H-Shifter Racing League [HSRL] - Season 1 - COMPLETE

• Thread starter LFA
  • 235 comments

Which race would you like to be our league's first official race?

• Total voters

LFA

[GTL]
Premium
DanZo337

hsrlslogan.png

logo_120-2.png

"Footage is from our first season (before v1.06); 250HP - 800KG - Sports Softs. FYI, there IS a pace car leading the pack."

logo_965.png

Here at the H-shifter Racing League, we are a group of drivers that are geared for nothing but the utmost realism in driving simulation.
It is a group that is strictly based on the use of the H-shifter and clutch in hope to enhance the online experience
for the people who spent the extra time and money to use their simulation investments.

logo_962.png

64px-empty_starsvg_nayv-1.png
G25/G27 and Fanatec wheel owners ONLY.
64px-empty_starsvg_nayv-1.png

Custom seasons.
Custom tracks.
Custom ranking system.
Unique car-tuning system.
Pace car usage.
Prizes offerings.
In-race photo collection.
Youtube video collection.
Private GTP Group Discussions.

logo_9611.png

19 years of age or older.

Performance points restrictions.
No driver aids.
H-shifter vehicles only.
Must use H-shifter & clutch in races.
No dirty driving; keep it clean.
Ranked races will be reviewed.
Respect your fellow league members.

logo_9610.png

After being approved, you will be able to signup for our races.

logo_966.png

03/11/11 - Deep Forest Raceway has a section on the third turn (a concrete patch) in which does not give an in-game penalty for cutting across it. However, I will be enforcing it myself that it is not allowed for you to drive across (4 wheels on the concrete) during the race. Doing so will result in a 10 second penalty for each time that you drive across it.

Rocky Rains forecast this week predicts that there is only a 50% chance of showers for race day, so a heads up to everybody, you will have some tire choice options this week. You can take the risk and drive on Sports Softs OR drive on your rain tires. Intermediate tires will also be allowed during the race. Keep note that I will be checking everyone's tires this race to ensure no racing slicks are on anybody's car. If I catch anybody doing so, it will result in an automatic D.Q. for the race. Foggy conditions are also a possibility at Rocky Rains this weekend.

We will proceed with the usual, 5 lap qualifying round before our first race at Deep Forest and reverse order grid for the following races. Might I ask that nobody manually starting races themselves please this week (lawn chair guy) to help maintain a smooth race.

For anyone that is looking for some last second practice, the league's Top Tier Lap Times have been posted on my GT5 wall for you to gauge your car's performance.

Lobby will be open at 1PM EST -5, and the race will start at 2PM EST -5.

If you have any questions, please deter from posting them here (keep this thread clean for new member registration) and post them in our group's Division 3 preliminary discussion or feel free to PM me.​

Thanks very much,
DanZo337 aka LFA
- HSRL Coordinator -

eventsbig.png

logo_300-1.png

hsrldiv1.png
hsrldiv2-3-1.png

hsrldiv3.png
hsrldiv4-1.png

(Due to v1.07 update, there are new tire restrictions; Please equip your vehicles with Sports Softs / Racing Wet tires.)

logo_969.png

Division Points Leaders
Division 1 Champion [FF] - Integra Type-R Touring Car
Division 2 Champion [MR] - Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car
Division 3 Champion [FR] - Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Division 4 Champion [AWD] - Atenza Touring Car

Overall Points Leaders
1st Place -$5,000,000
2nd Place - $2,000,000
3rd Place - $1,000,000

hsrltracks.png

hsrldiv1-1.png
hsrldiv2.png

hsrldiv3-1.png
hsrldiv4-1-1-1.png

logo_120-3.png

logo_962.png

yeya.png

schedbig.png

logo_9614.png

hsrldiv1.png

Race #1 - Date: Week 1 - COMPLETE – FF PP450 @ Clubman Stage Route 5
Race #2 - Date: Week 1 - COMPLETE – FF PP450 @ [HSRL] Rocky Rains
logo_9615.png

user155472_pic20899_1298848396-1-1.jpg

(Photo taken by: caliwator)

logo_9614.png

hsrldiv2-3-1.png

Date: Week 2 - COMPLETE – MR PP500 @ Trial Mountain
Date: Week 2 - COMPLETE – MR PP500 @ [HSRL] Rocky Rains
logo_9615.png

