GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Bram Turismo
Some of you might be aware that I had some issues with a model not arriving some months ago. Well after a month the people who I ordered it from shipped me a new one, and that one arrived within a week.

So today my mother sends me an email that I've received a modelcar in the mail, yet I didn't order anything since January or so. My brother opened the box and told me it was a model I already had.

So now I have a double model, and I'm wondering what I should do with it. Either I'm a good guy and ship it back, which would cost me money. Or I make some money off of it since CK Modelcars told me the package was lost months ago. After all, it is a $150 model. I'm guessing this was the model that was first shipped and got lost with DHL.

May I ask what model it is? I may have interest in it...

May I ask what model it is? I may have interest in it...

It's a 1:18 Joest Racing TWR Porsche, winner of the '97 24 hours of Le Mans. Made by Spark.

I think it's easily my best model I have. It's very detailed. It's only a shame the wheels are fixed, as in no steering. But that's a minor thing compared to the job they've done on the decals. I made a post when I got it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8062532#post8062532

Overall I'd probably resort to Minichamps or Norev over Spark unless it's a model I desperately want in perfect detail. And then there are some models that only Spark makes, like this Porsche and the Audi R18 which is on my list for a future purchase.

Ah I saw that 917, it was actually the inspiration for me to get this!

So I did some research on 917's and this version of the L appealed the most to me though its not most successful.

Ow that's cool! Correct it's not very succesful but very pretty with the more streamlined backend. And ofcourse the ever impressing livery. Might want to get one of the Martini transporters in 1:43 with a Martini Porsche from the same era.

Like this:
Transporter-MARTINI-S_mod5.JPG

And WOW that Exoto R89 is amazing! :drool:

Awesome cars there guys, that Nissan R89:drool:

Got my first 1:18 scale car delivered today, I've got a few 1:43 and heaps of 1:64 scale cars, but after watching Bathurst last year I just had to pre-order this as my first one:D

Well your R89 inspired me...

So since it was on sale for a steal of 295.95 USD. :ouch: I bought it.

Also pre ordered Lancia Delta S4 from autoart

Expecting the R89 next wk will post some pictures with its rival (XJR-9) when it arrives!

Edit:- cant wait for the autoart Red bull x1 carbon :)

Bram, I'm not sure what I would've done. Probably give it to a good friend so my karma counter doesn't go too low...

Personally, I would contact the seller and explain the situation from your point of view. Good chance is they let you keep both. You keep, as Carlos says, karma intact and can take it from there.

Not to gang on anyone, but the folks at ck are really good guys. I know what I'd do...

Aye, you're right. They've helped me so much getting my order in place when the first package was lost, I can't really backstab them.

Ow that's cool! Correct it's not very succesful but very pretty with the more streamlined backend. And ofcourse the ever impressing livery. Might want to get one of the Martini transporters in 1:43 with a Martini Porsche from the same era.
Will DEFINITELY get that and some Martini 911's in a year or two when I move overseas, for now how Im going to bring what I already have with me is a BIG worry! :lol:
Octavia's coming along nicely. Green stripe on the bumper had to be painted as it wasn't included with the decals.
Nice bit of modelling so far mate, those belts looks sharp.

Got my first 1:18 scale car delivered today, I've got a few 1:43 and heaps of 1:64 scale cars, but after watching Bathurst last year I just had to pre-order this as my first one:D
You might want to look into an Apex Replica FG Falcon to go with it, heard the Tru-Blu one just came out. Sealed but better detail than CC. :)

Hey, I wanted to let you guys know that some of my D4C cars will be going up for sale.

-Franklin Mint Harley Earl '63 corvette (D4C #55/849)
-Franklin Mint Lincoln continental Conv. Coachbuilt (D4C #55/849)
-Franklin Mint Callaway C12 (D4C #55/849)

All have never been romoved from the box.

If anyones interested. PM me.

Last edited:
Just bought:

My camera was out of batteries so I took those with my phone...

Also, that R89: :drool:
Someday I'll buy at least one of those higher end brands like Exoto. They have some very cool models like the 2J, Group C and Senna's Mclaren.

