hr for this one :) ). The best brake point is just beyond the end of the concrete section on the left hand side. I stay wide against the wall, brake and downshift to 4th, then slowly turn in and downshift again to 3rd just before those yellow rumble strips.

I had some very good success last night - having the Div 3 guys ahead of me on the leaderboard has given me the push I needed to keep going on this one this week or I would have given up long ago. I'll probably give it 1 more go tonight and another 1 on Monday (holiday here in the U.S. - President's Day) to see if I can reel in some of you speed demons.

Submitted with the above fastest lap. Got frustrated with this in the end. Where's that swearing emoticon?

Submitted with the fast lap on the board i had a faster fast lap in some of my practice runs but could not recreate it in the 2 laper, gonna be out of the house tomorrow so im out of time for this one

This is insane :scared::lol: ... and I think one of those combos that (for me) take time to get into which I don't have.

Best lap in my hour I had to destroy the max amount of beautiful classics:

1'00.535

and I think I will have to submit with that :banghead::P

Getting a littlebit frustrated with that little grass bit after the last rumble strip:( everytime i get a decent 2 lapper, one of the laps that tiny grass bit makes it dirty:(

Getting a littlebit frustrated with that little grass bit after the last rumble strip:( everytime i get a decent 2 lapper, one of the laps that tiny grass bit makes it dirty:(

Just keep the off side on the tarmac

Latest Posts

Back