TrialMountainCircuit-1-1.jpg

logo_9614.png

hsrldiv3.png

Date: Week 3 - Saturday March 5th, 2011 – FR PP500 @ Deep Forest Speedway
Date: Week 3 - Saturday March 5th, 2011 – FR PP500 @ [HSRL] Rocky Rains
logo_9615.png

logo_9614.png

hsrldiv4-1.png

Date: Week 4 TBA** – AWD PP500 @ Tokyo R246
Date: Week 4 TBA** – AWD PP500 @ [HSRL] Rocky Rains
logo_9615.png

logo_967.png

{ 1st }
{ 2nd }
{ 3rd }
{ 4 }
{ 5 }
{ 5 }
{ 6 }
{ 7 }
{ 7 }
{ 9 }
{ 10 }
{ 11 }
{ 12 }
{ 13 }
{ 14 }
{ 15 }
{ 16 }​

champendur.png

hsrldiv1.png

Date: Week 5 TBA** – FF PP450 @ [HSRL] Desert Dips
logo_9615.png

champendur.png

hsrldiv2-3-1.png

Date: Week 6 TBA** – MR PP500 @ [HSRL] Desert Dips
logo_9615.png

champendur.png

hsrldiv3.png

Date: Week 7 TBA** – FR PP500 [HSRL] Desert Dips
logo_9615.png

champendur.png

hsrldiv4-1.png

Date: Week 8 TBA** – AWD PP500 [HSRL] Desert Dips
logo_9615.png

[HSRL] Recordkeeping
:
Season 1 Results & Registrars

Current Member Count: 44

Last edited:
Exactly how you going to police this?
How will you be able to tell someone has a pad or a wheel?

Good question, by sending pictures of their setups.

I am looking to group together only the people who were serious about the G27/G25 when they purchased it and you can tell that simply by looking at their setup. This will filter out the pretend drivers from the real drivers easily.

Last edited:
I'll bite ... got a pic of my rig in the works. No recent pic, but I guarantee that it's a G25 setup. Our time zones match pretty close, so I should be okay to participate.

ProjectTuning
Central time

Basic rig design ...
165337_10150164433829325_721224324_8332259_1773121_n.jpg

Inverted G25 pedals ...
167319_10150164436014325_721224324_8332268_4984772_n.jpg

I'll bite ... got a pic of my rig in the works. No recent pic, but I guarantee that it's a G25 setup. Our time zones match pretty close, so I should be okay to participate.

DAMN dude! That looks crazy lol. 👍

If I had the space I might've let myself get creative like that.. but you're in. :)

I'll plan to get a pic of the test setup tonight. Got the frame done and wheel mounted ... just have to tweak it a little and finish the sides and such. =) Thanks for the compliment.

Also, see the thread I'm about to make about some other racing.

Just remembered some thing I found a bit amusing.

Came across someone with a wheel last night online.. Was thinking awesome, maybe we'll have another person to join since he was a pretty good driver and all.. then he cried about how his arms get tired from the force feedback being to strong on his G27.. so he doesn't use it much. Didn't bother telling him about the league after that :S.

Is this the case for most of you? I love the feedback personally, I think it's wicked when the pits start sweating from gripping tight on the Nurb. ^_^;

LFA
Just remembered some thing I found a bit amusing.

Came across someone with a wheel last night online.. Was thinking awesome, maybe we'll have another person to join since he was a pretty good driver and all.. then he cried about how his arms get tired from the force feedback being to strong on his G27.. so he doesn't use it much. Didn't bother telling him about the league after that :S.

Is this the case for most of you? I love the feedback personally, I think it's wicked when the pits start sweating from gripping tight on the Nurb. ^_^;

Yeah, the Nurb is brutal, but the race I used to grind money was the German car race at Nordscliefe using a stock Audi R8 V10, did this daily for hours and weeks on end, got my shoulder muscles built up, lol.

