GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
For a car that fits in the palm of my hand I find this Mini to be fairly photogenic. Looks much more focused than other scale models that I've photographed.

8687560426_8efbc305e3_c.jpg

It's a Maisto 1/36th Mini Cooper S that I picked up for free from the Mini dealer. :dopey:

Rage Racer
Well, I have three more models of Schuco:
BMW X1

BMW X6

The quality of these is amazing, and opening hood isn't common for 1:43 models.
And the third is Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabrio (996-gen), I'll take a photo of it later.

Of course, you can buy them on eBay, just like I did.

Nice detail, I'm really impressed, especially with the opening hood. I'm google the cars right now.

Thanks. :)

@AMG: Love the Veyron and the photos also đź‘Ť.

There's, as always, a lot of eye candy, on the past couple of pages and some stunning photos.

Seems like I'm in good company with my Ebbro addiction ;)

Just some shots with my new camera - it's an Oly ZX-2 and I'm pretty happy with this camera (though still not with my lightning/photo setup).

1:43 Murcielago RG-1 SuperGT 500 (2005) von ItsHimness auf Flickr

1:43 Murcielago RG-1 SuperGT 500 (2005) von ItsHimness auf Flickr

I'm rather glad that at the moment there are no models surfacing in German webstores I'm currently after. Minichamps has announced the 2012 N24 Hankook SLSes, so that's one still missing in my growing collection. I'm not particularly fond of the ADAC Master (Oschersleben was on today), so I'm not going to get any models from this racing series.

Shame most SLS are in a rather dull livery (to my tastes of course).

Schuco is a household name for metal toy cars, at least in my youth some 30 years ago.

They should be readily available through webstores. The SLS from the GT5 Signature Edition Europe is Schuco branded. Not sure who actually makes them though.

Seriously, so many 1:43's that look better than 1:18's! :eek:

I'm targetting the 2007 #80 Flying Lizard Porsche 997 GT3 RSR by Spark for my next purchase. Judging by the quality of the T.W.R Porsche I've got by Spark, the 997's livery should be absolutely stunning:

85207_01.jpg

Spark models are very expensive for sure. But when I got the T.W.R Porsche I was completely in love with Spark's attention to detail and the job they do on liveries.

Last edited:
Great cars Ben, especially the Lancia, nice:tup:
Always thought about joining the CC Club but never got around to it, the club cars look good this year.

Great photos of the Veyron too AMG, awesome car:drool:

Got my APEX Tru-Blu Falcon today, so took some pics with 888:D

Great detail on the APEX Falcon, the interior espescially, really happy with it:)
Going to have to get the rest of the retro Bathurst cars now I think

I still purchase 1:18 models, but 1:43 has become my prime scale, cost is not part of the equation, since most 1:43 cost the same or more than alot of 1:18 counterparts(Look up Looksmart models, i just like 1:43 more, so many details crammed into a smaller model, it blows me away. they are like, the perfect size, not as tiny as a 1:64 and not as big as a 1:24 scale, so they can cram as much detail in a model as a 1:18 scale model . case and point this. [http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/pr...13672269990212F5F1D0023EC0A633A1520FB74FD5050

prepare to be blown away, and yes it's a 1:43 scale.

As nice as 1/43 is, my heart lies with 1/18. Plus, no opening 1/43 can match the glory of this:
Aventador-05.jpg

Or this:
McLaren_F1-08.jpg

Anyway it is a lot easier to mod 1/18's :sly:

Damn you Venom!! :dunce::drool:

I'm targetting the 2007 #80 Flying Lizard Porsche 997 GT3 RSR by Spark for my next purchase. Judging by the quality of the T.W.R Porsche I've got by Spark, the 997's livery should be absolutely stunning:

Spark models are very expensive for sure. But when I got the T.W.R Porsche I was completely in love with Spark's attention to detail and the job they do on liveries.

Yes very nice Porsche and livery! I think that's the best out of the three to get. (Forgetting the 'original' FLM livery)

Nice photo of them all together.

Great detail on the APEX Falcon, the interior espescially, really happy with it:)
Going to have to get the rest of the retro Bathurst cars now I think

Wow, those 2 look soooo epic together, but that Apex FG takes it imo. :drool:

Btw that fabric tow strap is a nice touch, just like a Biante it seems.

These arrived in the mail today. They are the 2013 Classic Carlectables Club cars.

Ah, cool. I was wondering what the Holden CC Club car was this year. And the Lancia is awesome too. đź‘Ť
Got my APEX Tru-Blu Falcon today, so took some pics with 888:D

Not a massive fan of the Triple 8 livery, but I like the Tru-Blu Falcon and they do look great together. Nice pics. đź‘Ť

Great cars Ben, especially the Lancia, nice:tup:
Always thought about joining the CC Club but never got around to it, the club cars look good this year.

You really should join the CC club. The clubs are usually pretty good and then there are the club exclusive 1:18 that they sell from time to time.

commodoreben
You really should join the CC club. The clubs are usually pretty good and then there are the club exclusive 1:18 that they sell from time to time.

Im sorry... are we talking about D4C? Or something else?

I know that a White AutoArt Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec ii (GT4) was produced and there were also the 1:43 black Nissan and Orange MB SLS + three 1:18 GT(5) Stealth cars produced.
Did something similar happen when the GT1, 2, 3 games were produced and if so does anyone have pics or links to pics of these cars?

I have a R34 gtr pace car in gran truisms livery. It's 1:18 and I think it's from gt3. Don't have any pics of it and its still packed in a box somewhere from when I moved so I can't get a pic of it for you.

I think this is the right thread to ask,

Anyone know any good sites to buy scale cars to build? Road cars or F1 cars, I think it could be a fun hobby

I have a R34 gtr pace car in gran truisms livery. It's 1:18 and I think it's from gt3. Don't have any pics of it and its still packed in a box somewhere from when I moved so I can't get a pic of it for you.

There's also a 1:43 model by AutoArt. Google should yield some results "GT-R R34 Gran Turismo"

GDII
That's amazing. More photos of the engine?

I have a 1:24 tamiya kit but the front has no removable panel. Other than that it's quite detailed for such an old kit.

Sure. Im off to school for now :/ but when I get home ill take some better ones with my camera đź‘Ť

Back