GTRA | World Rally Championship | Season 2 in January 2012

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 821 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've found is that while you can ultimately run faster without it, it can greatly reduce the learning curve and time on any given track.

I can't speak for anyone else, For me to properly learn all these tracks without it in the time span will be next to impossible, I don't expect to "learn" any of them completely through this, but DL lets me know at least which way to road is going to turn, a great thing when driving blind.:lol:

I've ran ss01 with it off and on and was 3 seconds quicker without the driving line. My only advice for this one, Don't Blink! Great stage design too by the way.

I have SS01 downloaded, and wow, it is much longer then I had expected. I can never seem to get the first corner right. :(

Rally Sweden delayed until after Spec 2.0 Update! Target date is Wednesday!

GROUP B - cancelled altogether this season for lack of sign-ups.

WRC and Promotions Class goes as planned.

Car specs and regulations coming soon!

Sweden SS02 - Online Now!

Add me on PSN and download the track: GTP_Masicampo

Rally Sweden delayed until after Spec 2.0 Update! Target date is Wednesday!

GROUP B - cancelled altogether this season for lack of sign-ups.

WRC and Promotions Class goes as planned.

Car specs and regulations coming soon!

Sweden SS02 - Online Now!

Add me on PSN and download the track: GTP_Masicampo
Did you PM Nepalli?

BTW, I think it's very good to be waiting until just after the update, who knows what we'll get, so this should work out best. (less surprises this way :D )

Hmm, no Group B? Fine by me. Let me know what cars are available on the WRC and Promotion class Masi.

Sorry Nep, forgot to notify you. The 206 and the Corolla has 1 spot each :) I'd go for the 206 if you ask me :sly:

Also, something about the duration of Rallies. If everyone has finished their stage runs, we can finish early and have a 1 day intermission to compile and tally the results, then we move to the next Round 👍

Gonna have to check if I have the 206.

500th post:D

Edit: Can you watch me tomorrow in case I DO have the 206? I have practiced SS01 so Im ready to go. I'll just do a few more laps, since its a new car and then Im good to go

Double Edit: Signed up on the 206. If I dont have it, then oh well...

Sorry Nep, forgot to notify you. The 206 and the Corolla has 1 spot each :) I'd go for the 206 if you ask me :sly:

Also, something about the duration of Rallies. If everyone has finished their stage runs, we can finish early and have a 1 day intermission to compile and tally the results, then we move to the next Round 👍
Let me see if I got this straight, I've been unclear from day one.:lol:

We have 14 days to run all three tracks with our car for each stage? Example: Day 3, track 1, day 5, track 2, day 12, track 3, like this? (Or any other order of all three done in the 14 days)

Gonna have to check if I have the 206.

500th post:D

Edit: Can you watch me tomorrow in case I DO have the 206? I have practiced SS01 so Im ready to go. I'll just do a few more laps, since its a new car and then Im good to go

Double Edit: Signed up on the 206. If I dont have it, then oh well...
If you don't have it, I'll send you one, no problem there.👍

@ CSL - Oui, oui! You can all of the stages in no particular order as long as you do it within the set time limit. But since there's a possibility that everyone could finish early within that period, why not move ahead with the next Rally? :D

But yes, you are correct.

Wait... we have already started the Sweden Rally? :dunce:

Don't I have to be confirmed by another driver in the series to have an official time? I'm still a little confused. :( Are we all going to gather up or just get someone who's on and get some times down?

NO! As i posted above, Rally Sweden is still not on until after the Spec 2.0 Update! :)

We still need the Car Specifics and Regulations for each car (will be released soon) to be able to run at all.

:cheers:

@ CSL - Oui, oui! You can all of the stages in no particular order as long as you do it within the set time limit. But since there's a possibility that everyone could finish early within that period, why not move ahead with the next Rally? :D

But yes, you are correct.

Ok, I see your point. Not sure people will be that gung ho to finish real early, but you never know.

Can't wait to get this started, I have to go download your track now :scared: should have been practicing it this whole time.:lol:

👍 SS02 - Snow!

I kinda hate how the snow tracks are still too wide though even at minimum width.

I wish we could add some trees in these tracks - just no character. Should make it more challenging - harder to see the around corners in advance. And where the h*ll are those jumps!? :/

RallySweden2.png

So we get all these off you Masi?
I can share some once I download them, annoying it has to be one at a time.:irked:

Oh, you can share them, too? I thought once you download them it's locked and can't be shared since you are not the original owner... but yeah, if you could, then yes - you can.