Try a kart on the Ring. I got blisters on my fingers just after 2 laps.
Gotta do a pic of my setup tonight.

Too many times have I felt like I am at a disadvantage racing with randoms online; I have to clutch & shift, risking mis-shifts AND dealing with force-feedback while they simply just click-click buttons with their index fingers and drive with their thumbs (sorry but sixaxis vibration doesn't account for feedback .)

I'm not a wheel user, but as a DS3 user I am constantly feeling like I am at the disadvantage, as when I steer it's either 0, 50% or 100% lock, and when I accelerate, its 0, 50% or 100% throttle. Haha.

If you feel too disadvantaged I will trade? :sly:

Starting to feel a bit differently about the wheel being SO much of a disadvantage. I guess it took some time for me to really get used to it; starting to counter-steer naturally now, learned that you definitely have to be completely focused and pretty damn aggressive, being passive doesn't get the job done. Although still missing gears once in a while, but it's probably because I get a bit anxious since I choose to shift late.

Why don't you let the fanatec wheels in aswell. Just a tip. I'm not competing because I'm in other leagues and I'm with a DFGT.

I'll give this a try. Looking to get back into racing and wanted to do it right this time. Haven't played since GT4 so I need as much practice as possible. And please no comments on the actual chair.:lol: It was free.

PSN: nmcp1
Time zone: Eastern Time US
Racing setup:

Last edited:
LOL! Looks like you have to climb in to the chair to get in.

PVC was one of my first thoughts when I was going to build my own, you're in.

No way the wheel is a disadvantage. Once you get used to it it's a much better method of control.

And on FFB, I love it. I think the complaints come from people used to things like the Microsoft wheel that have, essentially, 0 FFB. Those are always the people that complain when driving PC sims too. I have turned down the FFB on my G25 a little for GT5, but have been considering bumping it up at least one more tick. Decent FFB is the main way to feel what the car is doing. Without it is like driving with one eye or one hand.

I got the G25 for PC sims (rFactor, LFS, GTR2, etc) and have been using it for about 2 years. If the FFB on a game is wearing someone out, they just need more time with it. I've done endurance races on PC sims with several 2 hour stints and did an 8 hour enduro at Bathurst once essentially by myself (drove 6.5 of the 8 hours). And, to be honest, it's noting compared to a couple of runs at a real autocross event (~60 sec runs for a long course) in a car like mine (pretty heavy).

Why don't you let the fanatec wheels in aswell. Just a tip. I'm not competing because I'm in other leagues and I'm with a DFGT.

Wasn't aware of other clutch H-patterns being available on the market, will definitely consider this.👍

No way the wheel is a disadvantage. Once you get used to it it's a much better method of control.

Slowly starting to realize it with more hours on. Noticing my little mistakes here and there, like my lack of heel-toe on hard braking in to corners. Didn't think I'd would actually have to learn to heel-toe on a game. :dunce:

The wheel is NOT any form of disadvantage IMO. There is a small learning curve I'd say but I've had a G27 for less than two weeks and can now drive so much better in game and real life, it's crazy. First ever wheel... other than the one's I've been using on real cars for 22 years ;)

Drifting is much easier without a wheel but after a couple of months of practice, it would again, become easier to make minute adjustments that a DS3 doesn't facilitate.

I don't think I'll match up with your timezones though, else I'd love to join. I'm GMT +1 so that is around 5-6 hrs ahead of you.

What type of cars will we be running? I generally don't use the H-pattern since the clutch support in GT5 is mediocre at best, but could use it if it makes sense with the car we're driving. If that's the point of the league, I'm fine with it. =) I love the H-pattern, but am used to better support in PC sims.

I hope they fix that in an update.

Talking of toe/heel, LFA... It seriously requires crazy precision as it stands. I can do it most of the time but if the revs aren't almost perfect, it fails. I'd never done it before but decided I'd learn (along with drifting) with my G27. Shame it's been made harder to do than it is real life, I've since found out.

