GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
That's it, I'm getting a AA and a R35 on my birthday this year!

*goes to the lottery store to play numbers*

Venom800tt
And both AUTOarts have arrived :drool:

Both are stunning, already among my favorite models :dopey:
Soon I must do a group shot of all of my Lambos. Maybe even do one with all of my supercars :sly:
Anyway I shall post more pics later.
Oh, and I have a 1/18 scale Ferrari F50 GT on pre-order that might be shipping soon. Apparently the model is out in Asia as of now. It is made by a joint venture between Fujimi and True Scale Miniatures, and I paid $204 plus shipping for it. I have always wanted a model of the F50 GT, and now I am sooo close to getting one :drool:

I'm totally shocked and :drool: over my iPod right now! That Aventador is...... Amazing!!! The detail, just perfect and a proof of that it's authentic. Scale number 1158, a rarity and I'm totally jelly.

I love the V12 Vantage as well, looks sleek and sexy being coated in Ebony Black. 👍

MCNAGTROC
Thanks!! yeah its awesome. Im pretty proud of it! I founded the Official GTR Owners club in the US over 6 years ago so thats sort of what I do for living. I helped Nissan on some GTR driving events this past year. thats where the helmet on the shelf came from. There were 3 events and i went to the first one. When Mizuno-San came to the 3rd the event he signed a few things and they sent me one of the Kyosho cars as a thank you. I also had a piece of the engine bay on my car signed

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/img20130222224739834.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/img20130222224836312.jpg/

:bowdown:

And I love that R35 GTR you got as well. When I first saw it and heard it was autographed by Mizuno-San, I was speechless.

And you own the official GTR Owners USA forums, own a CBAR35 as well and it's a 10 second monster :eek:?! Nice. What have you done to it: new turbos, ecu upgrades, bore and stroked VR38 to a VR40DETT?

And do you guys have anything about the older Skyline GTRs as well any proud owners of them? :)

Thanks everyone :)
And here are a few random pics. Might get better pics on Wednesday or so...

100_5949.jpg

100_5948.jpg

100_5947.jpg

100_5946.jpg

100_5942.jpg

The Aventador does look great, was thinking of buying the same actually :) went for the Murcielago instead, maybe next time.

IMO the Aventador is worth it. Though, still not as glorious as the AUTOart McLaren F1, which I paid about the same amount for ($190 USD).
Also, quick pic:
100_5952s.jpg

Nice models Poolhaas.

Catching up with photography again. Lots of work and unfortunately it highlights all the minor issues with these models if you get so close to them. Perhaps I should stop and just enjoy them from 'afar'. :D

En route are the MB 190EVO II and the 599 GTO.

Latest model - HWE Ferrari 458 Italia.

ScaleModels-0532.jpg

ScaleModels-0534.jpg

ScaleModels-0536.jpg

ScaleModels-0541.jpg

ScaleModels-0542.jpg

ScaleModels-0546.jpg

Last edited:
En route are the MB 190EVO II and the 599 GTO.

Latest model - HWE Ferrari 458 Italia.
I have seen the 190EVO II by AutoArt when browsing for a sale, it looked really neat. Looking forward to your photos of them.

Few words for the 458 shoot: stunning work with the photos, I've seen previous shoots of you but haven't commented on them yet (:embarrassed:). Do want the Stig figure aswell.

Thx Artic hare :sly: I had selected the silver one, changed my mind and bought the black one instead. I remember years ago when seeing it the black one really stood out. It's just that black doesn't photograph well.

The Stig, yeah there's a Russian selling Resin models of the Stig for 120 Euro's or so.
I got mine, 3 of them, for approx 5 euros each and they are to scale as well. Measuring 9cm x 18 = 1.72m (5.7 ft)

One now is wearing a black suit with red helmet. Haven't decided what colour to use for Stig III. :D

Thx Artic hare :sly: I had selected the silver one, changed my mind and bought the black one instead. I remember years ago when seeing it the black one really stood out. It's just that black doesn't photograph well.

The Stig, yeah there's a Russian selling Resin models of the Stig for 120 Euro's or so.
I got mine, 3 of them, for approx 5 euros each and they are to scale as well. Measuring 9cm x 18 = 1.72m (5.7 ft)

One now is wearing a black suit with red helmet. Haven't decided what colour to use for Stig III. :D
Good choice on black uhm... AMG :) did you find them (Stigs) online or in a store? They don't sell them at the sites I'm looking into.

