GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Man this thread has exploded recently. That gullwing Merc is amazing. My wife was like "go to hell that's a scale model".

Well thank you, I'll take credit for the photographs - not the amazing quality of the car. It's quite tricky to get those details
right but I think these give a better impression of the car than what I've found on several model car shops including CMC's own website.

Now here's something that I found surprising - have had this Nissan for quite a while but only when I recently photographed it did I spot the mistake they made.

1:43 Kyosho Nissan GT-R Spec V (2009)

ScaleModels-0275.jpg

ScaleModels-0276.jpg

ScaleModels-0277.jpg

ScaleModels-0278.jpg

Last edited:
Bram Turismo
You guys seen the Alfa Romeo 155 DTM that's coming out from AutoART soon yet? It looks absolutely breathtakingly detailed.

Yep maybe I should buy it!

It would go nice with my collection

Yes. *sigh I'm quite fed up with hungering after every single car that AMG has. Plus the photography doesn't help to avert envy, either.

I've got a bunch of motorbikes I'm trying to photograph right now . . . 1:43s and 1:24s . . . anybody got any 'bikes recently? Makers?

I used to build Tamiya's 1:6 motorbikes back in the 80's. Their quality was beyond belief and I don't think they make them anymore. Don't have them anymore though. Just a couple of crappy pics to remember them by.

Minichamps 1:43 Lexus LFA:
Nice!

Hmm, it's still on pre-order status on AutoART's website.
Like Holden mentioned, I too have seen several shops that are selling them already.

Plus the photography doesn't help to avert envy, either.

Sorry about that, :D but I did mention I would be photographing my scale models over these days. Have no commitments over Xmas, I don't celebrate it so spending the time to make those pics. Want to see your results though.

Anyone spotted something wrong with the Nissan or is it just me that found it unusual and everyone else already knew about it.

The tires look weird, the brakes are supposed to be non-metal look (carbon-ceramics on the real car) and the front bumper seems abit too high.
And the "GT" logo on one side looks reversed.

And the "GT" logo on one side looks reversed.
Yep, I don't know about the other stuff, I'm not in to it that much.

I browsed google too and they all have the 'reverse' GT logo. I was hoping it was only mine so I could flog it for an insane amount of money. Just yesterday I saw a near triple price for a model, only because of a 1 letter typo on the baseplate.

Yep, I don't know about the other stuff, I'm not in to it that much.

I browsed google too and they all have the 'reverse' GT logo. I was hoping it was only mine so I could flog it for an insane amount of money. Just yesterday I saw a near triple price for a model, only because of a 1 letter typo on the baseplate.
Did he manage to sell it? Thats insanity.

MB SSK L It's yours for just Eur 698 excl shipping. :sly:

Wow, that's quite a price. :scared:

Have been spending though, Christmas haulage in! (photo-bomb warning) :P

8307181126_bc78aeb056_z.jpg

8283217565_54b26c51f6_z.jpg

Biante's 1/43's have a really nice interior, photo does not do justice.

8283215579_7dbcb33c73_z.jpg

Two Corvette GT1 cars, a Lemans winner and a podium privateer. At $160US for both it's a real bargain!
Same guy I bought the Viper and DB9 from.

8306150943_a85f8e5f3c_z.jpg

8306147585_f33222ae8d_z.jpg

Weirdly the sealed model has great interior detail. More so than the open model. Well it was newer I guess (and pricier).:P

8306146767_6b376919d0_z.jpg

8306145249_600d907d33_z.jpg

Just a small update on the model cars(1984 Ferrari F40 and 1954 Mercedes Beenz 300CL) I bought for my nephew. He opened them on Christmas day and he loves them. Even more than than the figures of Sesame Street and Dr. Seuss characters. He was going opening the parts on the cars for a good 10 minutes :D

model570h.jpg

model57023.jpg

I have been trying to buy an orange BBurago Aventador. The problem is that BBurago released two of these models, the original in 2011(Stage Left) and an updated models with tweaks improvements. See drilled brake rotors and calipers(Stage Right). The problem is for the orange model all the sellers on all the diecast sites and ebay either don't show a clear picture with an angle thats lets me see whether or not there are brake calipers indicating the updated model. How do i know which one it is? Shipping charges are ludicrous so I don't want to have to return anything.