Still... I never use the paddles and it's made my gear changing far more precise, as a welcome side effect.

I believe the heel/toe difficulty in GT5 is increased due to the poor clutch support, which is worse with the very soft (in comparison to RL) brake pedal on the G25. On GT5 you basically have to do every step individually since the clutch must be 100% depressed to engage the gear. You should have a bit more leeway with the engagement.

What type of cars will we be running? I generally don't use the H-pattern since the clutch support in GT5 is mediocre at best, but could use it if it makes sense with the car we're driving. If that's the point of the league, I'm fine with it. =) I love the H-pattern, but am used to better support in PC sims.

Currently drawing up an event list since we are half way of reaching the minimum amount of people. :drool:

As mentioned, it's going to be HP / Weight ranged races with increments of 50hp differences in the events. There will be production car battles as well as touring class / racing modification restricted races. JGTC, Super GT, Nascar, and possibly even F1 just to name a few.

To keep it competitive for the production car class, I'll be studying some of the cars, and see what would be good matches. For instance, S2000 Vs. NSX is one that I have in mind with a 460hp cap. STi vs Evo battles with a 560 cap is one that I will have for sure.

Lower HP races are going to be Honda based, since they dominate the 4 cylinder class anyway, and yes, these are going to be H-shifter races.

Choice of shift method will be based on what the cars are in real life (paddle shifters for sequential since G27 doesn't have seq. option. :() Although there is no real way of enforcing this, I'm hoping you all choose to be honest in the races to keep it fun :)

Last edited:
I believe the heel/toe difficulty in GT5 is increased due to the poor clutch support, which is worse with the very soft (in comparison to RL) brake pedal on the G25. On GT5 you basically have to do every step individually since the clutch must be 100% depressed to engage the gear. You should have a bit more leeway with the engagement.

+1

Update please PD. Don't punish the guys who've spent more cash on 'supporting' your game than many.

Full support for the G27... nothing less!

I'm honestly not sure the G25 actually has sequential support in GT5. The buttons don't change when you switch to sequential mode. I might test it, but I'm pretty sure GT5 would register a shift to 3 or 4 and back to neutral, as that's what PC titles recognize unless set up for it.

And yeah, I'm with you 100% on using the shift mode the car actually has. Was just wondering about race cars as most utilize a dog box and usually with an ignition cut.

And, FWIW, I really like lower HP races. Not sure how anyone else feels. A good 250hp race with momentum biased cars can be a real blast.

And Evo v. STi would be welcomed with open arms. Of course, the Evos will dominate. =) I've had the privilege of driving a 550whp Evo and it's breathtaking. the car was set up great, but I only took it in straight lines for tuning. I would have loved to put it through the paces at Barber or Little Tally, but it wasn't in the cards. =( Still ... a drag launch and pull to about 130 is over with QUICK.

In case our timezones do ever sync up (I'm GMT+1), here's a pic of my stuff. (It's not in position to play for the sake of the picture and I don't drive standing up :) )

166353_494623431016_720896016_6409715_2350017_n.jpg

I have little room so bought a wheelstandpro. Works a charm. Very sturdy. When I buy a bigger place I'll 'playseat' that G27 up!

Wahahaha... Yes.. Guilty as charged!

I love throw away furniture. It's like 'real furniture' only you get to put it together. It's kind of like a model kit that you had when you were a kid, only less fun to play with after.

@ParksidE001 Your setup looks very similiar to mine; Even the furniture kinda, I shop at IKEA for all my furniture lol.

I flipped the shifter plate though on my stand, to make the shifter lower than the wheel a bit. Anyways, you're in!

Just snapped a quick shot on my Blackberry ;)
IMG-20110114-00066.jpg

Yep, I love racing the low HP circuit racing; I find the races to be much more competitive. Less room for error in the upper HP range, a slight mistake can put you very far behind and can be quite discouraging for both ends.

On a side note, hoping my events list will be posted up some time today. Just trying to figure out how I should do this exactly, hard to figure out an efficient method when there's so many cars to choose from lol.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back