GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Finally completely my Mosquito collection now have all 4 1/32 Mosquito's.

Not sure how to interpret that....
a) only 4 different types of Mosquito's were ever built.
b) There are 4 different manufacturers making 1/32 Mosq's

Nice model-planes by the way!

My small GT5-Collection:
16615_1360334717_Minichamps.jpg

Oooh the Chaparral. Who makes that? I recall a brand doing several Chaparral cars but I don't remember which one. What scale, also?

Oooh the Chaparral. Who makes that? I recall a brand doing several Chaparral cars but I don't remember which one. What scale, also?

Exoto, Minichamps and Ixo is what I know.. RaceFace85's Chaparral looks to be the 2J No.66, CanAm Elford 1970, if I may believe Modellissimo.

A co-worker gave me this for my desk at work, it's an AutoArt Tommi Makinen Evo5 with Rally New Zealand livery on it. Thought it was pretty cool and it was a really nice gesture.

evo_zpsb4a5c488.jpg

👍

I have that, in 1:18, boxed up somewhere in my basement. One of about 3 models I'll never get rid of.

Might eventually consider getting rid of most of my racecar collection, mostly discontinued 1:18 AutoArts and Kyoshos. ;)

Just got hold of a HWE 458 Italia & the Ferrari logo on engine cover is unrepairably messed up. Been scouring evilbay for a replacement, looked at the Tremonia kits too but none of them have a logo. Tried Hiroboy too :(

Any suggestions where I can obtain this?

Just got hold of a HWE 458 Italia & the Ferrari logo on engine cover is unrepairably messed up. Been scouring evilbay for a replacement, looked at the Tremonia kits too but none of them have a logo. Tried Hiroboy too :(

Any suggestions where I can obtain this?
I think Hobbydesign might make 1/18 Ferrari badges. I know they make Lambo ones.
Anyway the HWE 458 is pretty sexy, I have the pearl white version :)
And my Aventador and Vantage V12 arrive today, pics as soon as they do :drool:

Some snaps of my second Lamborghini (1:18 AutoArt) minus the inside rearview mirror. Sent an email to the site who sold it to me and I would get a small discount on my next purchase, so I'll try and mend it myself.

s1501-jeremy-clarkson-hammer.jpg

img00583b.jpg

img0586rb.jpg

img0587bi.jpg

img0597hd.jpg

Might get better results when I can get some sunshine to help.

Have yet to buy an AA Lambo - ^ love the hinges! ^

@ Holden venom - thx, unfortunately they had none so I've found some decals on ebay and ordered the last set.

Have the 458 spider in white. Bought it for the interior colour - just amazing with the white body.

Last edited:
That sounds better, though it's still a lot of dough :lol:

Not really, considering the marksman ship. Street cars can be cheaper, though one can really see where all the money went. True most are made in China with cheap labour costs, but I assume licensing isn't based on size.

To me, 1:43 scale is perfect.

And both AUTOarts have arrived :drool:

100_5932s.jpg

100_5933s.jpg

Both are stunning, already among my favorite models :dopey:
Soon I must do a group shot of all of my Lambos. Maybe even do one with all of my supercars :sly:
Anyway I shall post more pics later.
Oh, and I have a 1/18 scale Ferrari F50 GT on pre-order that might be shipping soon. Apparently the model is out in Asia as of now. It is made by a joint venture between Fujimi and True Scale Miniatures, and I paid $204 plus shipping for it. I have always wanted a model of the F50 GT, and now I am sooo close to getting one :drool:

^ Corrected my earlier post. Mea culpa.

Niiiiiiice, both of them. Now hurrying off to find pics of a F50GT.

:0 awesome, how come?

Thanks!! yeah its awesome. Im pretty proud of it! I founded the Official GTR Owners club in the US over 6 years ago so thats sort of what I do for living. I helped Nissan on some GTR driving events this past year. thats where the helmet on the shelf came from. There were 3 events and i went to the first one. When Mizuno-San came to the 3rd the event he signed a few things and they sent me one of the Kyosho cars as a thank you. I also had a piece of the engine bay on my car signed

Last edited:
............ I founded the Official GTR Owners club in the US over 6 years ago so thats sort of what I do for living. I helped Nissan on some GTR driving events this past year. thats where the helmet on the shelf came from. There were 3 events and i went to the first one. When Mizuno-San came to the 3rd the event he signed a few things and they sent me one of the Kyosho cars as a thank you. I also had a piece of the engine bay on my car signed............

That's pretty cool memorabilia - especially when you are connected to it.

Some snaps of my second Lamborghini (1:18 AutoArt) minus the inside rearview mirror. ..................

Might get better results when I can get some sunshine to help.

Did you say 'snaps'? :lol: Long time since I spoke to someone who spoke English. ;)
I use Daylight a lot - it's my preferred lighting. However - my lifestyle rarely permits me time in the day to take my cars out for some sunshine, so most times I'm shooting my 'hobby' shots (snaps ;) ) I'll be working with artificial lighting - which of course plays hell with colour temp - so getting realistic colour (let alone 'realistic' detail) is not easy work. Daylight environments tend to help me more with the realism of light and shadow as perceived by us when in 'normal vision' mode; studio lighting of course is the way I go when shooting in display or 'layout' mode.
On a tangent, though, artificial lighting helps me in other, more creatively complex situations, such as Diorama shoots.

That Lambo is mine, BTW - not sure how it ended up in your hands. :ouch:

And both AUTOarts have arrived :drool:
..........................:drool:

:scared: Would you watch the drool on those cars, please? My keyboard is wet and I'm only looking at pictures.
Yes, definitely looking forward to the panorama shots.

Very nice detail on the Lambo - a bit more bokeh on the surroundings would be nice, IMO, but otherwise masterful shots.

As for the car . . . hold on while I wipe the saliva off the keys here . . .

To me, 1:43 scale is perfect.

For some reason I can't really wrap my head around the 1:18s. They're just too big for me. A little bigger and I would be tempted to climb into them. As it is, the ones I have got get their insides poked at with my fingers, steering, seats, pedals and all. The amazing detail in the 1:18s also boggles. You want to lock them up under glass because you're scared that something will break off or the paint gets chipped and so on. I feel more comfortable with the 1:24s. But like you, my favourite size has always been 1:43s - easy to handle, more robust in construction, easy to store, a lot more inexpensive (or should I say a lot less expensive :crazy: ) and as technology evolves constantly with the wealth of competition out there, the quality of craftsmanship is vigorously being honed to it's finest and we're getting the kind of quality in the smaller scales that we were taught to only expect from the bigger scales. So more great 1:43s are coming out, and I check them out (IRL - not via 'net) whenever I visit one of the many, many hobby/craft stores around Toronto - and it's pretty easy to put down a bundle - and also walk out with a boxload of cars.

Storage . . . storage . . . we need to keep this in mind.:sly:

Lately, however, I have begun to pick up more 1:32s . . . and having noticed this trend in me, I now have to watch myself when I go shopping. Many of my Diorama stages are for 1:43s and the 1:32s do look kind of strange sitting in them. :dunce:

Back