H-Shifter Racing League [HSRL] - Season 1 - COMPLETE

• Thread starter LFA
  • 235 comments

Which race would you like to be our league's first official race?

• Total voters
Abs is allowed, there isn't a way to disallow it in races anyway. Our main restrictions concern drivetrain, weight, power, and tires.

Thanks for your application, you've been approved and I'll process all the info when I get in tomorrow night for ya..

Welcome to the club.

Hi LFA, I'm a new member but i haven't tried to race yet. I notice you have quite a number of members already. My question is-- how can you accomodate us all (especially the new comers)?
I love driving (Real car or Gran turismo) but i'm illiterate when in comes to car specs and model. My second question-- is it possible for you to enumerate/suggest a list of cars that we can choose from every time you announce an upcoming race? Thanks!

@caliwator,

nice setup you´ve got there. I was quite interested in Fanatec gear, but found a last-min-offer on a G25, so I´ve made my decision.
As you own it, what is your opinion about the Porsche wheel? I´ve heard only good things about it, especially the belt-driven FFB-motors seem to have quite a punch.

Seb.

LFA
Sadly enough, my car is automatic.

I drove my friends car recently, I was analyzing turns as if they were corners. He then asked me, "why do you downshift so much?"

I replied "Because I'm pro from playing GT5 for 2 months."

A week later he calls me, says his clutch is fried. FML.

Hahaha... My real car has steering wheel paddles and a tiptronic gearbox. The amount of times that I've shoved the sequential gearstick to the direction of the 'manual gear' I'd like to select, insteead of forward for UP and back for DOWN, aint funny! :crazy:

@caliwator,

nice setup you´ve got there. I was quite interested in Fanatec gear, but found a last-min-offer on a G25, so I´ve made my decision.
As you own it, what is your opinion about the Porsche wheel? I´ve heard only good things about it, especially the belt-driven FFB-motors seem to have quite a punch.

Seb.

Thanks, i don't have the space for a "cockpit" so this works ok for me. It's easy to just take the wheel away when i don't use it.

The wheel is really good, i love it! I like the feel of it. It has a "quality" feel, the pedals has a nice resistance and the shifter feels great.

It's a bit noisy and i think it has some resistance when turning really fast. But i haven't tried any of the other fanatecs wheels so i don't have much reference.

Veryvery cheap wheel! I would recommend it!
👍

@cali,
That´s cool. Nevermind that, you wouldn´t believe what kinds of sounds come out from my 25. If situation gets hasty in a race, you won´t notice it anyway, I believe :)

I would like to become a member of this league. I just recently aquired a g27 and have built a full cockpit to accomodate it. I have only been using the wheel for a few days so I am still not that great but getting better everyday. What do I have to do to join.

Much like Boucher I have just upgraded to G27, and while I'm still clunking around changing gears occassionally, I'm very interested in this league. I'm in Australia and I normally race at night, can you give me an idea what time you race so I can see if our time zones are going to sync up or not?

Hi Deano, miss racing with you. How you been?

Any other types of leagues you are into? Got myself into four....three are Super GT leagues.

FWIW: I used to race in this shifter league. Loved banging gears and met some real great GT5 friends. I had gotten serious about my Super GT series and I went with a new wheel. This wheel not having a shifter would put me out here. I stayed with the G27 for awhile trying to finish the second season.

While things got a little disorganized and opinions were taken personal, I bailed off what I saw as a sinking ship, one I was asked to ride...not my ship. Anyway, it ended with me being treated like a cheat, outsider, and being shunned by the organizer.

Surely this organizer has learned from the troubles we all had. I personally hope that he has. This will help shape his future leagues.

Best of luck and don't hesitate to join in. As mentioned good group when I left. Little confusion in which the organizer seems dedicated enough to sort out.

On that come at this knowing its still being structured, add surely you can get involved into a good thing.

Danzo, wish you the best man. I truly love racing and truly love to race. As well would want all involved to have good luck and here hopes one day we can meet on the track again. :) Hope you have many races that are close, clean, and fast!!!!

Last edited:
I also loved banging gears, but I also like to actually race. This "league" was more about trying to have fancy websites and videos, while the actual racing only lasted about 15 minutes a week. When I realized the racing lasted less time than one of my tire tests for the race, that was when I lost interest. And when I expressed my view about it I was called names and booted from the league, as was Owens. So just a fair warning.

Last edited:
so i just signed up to grandturismoleagues website...but there arent many users on.....do i have to send a photo in somewhere to prove ive got a g25 setup???? the site is a big vague :(

so i just signed up to grandturismoleagues website...but there arent many users on.....do i have to send a photo in somewhere to prove ive got a g25 setup???? the site is a big vague :(

Hi bowy and welcome. Actually, GTL is seemingly in standby mode. As whole PSN is :(
There isn't much more to do than to sit it out and see what's coming. If the structurizations are finished, it may be the ideal paddock for racing.

Just discovered this thread and as a new owner of a t500rs and 'H' pattern shifter I'm looking to use it in an organised online environment and wondered if there are any people out there still racing with clutch and 'H' shifter???

Just discovered this thread and as a new owner of a t500rs and 'H' pattern shifter I'm looking to use it in an organised online environment and wondered if there are any people out there still racing with clutch and 'H' shifter???

SNAIL has a group that meet up for Manual Monday. Check their thread out.

I'd like to see some sort of consistent racing series like this one had.

Back