Lots of work and unfortunately it highlights all the minor issues with these models if you get so close to them. Perhaps I should stop and just enjoy them from 'afar'. :D

I think it looks nice when viewed closely. Only mistake I've noticed is the slightly misplaced silver prancing-horse badge, but that hardly ruins the car at all. 👍

Good choice on black uhm... AMG :) did you find them (Stigs) online or in a store? They don't sell them at the sites I'm looking into.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:NL:1123#ht_2546wt_1398

But they had 4 when I bought mine. Now they're out of stock.

I think it looks nice when viewed closely. Only mistake I've noticed is the slightly misplaced silver prancing-horse badge, but that hardly ruins the car at all. 👍

The 3rd brake light is skewed and this is the model with the messed up Ferrari text ,photo-etch, on the rear (not shown in the photo's) I mentioned a few posts earlier.
I've bought some decals that I hope will do a reasonable job.

:bowdown:

And I love that R35 GTR you got as well. When I first saw it and heard it was autographed by Mizuno-San, I was speechless.

And you own the official GTR Owners USA forums, own a CBAR35 as well and it's a 10 second monster :eek:?! Nice. What have you done to it: new turbos, ecu upgrades, bore and stroked VR38 to a VR40DETT?

And do you guys have anything about the older Skyline GTRs as well any proud owners of them? :)

thanks. the CBA car was sold back in 2011 for the DBA

the 10 sec car is stock except for just a catless midpipe no tune or anything

Thanks!! yeah its awesome. Im pretty proud of it! I founded the Official GTR Owners club in the US over 6 years ago so thats sort of what I do for living. I helped Nissan on some GTR driving events this past year. thats where the helmet on the shelf came from. There were 3 events and i went to the first one. When Mizuno-San came to the 3rd the event he signed a few things and they sent me one of the Kyosho cars as a thank you. I also had a piece of the engine bay on my car signed

Ah that explains everything and makes it even more awesome...

That is very cool man. And considering you own a 10 second GTR it's even cooler!

And this seals it. 10 seconds to glory. Cool.

Ordered
T2eC16VHJGYE9nooiLZcBQkGHffDI60_12_zps3c952ccc.jpg

Also preordered the 52D bottle o falcon
F782E8F8-247D-4EF2-8F58-0F4425B77EF3-539-00000051380FC7D9_zpsa4a872cd.jpg

Also trying to pick up a few other models just waiting for the store to get back to me.

Last edited:
Just ordered a CMC Porsche 901 in irish green, and some discontinued HI STORY 1:43, silvia 240sx regular and NISMO 270sx. amazingly for a bargain, seeing as the NISMO alone can fetch 250$, so i got real lucky in an auction.

Stop drooling - it's leaking on to my screen :D.

Seems I need to go to F40 Anonymous :sly:
Scales 8, 18, 43 and 87.

Nice! I have the same affection with few cars. I tend to buy multiples of the same car but different colors.

The F40 is a "machine". It's a handful to drive in gt5! :) one of the best cars ever lived.

AMG.
^ Just looked up what they're going for - phew.

And whenever you do get a 1:12, then try to find a REAL F40 for a scale family portrait. :sly:👍

And I'm in love with that 1:8 F40. With good photography skills and a diorama, It can trick people into believing it is a real 1:1 F40. 👍

johnsom
Nice! I have the same affection with few cars. I tend to buy multiples of the same car but different colors.

The F40 is a "machine". It's a handful to drive in gt5! :) one of the best cars ever lived.

Same here, I have Hot Wheels and Matchbox versions of Skylines, Vettes, 911s, Vipers and so forth in different colors (mostly related to the real cars actual colors) and I'm thinking about doing it for some of my favorite model cars, only 1:43-1:18s, soon.

And yes, the F40 in GT5 is a wild machine to drive and gives you that sense of a mechanical monster acts and behaves, especially modified. I drove mines today (mostly early in the morning) and it was a hoot at the Ferrari Seasonal at Cape Ring! :D

So far I've found the following scales for the F40: 8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 38, 39, 40, 43 and 87.
Missing at the moment: 12, 16, 40. :D

Back