GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
@ Medigo, well if you do get some other models post up some pictures - but take them out of the box first so we can actually appreciate the model and not the package ;)

@Venom, I'm not a fan of US cars but yeah that Camaro looks really nice.

@ Photon - yeah I was in the Swiss Alps this fall where I took this picture and it had just stopped raining. :D

My 1/43 supercars :)

8276947443_ba0845f93a_n.jpg

^ Excellent: Exoto, CMC, AutoArt, Kyosho, Spark, BBR, Minichamps, Hotwheels Super Elite & Hotwheels Elite.

You pay for quality :sly:

Thanks!

When it says "With sealed body shell", does this mean you cannot open door panels, etc.? And do these models therefore display less quality and detail than other models by the same manufacturer would?

Because it seems prices seem to vary a lot. And I've just found some AutoART models very reasonably priced, and I wouldn't mind an Aston Martin DBR9. Would be nice if there would be doors or panels to open up to view the detail inside like on my UT Models 911 GT2.

Went to Costco today, Saw a palette of 1:18 Maisto cars, but nothing really stood out for me. there were a few Camaro's, Jeep Cherokee, Corvette 2008 and a few others mainly just duplicates. There was a Roush Mustang, but it was a convertible, otherwise i would have snapped it up. Might go again after they restock.

By the way with Maisto, how are rated on quality of detailing? Some seemed pretty neat and tidy, but quite a few had a few defects, wonky badges, chips on paintwork, or is this the norm with Maisto?

Thanks!

When it says "With sealed body shell", does this mean you cannot open door panels, etc.? And do these models therefore display less quality and detail than other models by the same manufacturer would?

Because it seems prices seem to vary a lot. And I've just found some AutoART models very reasonably priced, and I wouldn't mind an Aston Martin DBR9. Would be nice if there would be doors or panels to open up to view the detail inside like on my UT Models 911 GT2.

Solido for the dbr9

By the way with Maisto, how are rated on quality of detailing? Some seemed pretty neat and tidy, but quite a few had a few defects, wonky badges, chips on paintwork, or is this the norm with Maisto?

I once had a Maisto 1:18 Audi R8 (2001 Le Mans winner I think). It was a very nice model until my little brother found it when he was a little kid and dropped it, shattering the rear wing :(

lol, yes they are for dusting my models.

Aha. I thought for a moment that your cars were taking over the GF's/wife's cosmetic counter. :sly:
I have a range of brushes, too, that I use for cleaning - and those large, soft, fluffy powder-blush (or is it blush-powder :dunce:) brushes are perfect for cleaning without scratching those precious surfaces. :dopey: I also have the stiffer hog-hair brushes for getting into tight spots. One problem is when dust gets right into the car - and that is then a job for a can of compressed air.
Washing these cars - unlike rinsing 1:64s under running tap-water is of course sacrilege.

@ Photon - yeah I was in the Swiss Alps this fall where I took this picture and it had just stopped raining. :D

:lol: :cheers: Good one. Yeah, that photography of yours does bring the dead to life. Awesome work.

@ Medigo, well if you do get some other models post up some pictures - but take them out of the box first so we can actually appreciate the model and not the package ;)

Haha - mayhaps we have to teach him that the cars in here (unlike the expensive investments touted in the 1:64 thread :sly:) are meant to be savoured more closely than through cellophane.

Went to the flea market and bought these. The Subaru XT is a plastic model though...that was already put together. That was for just $3. While this 1:24 scale Lexus LS400 was $7. Thought I'd get a representation of a car I was about to purchase...and strip apart.
IMG_0656_zps321472b7.jpg

RCKakashi14
My 1/43 supercars :)

That 918 Spyder!!! :eek:

And is that a 911 Turbo 930 in that magenta paintjob in the back or is it........a RUF BTR?! :eek:

mp10
Went to Costco today, Saw a palette of 1:18 Maisto cars, but nothing really stood out for me. there were a few Camaro's, Jeep Cherokee, Corvette 2008 and a few others mainly just duplicates. There was a Roush Mustang, but it was a convertible, otherwise i would have snapped it up. Might go again after they restock.

I have several Maisto cars in my model collection and I have to say they are impressive cars with their details when comparing them to the RL cars and trucks, even though AutoArt and the other high end scale makers are the best in quality. But I give Maisto props with their models, even Hot Wheels Elite model cars as well being a great entry level to 1:24-1:18 car collections and for a cheaper price.

And look out for the Premium Editions of Maistos. They are pricey (around $40-60) but their details on some of their selected cars are nice, but I seen them before, but they are rare and I still don't have one of this edition yet!

RCKakashi14
From a Porsche showroom in HK.

I'm....... Speechless.......

I found a model of the 2013 Viper GTS from Maisto today at Walgreens and I got it. The 1:24 GTS is sweet, even though I'm looking for the 1:18 one though.. Loving it even more when I saw them on the Maisto website and one in a store long ago. :D

Ive got both the black and red 2013 Vipers from Maisto. I posted some pics of them a few pages back. They are staying in their boxes for now as I have nowhere to display them.

Same here Ben, now I'm looking into the 1:18s again, mostly the Maistos (later my AutoArt friends). Feels good going back to the larger model scales! Even if they are 1:24s.

But I need the space myself. My bedroom can't hold the older ones and newer ones I'll get later, and combine the HW and MB collection, it will be the scale 405 highway in LA or a crowded Nurburgring! :lol:

So I'll buy them slowly..... Or if I see one that I like.

A 930/964 RSR...... I thought it was a RUF for a minute! :eek:👍 :drool:👍

That's classy and classic all over. Love it, it's a Kyosho right?

A 930/964 RSR...... I thought it was a RUF for a minute! :eek:👍 :drool:👍

That's classy and classic all over. Love it, it's a Kyosho right?

It's made by High Speed, and it costs a FRACTION of a Kyosho's price.

Here's my Minichamps 1:43 Porsche 918 Spyder (Dealer Edition)

8280871636_c2222b67c8_c.jpg

8279814665_4f36d16c0c_c.jpg

8280872024_8120ccdebd_c.jpg

And my Spark 1:43 Gemballa MIG-U1:

8280871328_87e75928a9_c.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on the Maisto cars, when i get some time I'll head back to Costco to see if they've restocked. 👍

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is meant by a dealer edition.

Nice pictures of the 918 Spyder.

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is meant by a dealer edition.

Nice pictures of the 918 Spyder.

Minichamps usually makes 2 types of 1/43s (mostly for Porsches). These are the regular (the one in a black box) and the Dealer Edition (in a silver box with the car's model name in Porsche's font). The latter can be bought in any Porsche showroom around the world (you can even place an order for that in case they don't have it) and believe it or not, it's cheaper than the regular version.

Woah, that Aston looks fantastic! :drool:

I was scouting ebay for some GT-One models as I desire this model more than any other model. They all look so good, even if they are 1/43 models. I'd probably buy one in a heartbeat if this country's toll rates weren't so darn ridiculously high :(

*EDIT* Looking at this model. So if I'd get it right, the model is 45 USD, shipping it to Norway costs me 36 USD, then Norway wants 25% of this to bring it into the country, and then I have to pay additional charges to get it shipped from the border to my place.

I'm trying to justify all that for a 1/43 scale model :(

*EDIT* I've just had a crisis :drool:

Last edited:
Back