I really need to start taking outside pics again...
Was looking through the pics I had uploaded, so I shall randomly post an older pic:
Panoz_Esperante_GTR-1_Road-06.jpg

Here's a list of my current cars.
1. 1/24 ERTL faf honda civic
2. 1/32 JADA corvette zo6 yellow
3. 1/18 Muscle machines honda nsx custom blue with black decals
4. 1/18 JADA cadilac esclade chrome edition
5. 1/18 pontiac trans am pace car edition
6. 1/32 red 2003 mustang mach 1
7. 1/24 JADA shelby gt500 kr black
8. 1/18 hotwheels ferrari FXX black
9. 1/18 JADA dodge magnum custom
10. 1/18 JADA nissan gtr r32
11. 1/24 custom dodge ram 1500
12. 1/18 maisto porsche cayman blue
13. 1/24 motor max pagani zonda c12 blue
14. 1/18 motormax 1961 corvette mako shark
15. 1/18 motormax volkswagen W12 nardo black
16. 1/18 motormax lamborghini diablo gt grey
17. 1/18 maisto playerz lamborghini gallardo black
18. 1/18 maisto lamborghini murcielago lp640 yellow
19. 1/18 maisto ferrari f50 red
20. 1/25 maisto jaguar xk 180 green
21. 1/24 mercedes 300sl blue
22. 1/24 jada nissan 350z blue
23. 1/24 motormax saleen s7 black
sory for the long post.

Last edited:
The 1:43s I bought here in HK:

J-Collection 1:43 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package:

http://instagr.am/p/TszH_TmImd/

Tomica Limited S Porsche 934 Turbo:

http://instagr.am/p/TswT44mIlJ/

Your LFA looks cleaner than mine. How's the quality of the paint job? That's the main downside of mine, around the gaps (for instance round the filler cap) it's not than good.

You being in HK comes really handy I guess ;) My dealer usually stocks quite a few Asian (race) models too, but I wish SuperGT models were easier obtainable. There's always eBay but I'd prefer not taking the risk of customs (models being withheld due to occasional trademark infringement concerns).

Two Corvette GT1 cars, a Lemans winner and a podium privateer...............

8306145249_600d907d33_z.jpg

Like this picture. Want to get into that car. :)

I used to build Tamiya's 1:6 motorbikes back in the 80's. Their quality was beyond belief and I don't think they make them anymore. Don't have them anymore though. Just a couple of crappy pics to remember them by.

You let us judge the level of crappiness, okay? :sly: Even crappy pics from you will be welcome - for me - esp the bikes!

Have no commitments over Xmas, I don't celebrate it so spending the time to make those pics. Want to see your results though.

Well, I think it's also a traditional time that we take stock of our lives, and pause to celebrate it, a holiday from the role-playing, and hard work that goes into surviving. We get to do what we want to to for a change instead of what we have to do, and this way we find our real selves, the one that doesn't pander to anybody but ourselves. I can see from your posts that you are relaxed and enjoying yourself immensely - and to me that is a celebration of AMG, that I'm enjoying myself.
A rosebowl of Egberts' Amphora will only heighten the pleasure for me - but I'm trying to abstain :lol:

Say what? You want me to go take pics of my 'bikes? Damn. Sounds like a moderator's order. Alright, alright, I'm working on it. :scared:

Back, soon, guys - this thread is rolling!

@ johnsom - nice pics but why cut off the wheels. Intentional?

You let us judge the level of crappiness, okay? :sly: Even crappy pics from you will be welcome - for me - esp the bikes!
I have a reputation to keep up wrt photography.
But I'll make an exception just for you. Please don't share these with others on the forum. :D
Tamiya Scale 1:12 Kawasaki ZZR 1400.

ScaleModels-0317.jpg

ScaleModels-0316.jpg

Photographed recently and built approx 3 years ago when I thought I could pick up this hobby again. Alas my eyes are not as good as they used to be so I decided to not pursue this old hobby.

Now for 31 - 37 year old pictures.

Tamiya 1:? Honda Goldwing

NEG31_01.jpg

Tamiya 1:6 BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Yamaha

NEG31_12.jpg

NEG31_11.jpg

NEG14_01.jpg

Well, I think it's also a traditional time that we take stock of our lives, and pause to celebrate it, SNIP....
I meant to say I don't indulge in Xmas trees, food, booze etc. But I agree with what you mentioned.

Say what? You want me to go take pics of my 'bikes? Damn. Sounds like a moderator's order.

You mentioned you were in the process of doing that, I never asked you to do so :sly:. And I'm still waiting to see them.

Last edited:
:drool: That Kawasaki ZX-14 (I think it is)!. Might have to look into Tamiya if they're selling the good stuff, do you know what other manufacturers there are in the lines of motorbikes?

To be honest I have no idea (anymore). I always stuck with Tamiya kits as I found these to be the best quality. I think you need to check on other brands or browse a model building forum and check their Motorbike section. Those are usually the better informed people as they're still in to it.

It's a ZZR 1400.

Back