You might want to look into an Apex Replica FG Falcon to go with it, heard the Tru-Blu one just came out. Sealed but better detail than CC. :)

Thanks mate, I've got Tru-Blu ordered aswell, should be here Monday-Tuesday. Can't wait to get it now you've said they have better detail:tup:

My collection is too big to post it all there. :sly: There are more than 400 items of just 1:43 scale, apart from the other scales.
But I'll show you some of my 1:43 :

1986 Unimog Dakar [Norev]
8eLAz-RuOoI.jpg

1958 GAZ M21i and M21T Volga (Moscow taxi) [ixo]
bNiXJxGOv-k.jpg

1992 GAZ 31029 Volga [ixo]
c2ved8lH9vc.jpg

1958 UAZ 450
1980 UAZ 451 (TV van)
1979 UAZ 452
1985 UAZ 3909 (emergency gas service) [all ixo]
HMCs6JE1wg0.jpg

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (NYPD) [most likely ixo]
XcdVGmGeE7M.jpg

1971 Ferrari 312 B (Mario Andretti) [Hot Wheels]
KG38ixqqxuo.jpg

1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec (Kasukabe police) [Kyosho]
1997 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec (Fuji Speedway safety car) [Kyosho]
1997 Nismo Skyline R33 GT-R LM [hpi-racing]
1997 Pennzoil Nismo R33 GT-R [MTech]
ae1uXMRYKR0.jpg

2007 Nissan GT-R
2009 Nissan GT-R (SuperGT safety car) [both Ebbro]
VeYXRVFOh00.jpg

1987 Advan Skyline R30
1991 Advan Taisan R32 GT-R (driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya and K.Takahashi) [Kyosho]
TR_1y4NraxI.jpg

2010 Ferrari F10 (Fernando Alonso) [Hot Wheels]
2010 McLaren MP4-24 (Jenson Button) [Minichamps]
fncYbBdb6BU.jpg

1972 Nissan Fairlady S30 Z (Yokohama police) [ixo]
1989 Mazda RX-7 FC3S (Tokyo police) [Kyosho]
1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec (Kasukabe police) [Kyosho]
My-9zMFQoTo.jpg

1998 Lada 112 (Moscow road police) [ixo]
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer (Moscow road police) [Vitesse]
2009 GAZ SPM-1 Tiger (OMON armored van) [ixo]
40QHMySo1FU.jpg

2001 Audi R8 (Team Joest)
sGz3Sbl4hH8.jpg

2010 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Edition [Minichamps]
2003 Mercedes-Benz SL600 [G&P]
6nQU-oDqoBU.jpg

...a bunch of racing 911s [Vitesse and Minichamps]...
c6HGZdZUXlE.jpg

KbQVduW7ssI.jpg

This is just a small part of what I have. I'll post some more later. :)

@Rage Racer - nice collection - but you don't have to post all at once. Give it to us in stages so that it gives us time to recover. :lol:

I agree with phil bell - that's a very eclectic selection.

I hate how bad CC have went over the last few years i should to say that biante would never get anywhere close to them now i actually prefer biante. Still on the fence on getting that but don't think i will tbh

I would say they are equal although the Apex does have more interior details.

Trublu does look weird though i still think the bottle-o was the pick of the bunch
T2eC16dHJIkE9qU3lQ1iBRddy-H1L60_12_zps739a4a10.jpg

@Rage Racer - nice collection - but you don't have to post all at once. Give it to us in stages so that it gives us time to recover. :lol:

I agree with phil bell - that's a very eclectic selection.

I've made the photo selection so various to give a total picture of variety in my collection. From military vehicles to Formula 1 racecars... :sly:

Here are some more 1:43 BTW:

2008 Audi RS6 Avant [Schuco]
t8A4DmqouF8.jpg

C9ESjs7HXLc.jpg

2010 Audi TT RS [Schuco]
QklsoE-L61c.jpg

R-zq2Pufpy8.jpg

Ferrari 308 GTB (Rallye Targa Florio) [unknown model maker]
pV3l-i_sbm4.jpg

QarVhf6Zalg.jpg

2002 Peugeot 206 WRC (Safari Rally) [Solido]
cJuDLBHovSo.jpg

1965 GAZ 21R Volga (USSR road police) [ixo]
43N0ENy34fM.jpg

sWgkFNtJ1x0.jpg

Sweet VTEC!!!! That's what you call a garage Torque. :eek:👍

@Rage Racer: Nice collection dude, love the cars. 👍 Especially the Audis, I see they are made by Schuco.

What cars do Schuco make? And are they sold internationally?

Last edited:
What cars do Schuco make? And are they sold internationally?

Well, I have three more models of Schuco:
BMW X1
z_7ce4af97.jpg

BMW X6
z_e546b99e.jpg

The quality of these is amazing, and opening hood isn't common for 1:43 models.
And the third is Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabrio (996-gen), I'll take a photo of it later.

Of course, you can buy them on eBay, just like I did.

Back