GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Yep, I don't know about the other stuff, I'm not in to it that much.

I browsed google too and they all have the 'reverse' GT logo.
It's just something they do as the design looks better reversed when it is on the other side of the car.

Note the C-West Silvia has the logo reversed too.

nissan-c-west-razo-silvia-jgtc-01.jpg

@ johnsom - nice pics but why cut off the wheels. Intentional?

Hi AMG,

Thanks! I used an old point and shoot and i thought there would be a field of view crop while taking photos through the lcd. I left an allowance for the crop but to my surprise it came out just how i framed it.

Some story, i used to own a dslr with a 95% crop through the viewfinder and everytime i take photos there was always extra space on the sides. I hate doing post processing work(no patience at all), even cropping, so i try to frame my subject properly from the get go. I always wish to have a full frame camera. Due to money constraints, i can't even own a crop camera nowadays.

HK is one of the best places in the world to buy scale models.

My LFA Nur is just fine...

Then it's the dealer probably. Was the second model I received from him that was not quite up to standard. Well I guess I stick to ck models exclusively from now on.

If I were in HK I'd be broke constantly ;)

I know AutoART makes 1:18 Nissan R390 GT1 '97 models. But does anyone know if there's a manufacturer making the '98 model (blue Calsonic livery) in 1:18 scale?

Was considering a 1:43 by Kyosho earlier, it seems there is no 1:18 version of it :(

I have so many 1998-1999 models I need to collect. The Porsche 911 GT1 models, as well as the GT1 coupes, the CLK-GTR, the GT-One models, the BMW V12 LMR, the Audi R8R and R8C, and many more within the GTS class.

Long way to go!

I'll probably get some models by Maisto as every single model doesn't necessarily need to be highest quality. But my main goal is to collect as many prototypes as I can from 96-97 and onwards from Le Mans.

I am absolutely gutted a 1:18 scale version of the Mercedes CLR does not exist, though. The Toyota GT-One and Mercedes CLR are probably my all-time favourite Le Mans racers :(

I just posted this in the Hotwheels thread, but because some of you may not frequent that thread I thought I would post it here too.

(Only available in Brazil, keep an eye on eBay)

Limited to 2,000 pieces.

30-03596.jpg

To be honest I have no idea (anymore). I always stuck with Tamiya kits as I found these to be the best quality. I think you need to check on other brands or browse a model building forum and check their Motorbike section. Those are usually the better informed people as they're still in to it.

:cheers: I think I might go for some Tamiya kits though, I do need to get better at kits, and I like the look of a Ducati 916, or a Kawasaki Ninja race bike. Once I have money to spend I'll be going for one of these unless something else comes up.

It's a ZZR 1400.

Some small google search later and it turns out that the ZX-14 and ZZR 1400 are the same bike, it's ZX-14 in North America, ZZR 1400 everywhere else.

Then it's the dealer probably. Was the second model I received from him that was not quite up to standard. Well I guess I stick to ck models exclusively from now on.

If I were in HK I'd be broke constantly ;)

In HK, the good stores to buy scale models are found in "hole-in-the-walls", so you really have to do research.

Hung Hing Toys in Wan Chai is a small store, in fact it gets cramped everyday. It's very well known internationally.

Newace store has plethora of 1/43 ranging from Kyosho to MR models and that store will really make you a broke person once you head out. They are all expensive, especially the resin ones!

I just posted this in the Hotwheels thread, but because some of you may not frequent that thread I thought I would post it here too.

Limited to 2,000 pieces.

Stunning :embarrassed:, but where is the Willians?
Anyway, very nice piece sir!

Greetings!

I think Maisto are pretty decent models for their price. Currently the only affordable BMW V12 LMR I can find for sale at this moment is made by Maisto, and it looks pretty good.

I was checking out a Welly made Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the boot lid looked horrific. The boot lid line wasn't straight at all and the taillights looked awful as well.

I agree - I am constantly surprised at the quality that Maisto gives for the money spent. In fact I must confess that my shabby heap of larger models are mostly Maistos. However - I have Bburagos, too, and they seem to just a notch above in quality - price taken into consideration of course.
Never seen Wellys, but I'm assuming here that they would be in the same quality range as Bburago - not sure about that, though, and won't be - till I have all three manufacturers before me to compare.

@ johnsom - nice pics but why cut off the wheels. Intentional?

This was my thought, too. This means that johnsom had better go take lots of pics again. You hear, johnsom? An excuse to mess around with camera and models.

Now for 31 - 37 year old pictures.

Tamiya 1:? Honda Goldwing

I just got frikking goosebumps remembering that bike. Oh! to thrash it again down a winding country road.. . . . :drool:

I meant to say I don't indulge in Xmas trees, food, booze etc. But I agree with what you mentioned.

:) Glad you got it. 👍

You mentioned you were in the process of doing that, I never asked you to do so :sly:. And I'm still waiting to see them.

