GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Yup, it's the white rims. Second thing is the headlights dont sit flush with the body.
Up close compared with the red 2011 car, it does irritate me.

I just ordered this two from Japan off of ebay.

$(KGrHqVHJEYFEMZeqq,IBRFfDLvQ!Q~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16dHJGQE9noMbUTYBRFgnMptWg~~60_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered two and ordered two:

Pre-orders:
True Scale Miniatures 1/18 McLaren F1 LM
28.jpg

(Image courtesy of ULF from the Scale18 message board)

True Scale Miniatures 1/18 Lotus 56 Turbine F1
tsm111804.jpg

Ordered these two:

AUTOart 1/18 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
74665.jpg

AUTOart 1/18 Aston Martin Vantage V12
70207.jpg

Looking good Venom. :)
I like the Vantage but personally I think I'd order a different colour as black hides a lot of details.

What the TSM brand like, apart from being pricey?

Awesome purchases Venom! :drool:

Stopped by Costco in Pennsylvania when I was visiting family, didn't find a single scale model there. :grumpy: Nothing new at my local Rite Aids, but did buy this...
IMG_0800_zpsf5503a6f.jpg

lol, thanks :)
Will get pics of both AUTOarts as soon as they arrive ;)

And the Lotus turbine will look GLORIOUS with my Lotus 56 Turbine Indy car :sly:

IndyS-00.jpg

Looking good Venom. :)
I like the Vantage but personally I think I'd order a different colour as black hides a lot of details.

What the TSM brand like, apart from being pricey?

Well, I only have one TSM, a 1/43 Gunnar-Porsche 966, which essentially is an open top Porsche 962 made to conform to IMSA rules of the early 1990's. Essentially it set the stage for the modern LMP. But the model itself is quite good, every bit as good as my 1/43 Sparks.
Their 1/18 offerings range from sealed resin like the 1/43's to opening diecast like the recent Porsche 936 release. From what I have seen on the internet, their diecast models look very good, especially for their price range ($150-$200 USD)

And Avantador and Vantage have shipped :drool:

Just visited a diecast exchange market, if that's the correct terminology, and saw a couple of TSM die casts. Indeed look good. First time ever I visited such a thing and it was jam packed with people and die casts. Some relatively good prices but when looking at e.g. AA signatures you REALLY need to bring lots of cash with you if you decide to buy 3-4 models.
I walked away with a HWE Ferrari 458 Spider in white. Was really tempted to fork out Eur 146 for the Stealth Mazda 787B too but I'm on the fence with the Stealth models.

Just visited a diecast exchange market, if that's the correct terminology, and saw a couple of TSM die casts. Indeed look good. First time ever I visited such a thing and it was jam packed with people and die casts. Some relatively good prices but when looking at e.g. AA signatures you REALLY need to bring lots of cash with you if you decide to buy 3-4 models.
I walked away with a HWE Ferrari 458 Spider in white. Was really tempted to fork out Eur 146 for the Stealth Mazda 787B too but I'm on the fence with the Stealth models.

Still a bummer I couldn't go..
The stealth car is meh, I would want the original 787B much more. The stealth versions aren't really 'real' either. So if that model was 60/70 Euros cheaper than what they ask in stores, how were the other models priced?

I believe some were cheaper than online but the 458 I bought I got for 70; he asked 75. Of course later you see the same car for 60 and on modelissimo 69.95 excl shopping. So what you really need to do is IF you have a "must have" list make note of web prices and then go shopping at the Xchange market. I do have the 55 Renown 787B (orange/green) but the visit was fun.
I did skip 90% of what they had as I was looking for CMC/AA/Kyo @1/18 scale mostly but it's phenomenal what is on sale there.

Entrance fee 5 (if not a NAMAC member)
Next date is 27 April - so let me know if you can make that one.

I just picked up an autoart 155V6ti for 140 euro's at the same market.
Looked like a nice price. 👍
Was about what i sold stuff for, so a sort of diecast exchange for me.:lol:

Last edited:
Atleast 3 times.:scared: The seller right across me had a lot of nice autoart/cmc model cars for sale. And i wasn't planning on buying anything. But when his DTM alfa romeo autoarts went from 3 to the last one, i had to buy the last one. Probably would regret it later if i didn't. I somehow suspected he made an error on the pricing. He also had the TZ1 from autoart for 99 euro. And for 111 euro, wich last time i saw his stand was the same, because they mistook one tz1 for a tz2. I didn't want to bring it up again, so let it be.