By the way, stage 1 and 2 are switched :)

One question: Is it possible to play a PAL replay off of an NTSC PS3 using a PAL account? I was hoping i could upload the top 3 replay onboards - ala real WRC. I assume no, eh?

Oh, you can share them, too? I thought once you download them it's locked and can't be shared since you are not the original owner... but yeah, if you could, then yes - you can.

By the way, stage 1 and 2 are switched :)

One question: Is it possible to play a PAL replay off of an NTSC PS3 using a PAL account? I was hoping i could upload the top 3 replay onboards - ala real WRC. I assume no, eh?
You need a PAL GT5 disc to view PAL replays, that's all from what I understand. I know between 2 guys in the WRS they made a mixed video already.
Here's a video of all podiums (4 through 1) in last WRS rally event.
Here's how they did it.

I'm afraid the knowing is about all I'm good for in this area though.

EDIT: And yes, anyone that has downloaded a track can upload(share) it for more to download.

Edit #2: I downloaded the snow track, so when you get the other one up let me know.👍 (Snow course is now shared by me also)

Last edited:
Just been cannonballing through this track for the first time :D
Great work on the stage, enjoyed hurtling through some of those corners and crashing into those amazingly strong bits of tape(?) around the track :sly:

@ CSL - I have two copies if i count my brother's but we both have NTSC copies. Sad.

Stage 1 and 2 are custom tracks while the Power Stage is Eiger short track - wet... although we'll see what 2.0 will give us. Maybe some changes at hand. Biggest surprise is Pikes Peak! Got all my toes crossed on this one.

I'll have Stage 1 online if that's the one you're pertaining too.

P.S. Been meaning to ask, who's the chick on your AV?

@ Biff - thanks! I wish we could have more flexibilities with the course maker. Trees, Obstacles, and Jumps!

@ CSL - I have two copies if i count my brother's but we both have NTSC copies. Sad.

Stage 1 and 2 are custom tracks while the Power Stage is Eiger short track - wet... although we'll see what 2.0 will give us. Maybe some changes at hand. Biggest surprise is Pikes Peak! Got all my toes crossed on this one.

I'll have Stage 1 online if that's the one you're pertaining too.

P.S. Been meaning to ask, who's the chick on your AV?

@ Biff - thanks! I wish we could have more flexibilities with the course maker. Trees, Obstacles, and Jumps!
All I know is I have the snow course you had up when I posted that, I think SS02, but not 100% sure. I assume they'll both be snow now?
If Pikes Peak shows up we'll have to do something special for it, without a doubt.:)
Still scared of Spec II, I'll save enthusiasm until I'm 100% certain nothing tragic has happened.:scared: Fingers crossed, 3 hours I think...

Demi Lovato :)

Pikes Peak... I haven't been on that course in years... hopefully it's back. Now I wonder, Masi you said Eiger will be wet depending on what Spec II may give us. Now, will it be raining or will the track just be wet?

CSLACR

I knew it!

I thought if you're playing in HD which I'm sure most of us are, it's not bound by PAL or NTSC. I have a couple of games from overseas and they play just fine. I know the discs are region marked.

Pikes Peak... I haven't been on that course in years... hopefully it's back. Now I wonder, Masi you said Eiger will be wet depending on what Spec II may give us. Now, will it be raining or will the track just be wet?
Unless Spec II turns out to have more then PD gave off, everything should be the same, I believe.
Which would be raining wet, I think.

But there's always hope for tracks.:D

I knew it!
I'm actually surprised how many people have asked about her.
Maybe I'm not delusional after all. :dopey:

I thought if you're playing in HD which I'm sure most of us are, it's not bound by PAL or NTSC. I have a couple of games from overseas and they play just fine. I know the discs are region marked.
It's come up a few times in the WRS, the answers always that you need a PAL disc to watch a PAL replay, I'm not sure why though.(some type of different format, obviously)

hello i just signed up for a promtion class 1999 impreza ummmm what do i do now? lol i just signed up

All I know is I have the snow course you had up when I posted that, I think SS02, but not 100% sure. I assume they'll both be snow now?
If Pikes Peak shows up we'll have to do something special for it, without a doubt.:)
Still scared of Spec II, I'll save enthusiasm until I'm 100% certain nothing tragic has happened.:scared: Fingers crossed, 3 hours I think...

I meant to have stage 1 as snow and stage 2 as gravel, but i got them mixed up. I would've like to have all the stages as snow, but i just hate the width of the snow theme. Eiger has snow anyway... in the back-drop atleast :sly:

Pikes Peak can be a season finale stage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back