GTR from concept to production *finally comes to an end* or just the beginning =D

I just thought of something,

This new GTR should be released in 2007, That lands dead on Skylines 50th aniversary, Autech made a 4door GTR for Skylines 40th. I expect something Very special from Nissan in the GTR, and if there wont be a 50th aniversary GTR (I know Nissan said the next GTR wont be a Skyline, but I hope it is), I am looking forward to a special 50th aniversary Skyline.

VIPERGTSR01
I just thought of something,

This new GTR should be released in 2007, That lands dead on Skylines 50th aniversary, Autech made a 4door GTR for Skylines 40th. I expect something Very special from Nissan in the GTR, and if there wont be a 50th aniversary GTR (I know Nissan said the next GTR wont be a Skyline, but I hope it is), I am looking forward to a special 50th aniversary Skyline.
Thats a good point, chevy made a whole big old hooplah abut the 50th aniversary vette, and most cars that have been around that long get a special model, so maybee nissan will do it too.

On a side note I was re-reading the article I scanned from road and track, they mention potting a test car near Lotus in Hethel, wearing an infiniti G35 coupe body, If they are testing in a G35 shell, that means it's going to be a V6 not a V8 like previous rumors, it also establishes that the skyline will use the FM platform. With the news of cosworth working for nissan that was mentioned in the R&T article plus the info from before about them working on high-pressure direct injection system, which increases feul economy because injection timings can change to match engine load.

There was also word of garrett making an anti lag system for the GTR, garrett is owned by honeywell, lookie what I found from honeywell
untitled.JPG

Thoes last lot of pics are just red X's for me, I'm really anticipating this car it will be like Elvis has come back. Well not quite that big a return of an icon but it will be big.

live4speed
Thoes last lot of pics are just red X's for me, I'm really anticipating this car it will be like Elvis has come back. Well not quite that big a return of an icon but it will be big.

ya me too :(

live4speed
Thats becasue my server is temporarily down due to a problem, it hsould be back up soon.

hope your site is up and running soon cos i had a virus a few weeks back and had to reformat and ma burners busted so everthinks gone =/ lost all my prized BMI videos and all them pics i got from your site anyways cheers for this info on the future R36 =p adios

Good work to both you and Skip0110.

I can't wait till it is finally released or the concept of the real up and coming GTR. Will be great!

This pic was in the latest issue of Speed (Australian magazine). It's the same as one of the ones shown above but with a GTR badge. Sorry for the bad quality. At first I didn't like the shape but now its starting to grow on me.

Attachments

• SPEED 2007 GTR.JPG
    SPEED 2007 GTR.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 45
this isnt exactly to do with the 2007 gtr but it does have a slight refference. but anyways i came across this and thought to post it up anyways. hope its not a repost :yuck:

evoskyline0tu.jpg

Yup the GTR is still nismo's "cash cow" and showing that people are willing to pay 120,000 for a 500 BHP car with the GTR logo strapped to it :) I hope the price doesnt reflect on the us spec infiniti GTR...

After 3 solid years of speculation, CG concepts by Nissan design teams – not to mention the plethora of CG images produced by Nissan fans - we will get the final word from Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn regarding the Next GT-R. The 39th Tokyo Motor Show (Oct 19 – Nov 6, 2005) will be the venue where all the speculation and rumors stop when the 2005 GT-R Concept vehicle is uncovered.

Without a doubt the main feature at the 39th Tokyo Motor Show will be the Next GT-R. No other single vehicle has caused as much hype amongst the international Nissan fan base as this car. Nissan have been watching the international reaction to various rumors, spy photos, concept drawings and the like, and will take it upon themselves to officially state the Next GT-R’s design, new components and capabilities, aim of the car, and price. Nissan may even answer the question that’s confused a number of enthusiasts up until now: the chassis designation. Whether it’s UA-CPV35 GT-R, or due to the ’07 release date, UA-CPV36 GT-R, or another chassis code altogether, Nissan will need to explain why, if the GT-R is to drop it’s connection with the Skyline, would they need to incorporate the Skyline’s traditional four round tail lights.

Sources in Japan have already scooped the Next GT-R’s FR transaxle, twin motor-assisted turbos and ‘e-4WD’ – drive to the front wheels provided by electric motors powered by Lithium batteries. All these mechanisms are unique to the Next GT-R and will lead the way for other car manufacturers to make use of such technological advances in their own vehicle line-ups. One hotly contested feature of the Next GT-R is it’s rumored engine, the VQ32DETT. International speculation has sprouted all sorts of configurations: N/A and turbo V8’s, large capacity V6’s, even rebirth of the legendary RB26DETT. But no other engine configuration has been quoted more times in Japan than the 3.2 liter V6 twin turbo.

