GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Bit too expensive on maintenance.

Scales 8, 12, 18, 24, 38, 43, 64, 87, 100.

8537648562_1b72426c0c_b.jpg

I'm liking the F40 collection 👍 but what model is the 1:18 scale ferrari? and which version of the F40?

I'm liking the F40 collection 👍 but what model is the 1:18 scale ferrari? and which version of the F40?

If I may guess, that could be a Kyosho F40 LM? :scared:

Sweet collection AMG! I'm jelly!

Nice background man. Love 917's. 👍 I need to learn more about them though, like the model variants K, L, LH, etc.
Been watching a step-by-step restoration video of a 917 as well as the movie "Lemans" and those certainly escalated my interest in em.
Speaking of 917's, I too have picked up an Autoart 917K but in 1:43, but for a bargain price of $15! Totally nuts. :dopey:

Thank you! :D There are a few versions of them, this is the only version I've got. I probably collect more versions but I want more different cars before collecting types of models.. But I especially like the long tail versions.

I have to look up that video you're talking about, was it on YouTube?
That is cheap! But nothing beats a photo! :dopey:

Last edited:
Wow.:drool:
Thank you! :D There are a few versions of them, this is the only version I've got. I probably collect more versions but I want more different cars before collecting types of models.. But I especially like the long tail versions.

I have to look up that video you're talking about, was it on YouTube?
That is cheap! But nothing beats a photo! :dopey:
Im looking to get the Martini 917LH by Autoart, same as yours just martini livery. :)

As for the videos, they're on Youtube by Gunnar Racing. In the later parts it gets interesting with good info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaUHZQoG2BY

And yes sir, here is the photo of both the recently acquired Porsches. Clearing space to display them still. :(
8538782929_d2f5ab3830_z.jpg

LtoR
Pocher, Kyosho, Kyosho (the LW LM-wing), Bburago, Shell Vpower, Herpa, Kyosho, Red Line, Kyosho.

The Bburago was in dire need of some serious detailing. Was lucky to get one in this scale. BBurago set the 1:18 scale scene and other makers followed suit.

I have 1 Herpa 1:87 and 2 Bburago's 1:18 too.

If I may guess, that could be a Kyosho F40 LM? :scared:

That model has little to nothing to do with the actual F40 LM I believe. The F40 LM is a completely different car that was developed for Le Mans. It had a front splitter as well as removed pop-up headlights in favor of regular headlights.

I think the model you are talking about is a regular F40 with an LM wing. I see these constantly going around but I'm not sure if it has any relevance to the actual racing F40.

That model has little to nothing to do with the actual F40 LM I believe. The F40 LM is a completely different car that was developed for Le Mans. It had a front splitter as well as removed pop-up headlights in favor of regular headlights.

I think the model you are talking about is a regular F40 with an LM wing. I see these constantly going around but I'm not sure if it has any relevance to the actual racing F40.

You're right, I thought 'LM' by seeing the rear wing. :guilty: Some shops sell it as the LM too.

Thanks for posting the link phil bell, I'll be watching that :D
Niceee! You got the GT1 too! :D They look very nice together. I still need a photo of mine side by side.

Racking my brain - ah now I know what you're referring to,but no. I got it cheaper, Holland has a 2nd hand market place website and there are several traders there that I use and compare against ebay and so on. One of them had the 1:12 at a pricey but still lot cheaper price than Swapmeet or any other site I looked. It really pays to check them out and some also do business abroad. If you're interested its www.marktplaats.nl. It's all in Dutch but most Dutch people speak/write enough English to make do.

AMG., there's a slight discrepancy with the 5th Ferrari from the end, the 38, perhaps. Is it the same model? I can't quite put my finger on it...

EDIT: Ah, I think it's the colour.

Yep, its a chaepo 2 Euro Ferrari that my company sold at the pump IF you filled your tank with at least 25 litres of V power. I have the complete series twice as we ran the campaign twice. So perhaps it is relatively speaking the most expensive cheapo quality of the lot. :D.
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Ferrari-Set-...ultDomain_0&hash=item417148f5a5#ht_886wt_1398

I could have added 1:160 http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ENS36709-IMU...lzeugautos&hash=item48456d0804#ht_1528wt_1550

but he asked 6 euro for shipping, c'mon for a euro he could have stuck it in an envelope. :grumpy:

I suggest you guys check out CK models de when it is released. I seen some Ottos there going for a good price.
They are also great to do business with. 👍

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been checking them out along with a few other German model dealers that I've found through a die cast model forums. Unfortunately, it looks like they don't have the E39 M5.

I did actually end up buying/pre-ordering the E30 3 series made by Otto. I wasn't able to buy one directly from them as it was sold out, but I found a dealer in Germany that had one available for a minimal markup. The nice thing is that that dealer will subtract VAT when shipping out of the EU, so with price of item - VAT + shipping, it ended up being cheaper than ordering from Otto directly.

It's still on pre-order right now, but I'm excited for it to arrive later this month/early April. I'll make sure to take a few photos.

Cool F40 collection, AMG. 👍
Now you need to get yourself another set, remove all the interiors, and create an F40 Russian doll. :lol:

Over on DiecastXchange forum they are Blacklisted. They may have very competitive prices but... enough said.

Yep, its a chaepo 2 Euro Ferrari that my company sold at the pump IF you filled your tank with at least 25 litres of V power.

That is a nice incentive to encourage people to buy the pricier fuel!

^ Your link doesn't work so I never saw the car you were trying to show. ;)

@AOS- V power -is the only fuel my car gets but yeah it can be a nice incentive. Now if the models were a bit better....

Link still doesnt work but I found the car. $14 is not bad but check out ebay too.
For usd 14 I'd take a chance and get it from them.

Back