GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
I don't know why a lot are critical on the Porsche Panamera's looks. I like it, actually. I've seen several of those on the road, and they have a presence that stand out. Pictures don't do it justice. You gotta see the real thing on the road to see its beauty.

This is a 1:43 scale Minichamps Porsche Panamera 4S (Dealer Edition; wheels taken from the Panamera Turbo):

8521874528_a624b27bf8_c.jpg

I don't know why a lot are critical on the Porsche Panamera's looks. I like it, actually. I've seen several of those on the road, and they have a presence that stand out. Pictures don't do it justice. You gotta see the real thing on the road to see its beauty.

I agree its a beautiful car, more beautiful in real life.

I think the real Panamera looks disgusting in lighter colors, passable (just) in darker colors with a tan interior.
Working part time as a car detailer during the holidays and claying one didn't change my impression whatsoever.

However, that is a very nice model of it in a tasteful color combo. 👍

A couple non-edited photos of the Maisto Datsun 240Z in a pseudo workshop type setup.

Very, very interesting. How long ago did you start this? Is it the only staging you have? and also----okay. I'll stop asking you questions.
You must come over to the Diecast Diorama thread sometime, though, and let us pick your brains. Nice props. Where did you--- oh! okay.

This is a 1:43 scale Minichamps Porsche Panamera 4S (Dealer Edition; wheels taken from the Panamera Turbo):

8521874528_a624b27bf8_c.jpg

I agree - I like this 'passenger Porsche'. Here's another view of Kinsmart's 1:40 version:

100_9087.jpg

I think the real Panamera looks disgusting in lighter colors, passable (just) in darker colors with a tan interior.
Working part time as a car detailer during the holidays and claying one didn't change my impression whatsoever.

However, that is a very nice model of it in a tasteful color combo. 👍

Lighter colours seem to turn it too much into a saloon especially with the better trim; it looks too sedan enough as it is for a Porsche.
I remember the first time I saw a Cayenne, I couldn't believe my eyes. I just didn't want to believe such a thing had the Porsche badge on it.

So, I know I'm jumping the gun a bit here, but I want a 1/43 scale Lamborghini Veneno. Now.

Also, now that I'm getting a 2013 Vanquish from Tecnomodel, I asked them if they would be interested in making one of the Special Series Aston's that were made for the Sultan of Brunei. They are at the least, considering it. ;)

And

You should get an Otto models E39 M5 man. :P

I would if it weren't $250 :P eventually I will

I'm actually looking for one myself too.

If I find one for under $150 when all said and done, I'll buy it. They are hard to find though.

I've heard the rumor is that Otto is going to release another E39 M5 model, but this time in Silverstone.

I'm actually looking for one myself too.

If I find one for under $150 when all said and done, I'll buy it. They are hard to find though.

I've heard the rumor is that Otto is going to release another E39 M5 model, but this time in Silverstone.

I suggest you guys check out CK models de when it is released. I seen some Ottos there going for a good price.
They are also great to do business with. 👍

Oh and for those into V8 Supercars, any idea if there are plans to make the Altima V8 Supercar? Do want.
speedcafe-adelaide-7503-344x229.jpg

Also got a great deal on a HPI 911 GT1, first time owning a 1/43 with opening parts! #achivementunlocked :P

Remember this one? I need your advice.

8532495210_9defeccd69_c.jpg

As you can notice, the gold lining tampo of this casting can easily be removed (Kyosho had issues with paint).

Most would say that a nail polish remover is appropriate.

At least I could use some tips before heading off to the grocery.

Thanks in advance!

Why would you want to remove it?? It looks good!

Haven't showed anything for ages, didn't even bought a model :grumpy: Except for 2 scale modelkits.

17klein.jpg

For those in the know. :D

1:1✖ - pending request.
1:8✓
1:12✓
1:18✓ x3
1:24✓
1:38✓
1:43✓
1:64✓
1:87✓ x2
1:100✓
1:160 - too basic to even bother.

I recently found a 1:18 Ferrari Enzo under my bed that I got around 10 years ago. Trouble is, the plastic in the lights and windows has gone all yellow and the wing mirror has come off. Is there any way at all to fix the plastic going yellow? I doubt there is but worth a shot. :P

Venom800tt
Just ordered a couple off of ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111022830913?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390145812415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Still waiting for my TSM-Fujimi 1/18 Ferrari F50 GT pre-order tho. Also tempted to order a AUTOart Pagani Zonda ARRR sometime in the near future. Depends on what other crap I end up buying over the next month or so... :sly:

DONT ORDER THE ZONDA!!!!

AutoArt is releasing a Pagani Huyra later this year... get that.

Why would you want to remove it?? It looks good!

Haven't showed anything for ages, didn't even bought a model :grumpy: Except for 2 scale modelkits.

17klein.jpg
Nice background man. Love 917's. 👍 I need to learn more about them though, like the model variants K, L, LH, etc.
Been watching a step-by-step restoration video of a 917 as well as the movie "Lemans" and those certainly escalated my interest in em.
Speaking of 917's, I too have picked up an Autoart 917K but in 1:43, but for a bargain price of $15! Totally nuts. :dopey:
For those in the know. :D
1:1✖ - pending request.
1:8✓
1:12✓
1:18✓ x3
1:24✓
1:38✓
1:43✓
1:64✓
1:87✓ x2
1:100✓
1:160 - too basic to even bother.
Stop collecting and save for a 1:1. You know you want to. :lol:
I have to paint my F40. Maybe tomorrow.
My F40 is a wreck, just stripped the paint. Need to sand it down and paint too. Kyosho paint (in my experience) sucks bad.:ouch:

My list of must gets has increased alot. In all 1/43 scale, of course;

Agera R
Huayra
LaFerrari (don't know who will release one first in this scale, but I'm banking on BBR, LookSmart, or Make Up stepping up to the plate)

Back