GTRA | World Rally Championship | Season 2 in January 2012

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 821 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANNOUNCEMENT

Add me if you want to download the tracks.

Make sure to do the following!

Add Friend: GTP_Masicampo
Write inside Friend Request: WRC - GTPlanet

To download the track, go to my Profile and click shared tracks.
Rally Sweden SS01 - Online!

** Rally Sweden is moved to Monday (October 10) next week (not this Monday)! Still testing to be done! **

I must add you then! Must get some practice on these tracks. Can't wait for things to kick-off. :D

Was just about to ask about the track. I found myself horrible at rallying especially when I practiced at Eiger dirt track. It seemed like I don't get grip at all. Also, the most exciting parts of the map is the change of elevations, which I was horrible at.

Those Eiger tracks feel like ice. No grip at all - much like GT4.

By the way, i was surprised how wide the ice tracks were even at the minimum settings. Rest assured, SS02 is liege - tight and technical mixed with a few long straights :)

Masi_23
Those Eiger tracks feel like ice. No grip at all - much like GT4.

By the way, i was surprised how wide the ice tracks were even at the minimum settings. Rest assured, SS02 is liege - tight and technical mixed with a few long straights :)

Whoo, I thought it was just me being horrible. I'll go ahead practice on the map later tonight.

It will surely be interesting on unknown tracks, I'll have to try to squeeze some time in.

Will begin phase 2 soon Masi.

So I tried the track earlier, it is pretty decent. There was this one wide section then suddenly it hits you with the narrow sharp turn which I find very nice. I knew it the turn is coming, yet I can't adjust to it. lol.

I have to practice a lot more though. My first blind lap was the fastest of all I did which I find very weird. I think I might have been trying to over do rallying since I can't seem to beat my first lap time which I know I did pretty bad at. Frustration, but a lot of fun.

The lack of cockpit view on the Subie is not so nice for me. I can't see when to stop drifting, or should I say skidding from what I'm doing, it looks like i'm doing a 90 degree skid :dopey:

All in all, I can't wait for the event to start eventhough I already know i'll be in the bottom for each event with a huge margin.

Sorry I haven't been around as of the past few days, dealing with the insurance company about my car amongst other things. So we go live on the 10th? Just making sure I have it covered. And I know there will be another member in there observing, but I fabricated myself a "dash cam" and was wondering if I could record my runs and post them up for everyone.

Hello all, just finished registering myself for the Promotions class with the Lancia Delta HF '91.

I have just drove the Sweden stage, and its great. However, there is one thing I dont understand. It's a gravel stage rather than snow. Im not much familiar with Rally but Im pretty sure Sweden Rally is on snow. :)

I mixed up SS01 with SS02. It should be snow on stage 1 and liege on stage 2 (as it shows on the calendar in the OP). No biggie though, we'll just do the old switcharoonie.

Current Sign-ups

WRC Class - 14 Drivers
Promotions Class - 6 Drivers
Group B Class - 1

If we don't get more than 6 drivers in Group B, I will close Group B sign-ups and will invite a select few from the current driver's list to participate in multiple classes.

Masi i had a go on your stage (with the focus) your an evil genius you think your doing good then..... arrrggggg it tightens more than you think and youve screwed it lol

Specs would be nice so i could pick between the Evo or the Fords.....

I am the only one on Group B! :) Hmm I sense fear in here of driving the Group B monsters.

Masi i had a go on your stage (with the focus) your an evil genius you think your doing good then..... arrrggggg it tightens more than you think and youve screwed it lol

Right now, its still being decided. Should be around 460-480pp. A step below the WRC Class.

Masi i had a go on your stage (with the focus) You're an evil genius! You think your doing good then..... arrrggggg it tightens more than you think and you've screwed it lol

haha a navigator would certainly help. Damn you Kaz!

By the way, should we keep Stage 1 as gravel? It should be snow but i switched up the name accidentally. I guess we should keep it since people already downloaded them.

Last edited:
Masi_23
Right now, its still being decided. Should be around 460-480pp. A step below the WRC Class.

haha a navigator would certainly help. Damn you Kaz!

By the way, should we keep Stage 1 as gravel? It should be snow but i switched up the name accidentally. I guess we should keep it since people already downloaded them.

I can go either way.

We'll just switch the stages, no problem.

Anyway, new Spec 2.0 update is up in the blog! Exciting new content 👍 check it out! :cheers:

GROUP B Class Announcement

Anyone in the current sign-up list (CHECK HERE!) - can now sign-up for Group B Class.
Meaning you can now compete in 2 classes. Only in these combo: WRC and GROUP B -
or PROMOTIONS and GROUP B.

You cannot compete in WRC or PROMOTIONS CLASS at the same time.

NOTE: DO NOT SIGN-UP AGAIN! Leave your intentions by posting a reply here in the thread! Only current signed-up members are eligible!

Due to the amount of unknown tracks, what are the odds I can swing driving line to allowed for this?
The way I see it, it'll come down to using that or the blinking light for most of us anyway, just an idea with so many tracks that we have to try to learn so quickly.

We can do that - OR - I'll have the tracks online one by one each day for people to download and practice on.

I'll have a 'host checklist done by today' and also finish up the OP.

We can do that - OR - I'll have the tracks online one by one each day for people to download and practice on.

I'll have a 'host checklist done by today' and also finish up the OP.
What I've found is that while you can ultimately run faster without it, it can greatly reduce the learning curve and time on any given track.

I can't speak for anyone else, For me to properly learn all these tracks without it in the time span will be next to impossible, I don't expect to "learn" any of them completely through this, but DL lets me know at least which way to road is going to turn, a great thing when driving blind.:lol:

If you leave it on, the user can always turn it off... I believe. I personally use it to learn a new track, I just leave it on. I can race without it if needed though.

Racing line = Co Driver :) Nice

Has there been any decision made on snow tracks for Sweden. IMO in keeping with traditional WRC stages.

Racing line = Co Driver :) Nice

Has there been any decision made on snow tracks for Sweden. IMO in keeping with traditional WRC stages.

I made stage 1 as snow, but i mistakenly named it SS02, so now we have stage 1 as gravel instead of snow.

It should've been like this for Rally Sweden:
Snow
Gravel
Tarmac​

But since people already downloaded SS01 (gravel), ill revise it instead:
Gravel
Snow
Snow​

I'll make Stage 2 online tomorrow so people can download it. Make sure to add me first in PSN (GTP_Masicampo)

I gotta add you quickly! :scared: I still need SS01! By the way, while your revising it, where did the tarmac stage go?

I gotta add you quickly! :scared: I still need SS01! By the way, while your revising it, where did the tarmac stage go?

Come to think of it, ill just do this.

Anyone who has downloaded SS01, delete it.

I'll make Stage 1 and 2 as Snow and the power stage as Tarmac.

ok, nevermind! it'll make it too complicated...

ill just make stage 2 and the power stage as snow.

Last edited:
By the way, under your avatar where your PSN is, it seems to be cut off so what's the full username so I can add you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back