GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2023]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 257 comments

What's your current Carey'd status?

• Total voters
Wait why is there a whammed status ?
jordan.jpg

I watched the defrosting video few weeks ago. I love the song but want to listen to it at the right christmas-Time moment around 15t.december. not easy I know

Just had a close call now, Instagram suggested an auto-playing video which had the song playing in the background. Luckily, my phone was muted. My heart rate spiked when I saw the song's name in the post. :lol:

I got Carey'd and Whammed while at my dentist appointment today.

Eddie Murphy Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
ah crap..! they knew you were coming..!! 😧
so is that called, getting “Care’amm’d..?”
…or “Whamm’ey’d…?” 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
ah crap..! they knew you were coming..!! 😧
so is that called, getting “Care’amm’d..?”
…or “Whamm’ey’d…?” 🤷🏼‍♂️

There was never an official term coined that combined the two so "Wham'd" and "Carey'd" is just what we go with (That and, to me at least, without context it just sounds like you were knocked out and kidnapped)

Last edited:
Whammed at 10:00 a.m. this morning, casually listening in my car... Drive-by Wham.
I'm reminded of the time where at 10:00 PM, in a Neighborhood where its basically normal to have cars driving around with Hip-Hop absolutely blasting out the windows, I'm waiting on the porch for dinner to arrive and what do I hear on this one night out of the whole year? "Last Christmas"..on full blast from a car driving by. Literally, those were the first lyrics that I picked up when it was in close enough visual range. Never felt so defeated in my life after avoiding the tweets, a friends attempt (Mostly thanks to my Laptop picking the perfect time to freeze on a video, giving away the ruse when the text "Wham" hit the screen before I heard any audio) and avoiding the Whammassacre only to be subjected to a drive-by.

I was cover Carey'd today, not gonna lie, I would have rather heard the real thing. Say what you will about Mariah, but she can at least sing, unlike some of the people that have covered her godawful song. :yuck:

I usually sign up for this directly after Thanksgiving but kinda got sidetracked.

Am safe for now on both fronts.

I like to read through this thread every year, it's just funny :) I'm safe so far but I gotta admit: I do like both Last Christmas and Ms. Carey's song, it's 100% certain that we're gonna play these multiple times as we approach Christmas. But all these stories of how you got Carey'd or Whammed :) I particularly liked the Christmas tree from @Jordan :)

A friend of mine pointed out to me that we all talk a lot about Wham! and Mariah, but we can also be "Bublé'ed":

@Jordan maybe it's an idea for the next year :lol: at least Michael Bublé is a great crooner, IMHO.

Last edited:
I figured I didn't have a prayer this time around, but I was back-to-backed with both Mariah and Wham in the space of 4 minutes.

Abominable Snowman Yeti GIF by MOODMAN
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Dancing GIF

(Oh, it's on a loop to play in that order every 30 minutes or so.)

Last edited:
Back