Well, I was only yanking your chain - :lol: - I know I promised that (me, and my big mouth) but I didn't expect to be put on the rack and the screw turned!
As well - you don't need that Sector 7 Badge to have my agreement - you already command sufficient respect for that from my impression of your wonderful knowledge, impeccable manners, and of course, the adorable cheetah by your side. ;)
In any case - the thumb screws having being applied over here on the busy castaway that I am - I took one of my bikes out to play - and since the kids were out balling in the suddenly knee-deep snow that fell over the last two days, took the chance to occasionally sneak a shot between being peppered by chunks of snow.

IMG_0193_zps50cb3340.jpg

I have several open 'bikes - and will schedule a proper shoot soon. I also have some bike shots taken from before - but for the life of me can't seem to locate where they are in the giant runaway blob that is my photo library.
I prefer of course to see the real models, owned, opened, and touchable.
eBay links of thousand of boxed models are not my thing - and I guess if I need to see what was out there - I wouldn't need to come to this thread; I would be out there. I like this thread for the reason that we tend to predominantly show models that we really collect and possess, and not what is potentially available, since that would make it more of an advertising catalog. Heads-up news is always welcome, though - as for instance about the Alfa 155 (definitely news for anyone playing GT5 as well as collecting models).
Back some time soon, as the kids are not home on holidays always, and I tend to prioritize my time with them. :) 👍

AMG.

Nice C9 👍. This Group C monster is a must for anyone collecting LeMans and endurance racing cars of every era! Need to get this one day. :)👍

R1600Turbo

Limited to 2,000 pieces.

:eek:👍

If I had the money for this set and some LMPs. I'll be all over this like a fat kid on cake and ice cream!! :embarrassed:

This is a excellent tribute to Senna. 👍

RCKakashi14
In HK, the good stores to buy scale models are found in "hole-in-the-walls", so you really have to do research.

Hung Hing Toys in Wan Chai is a small store, in fact it gets cramped everyday. It's very well known internationally.

Newace store has plethora of 1/43 ranging from Kyosho to MR models and that store will really make you a broke person once you head out. They are all expensive, especially the resin ones!

Sweet VTEC!!! :eek:👍

First Tokyo with their shops full of model and RC cars and now Hong Kong..... Now I really need to hit the lottery, get my winnings and visit these cities. With almost every car, truck and bike scale cars in the stores, I'll be broke ASAP!

Including a 1:1 RL scale of a Skyline GTR V-Spec R34 as well. :D

it's ZX-14 in North America, ZZR 1400 everywhere else.
Yeah, I forgot that the USA have their own naming convention for just about everything :D. I always struggle with the model names for (lower end) Canon cameras.

have some bike shots taken from before - but for the life of me can't seem to locate where they are in the giant runaway blob that is my photo library.
Adobe LIGHTROOM!!!!!

Nice C9 👍.
Lovely cars AMG.
Thanks guys! More car pics to come later.

Edit: that CLA is fast considering the real car is not (yet) on the market. I thought model makers were always 'behind'.

One of these days I should really visit HK again. At the time it didn't cross my mind to look for car models there.

Last edited:
Both my model purchases are on their way right now. The model from Germany should be at the Norwegian border very soon, and the other one has been dispatched from the USA today 👍

Yes they are, unfortunately.

I think I'd be most happy with Spark ones, and subsequently Ebbro and Fujimi as I believe Spark does a lot of models for the latter brands. Their detailing and overall execution is breathtaking. I'm not too fond of some of the Minichamps models, as I feel they are seriously overpriced for the quality delivered. Though this depends on the specific model it seems.

If one doesn't happen to be a Porsche collector, there's a far greater selection of race livery cars made by Fujimi and Ebbro. I mean, those Super GT liveries are seriously cool, including the body kits.

I could kick myself, but I see me getting into collecting Japanese racing cars. Just ordered the Ebbro Aston Martin Vantage GT2 #66 GT300 2011 (pic courtesy of Ebbro.net)
44557.jpg

and one could probably add 75% of this page http://ebbro.net/series/super-gt/.

They do pop up occasionally in German webstores, and sometimes at very good rates.

Congrats then, those are superb looking models! 👍

Thank you! :D

I could kick myself, but I see me getting into collecting Japanese racing cars. Just ordered the Ebbro Aston Martin Vantage GT2 #66 GT300 2011 (pic courtesy of Ebbro.net)
44557.jpg

and one could probably add 75% of this page http://ebbro.net/series/super-gt/.

They do pop up occasionally in German webstores, and sometimes at very good rates.

I was shocked to see it's all 1:43! I wish it was 1:18. Though, really nice cars with pretty liveries. I am collecting 1:43 Le Mans atm but a JGTC would be nice too..

Made some pics of the 935:

01-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

02-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

03-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

04-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

05-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

06-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

07-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

08-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

09-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

10-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

11-klein by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr