GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2023]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 257 comments

What's your current Carey'd status?

• Total voters
I made it through this last year, but killed by the car radio in my girlfriend's car... I don't listen to the radio, I hate radio stations, but she's got a new car, no CD player, so radio is all she has. She doesn't keep music on the PC, has no MP3s, nothing to load up on the phone for BT... rather primitive in that respect!

Last edited:
Im in, and currently safe. My Chemistry teacher was playing Christmas songs in class today (it’s the first day of December, woman!) and I heard two other versions of the song, but none were the original, as she played those YouTube playlists that everyone hates. Last Christmas also made an appearance, but not the original either!

I've been Whammed once while in the mall, but never heard the song from Mariah Carey just yet this year. Hopefully not.

What's an even tougher challenge is avoiding Blackpink music all-year round.

Last edited:
My students choose the Just Dance video of Last Christmas to boogie to.
It was actually really fun.

I included a mention of this game and the current song to avoid, but none of them wanted to play because they like the song. Fair enough.

Ah, ****, almost got Carey'd, and at home of all places. That was a near miss, but at least I'm still safe. But 100% for sure, I've been Whammed. At least that's not so bad.

(cue Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool)

It's not Wham, it's WHAM!!!

Last edited:
Made it into December at least but I’m out.

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago. We started to clear out his house today. I put on his radio and bam, there she was.

Well done Dad, you got me.

Made it into December at least but I’m out.

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago. We started to clear out his house today. I put on his radio and bam, there she was.

Well done Dad, you got me.
Pranked from the grave.
RIP dad, you did grand.

I’m sorry for your loss.

The old man got you gud, consider that the best of sport.

Wasn't even playing, and yet
Im Out GIF

Went into a roller coaster of emotion after I heard the intro of the song, then heard the singer sounds kinda similar to Carey and I thought I got Carey'd with the new version or something. Sound search the song and it turned out to be another cover band.

2 goddamn times I had close calls lmao

Last edited:
It's crazy we were at the dinner table and we were listening to Spotify and during one of the commercials they played the song and son is like Dad you're out and fortunately for me I had zoned out off in my own world and I was like what are you talking about? He says they're playing Mariah Carey but when he said that they were on to the next song so I told no they're not. So I escaped because I started daydreaming at the dinner table 🤣. So moving forward no more Spotify the rest of the year

kjb
It's crazy we were at the dinner table and we were listening to Spotify and during one of the commercials they played the song and son is like Dad you're out and fortunately for me I had zoned out off in my own world and I was like what are you talking about? He says they're playing Mariah Carey but when he said that they were on to the next song so I told no they're not. So I escaped because I started daydreaming at the dinner table 🤣. So moving forward no more Spotify the rest of the year
I’m amazed you even took the risk!

Went into a roller coaster of emotion after I heard the intro of the song, then heard the singer sounds kinda similar to Carrey and I thought I got Carrey'd with the new version or something.
I'd much rather listen to Carrey singing than Carey.

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Somehow managed to survive an entire day in a shopping centre on December 1st. There were Christmas decorations up but I guess they haven't quite got to playing the Christmas music stage yet. I believe I still have to spend more time in another shopping centre this Saturday so I have not yet escaped the danger zone. :nervous:

And I am out, unable to continue on My rookie year’s successes. According to my PE teacher, it is early enough to start playing Christmas songs during fitness, despite my classes desperate pleas. I now find myself in the predicament of being Carey’ed, but not Wham’ed yet. We now see if I can go till new year without being Wham’ed, even though it would merely be a consolation prize.

And...... I'm gone.

Out cycling this morning, couldn't have been better. Clear skies and no wind, just cruising along at 30km/h with hotels and my left and the water on the right.

Then it happened, a car slowly approaches from behind. Windows down with the cursed song playing.
Carey'd by drive by.

Last edited:
And...... I'm gone.

Out cycling this morning, couldn't have been better. Clear skies and no wind, just cruising along at 30km/h with hotels and my left and the water on the right.

Then it happened, a car slowly approaches from behind. Windows down with the cursed song playing.
Carey'd by drive by.
Wow, that's harsh man. You didn't even have a chance to chuck a used tinny at his head in retaliation?

Back