Man I wish we had that here.
And had my Minichamps Evolution Z06 come recently, honestly cant tell it's resin apart from it's lack of heft.
Never seen crisper detailing on any model irl.

I visited 2 guys in particular, one, a German, had a stack of CMCs and he was in the corner of Zaal II and he had a fair amount of AA's too and either a TZ1 or 2 on top of the CMCs with 20% off. The other was in Zaal III and had mostly AA's including an RR and a couple of motorbikes in AA boxes bigger than regular AA car boxes. Next time I'll be sure to be there 30 mins before the doors open. :D

Do prices tend to drop near the end of the fair?

I see on the map that there are 2 additional room - does NAMAC reside there too?
http://www.namac.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=86 bottom of the page

Last edited:
@AMG

I had my small table with stuff right infront of the german seller with the bigger motorbikes in big aa boxes. He had the cmc cars (wich didn't sell very well, grey boxes still wraped in plastic on the left, when he left. Prices in the range of 160 euro.) and some 1:48? scale planes. Also some 1:18 figures from cmc for 30 euro each. Autoarts did pretty good, as he had quite some free space at the end on the right side of the shop. (He had indeed 2 TZ1's one was more expensive :dunce: 99 euro and 111 euro)

I bought the 155V6ti from him. If i had been quicker i could have gotten both versions... Now i got the #7, he started with that one and two #8.

Prices sometimes drop at the end. But that depends on the margins of the seller. And for some models there really isn't much margin left.

Some smaller private sellers could take a smaller offer at the end, but also some sellers already leave before the sale is ended. So wait to long and the model could already be gone. :scared:
The bigger shops mostly have a certain price at wich they sell, and if you go below they just put it back in the truck if the day is finished.

At the beginning of the day sellers are let in before the buyers are. And some of them scout the scene very quick to buy up anything that is a real bargain.
Best deals are mostly had at the very start, if you spot a model for a nice price before somebody else discovers it. I have had other sellers buy stuff from me when all the buyers are still locked outside. :)

Room usage depends on how many sellers are present. The fair is a bit smaller than it used to be some 3 years ago. And last times the centre has been used for two events at one day. Which is very annoying since than there is no space to park all the cars.

I remember a day when they had a clothing(gaastra) outlet at the same time and day in the first two rooms.

The building is used for lots of events. So depending on who rented it, you will have different stuff inside.

Last edited:
I believe some were cheaper than online but the 458 I bought I got for 70; he asked 75. Of course later you see the same car for 60 and on modelissimo 69.95 excl shopping. So what you really need to do is IF you have a "must have" list make note of web prices and then go shopping at the Xchange market. I do have the 55 Renown 787B (orange/green) but the visit was fun.
I did skip 90% of what they had as I was looking for CMC/AA/Kyo @1/18 scale mostly but it's phenomenal what is on sale there.

Entrance fee 5 (if not a NAMAC member)
Next date is 27 April - so let me know if you can make that one.

At the beginning of the day sellers are let in before the buyers are. And some of them scout the scene very quick to buy up anything that is a real bargain.
Best deals are mostly had at the very start, if you spot a model for a nice price before somebody else discovers it. I have had other sellers buy stuff from me when all the buyers are still locked outside. :)

LOL. So no bargain shopping then.

I have to work the 27th of April but I'll check if I can get the day off.

Got the package from CK which came fast, and boy the dont mess about.
I shovelled out like 1/3 of the styrofoam and it was enough to fill this cooler!

8474075178_769b17a077.jpg

What was inside though wasn't much, just a small order including a HPI GTR for a friend.
It is my first time buying from them after all, but I must say Im impressed.

8472985487_32c62978a6_z.jpg

I've never owned such high-end models as HPI or MinichampsEvo before and it's a real eye opener.
The Mercedes Citaro bus is nice too, plastic roof aside.

8472985839_d027d033e9_z.jpg

More shots to come. Hopefully once I mend the antenna on my friends GTR. 👍

Back