The rumored VQ32DETT engine has been developed in conjunction with Cosworth (UK) and the basic design of the V6 twin turbo – in 3.0 liter guise - has seen two full seasons already in the Japanese JGTC (Japan GT Championship) racing series, which VQ powered cars have won consecutively in the last two years. The rigors of JGTC racing and advances in turbo design should put to rest any doubts about a twin turbo V6 configuration not being able to withstand the treatment expected from a US market not familiar with a top level performance turbo offering from Nissan. The concern over how the US market would receive a medium capacity V6 turbo powered GT car from Nissan has brought forth all kinds of rumored engine configurations, none of which have had any mention within the Japanese media for at least two years. It seems practically all the rumors regarding engines other than the VQ32DETT have originated from the very market that is concerned about the reliability of a turbo V6 powered GT car from Nissan (or in the North American market, Infiniti) as opposed to the supposedly better reliability a larger capacity naturally aspirated engine of similar output could offer.

Much importance has been placed on the effective use of underbody aerodynamics, as well as keeping a clean, muscular shape devoid of any large spoilers which were such a signature of the superseded R34 Skyline GT-R. 20-inch alloy wheels and a mix of carbon fiber (bonnet, seat frames, drive shafts, rear diffusers) and aluminum (roof, door panels, rear tailgate) will also feature on a car that is every bit as exotic as it is technologically advanced. The disappointment felt by Japanese Nissan enthusiasts about the controversial tail lights of the V35 Skyline Sedan upon it’s release back in 2001 – no trademark circular lights or ‘hotplates’ – has seen Nissan make a complete about face… even releasing the V35 Skyline Sedan Series II with circular LED arrays to try and convince the Japanese domestic market that they haven’t forsaken the Skyline heritage. What this means is that despite the multitude of CG images gracing the internet and magazines all sporting slightly weak attempts at ‘hotplate’ tail light designs, the Next GT-R will definitely include the four round tail lights that have become the defining feature of the GT-R since the early 1970’s… even though Carlos Ghosn has hinted that the Next GT-R won’t be associated with the Skyline range anymore.

The motto of the Next GT-R that has been thrown around more than a few times amongst the Japanese media is ‘More Super-Sports than you can imagine’. You can be sure that Nissan won’t disappoint this time around, as so many Nissan enthusiasts in Japan have expressed their disapproval of the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show Concept GT-R. Look for more details to come to light as October approaches straight from Japan… so it certainly will be an exciting year for GT-R enthusiasts the world over. Expect to see the Next GT-R released in December 2007.

Some Qand A for ya guys, thanks to 2007 skyline (owner of r35forum.com) and Rezz at sklyines australia for the answers!

1) Yes, it'll definately break the old 206kw limit. Will beat Porsche Turbo output with less capacity.

2) Yes, 4WD, twin turbo (JGTC style) and four round lights. From what I know, Nissan is desperately trying to woo the traditioanlist GT-R buyer AND the new 'euro-car bandwagon jumper' (read: ex-Porsche buyers) so a better than Porsche GT car with four round lights = winner.

3) Yes, righthand drive for Japan (UK, AU) and lefthand drive for every other market that will support such a top line GT car from Nissan ie: US/Mainland Europe. Expect a huge marketing push in Germany of course.

4) No mention of a 'new version' of Atessa-ets as such, but the current 'E-4WD' system kind of works along the same lines as ATESSA anyway... even better IMO.

5) Yes, FR-L chassis for sure. Basically a rear wheel drive configuration (RWD transaxel), with power to the front wheels provided by electric motors... a true high performance hybrid system. Talk of a CVT transmission is still on the cards, although whether they can build one that can handle the expected output within a certain budget is questionable? Just what I've been told.

6) No. The electrically spooled turbo's don't need anti-lag... they're literally always producing positive (or +0) boost on off or part throttle depending on road speed, gear selected, braking... you name it, it's an amazing system. I pray they don't water this down to keep within budget...

7) No. I've only heard about the Tokyo Motor Show debut... showing the 2005 Prototype at Geneva will upset the Japanese enthusiast I think.

8) I think Nissans been taking this long because of their 'Total Inventory Overhaul by 2005' policy...

9) Ghosn will reveal all the important things (name, sales targets, markets, 'theme', 'motto' and anything else that they deem important at the TMS '05.

10) From what I know, the expected debut of the next GT-R has been pushed out to December 2007! These guys are playing around with Porsche I think... to foil any plans Porshe might make to try and upset Nissan. Anything is possible... I really hope it goes on sale in 2006, despite Ghosn saying the debut will be at TMS '07.

11) Whether the GT-R will benefit Infiniti is anyones guess. I personally think the GT-R is 'too tough' for Infiniti, and Porsche buyers will still buy Porsche (in the US).

12) I can't see worldwide sales by 2007 if the car is realeased in December 2007! lol But hey, who knows.

13) Yes, there should be 2006 V36 Skyline at TMS this year.

14) The 2005 GT-R concept is just that... a concept. Nissan got burnt 4 years ago and they won't let that happen again.

15) I will bet money that the GT-R Concept will be LHD... just to re-inforce (once again... ho hum) that the GT-R is a 'World Car'now.

16) I seriously doubt there'll be different chassis codes for US models, what would be the point? Unless they drop a V8 in!!! Hahaha

17) As far as I know... there'll be only a turbo model. Remeber, this is going off info direct from Japan as opposed to some bandwagon jumping fanboy, so... yep.

18) Yes, an official title will be announced.

19) Other things from the show: next RX-7, next NSX, next Altezza, next Civic, next...

Back