H-Shifter Racing League [HSRL] - Season 1 - COMPLETE

• Thread starter LFA
  • 235 comments

Which race would you like to be our league's first official race?

• Total voters
Hey Owens, what part of Indiana are you in? I'm in Anderson, one hour northeast of Indy. It's great to see I'll be racing against a fellow Hoosier! :)

The rest of you guys better look out, Hoosier's have racing in our blood!! :sly: lol, J/K

- Brandon

Monticello...bout 90 mile north of Indy.

Car Choice: Evo IX

I have some bad news! The horsepower needs to be changed to either 256 or 246; due to the lounge's inability for accurate HP choosing. What do you guys want?

Last edited:
Oh man, my bad, Evo was for another race.......

I will get something here shortly.

EDIT: Will RM or Race Cars be allowed? We looking for Street type cars?

Either HP, whatever suits the field.

I took the sport-cat off the Lotus and it dropped to 243 so I'm good with either one. I'd probably prefer the higher one, just so we can say we're a "250 race", not an "almost 250 race". lol

LFA, do you think the Lotus is going to be too quick? It's the only car I have that will fit the bill so I'll take a handicap and knock another 5 or 10 hp off if I need to.

Led86, try to:
soften the front springs
add more front camber
add more front toe out (-)
use less rear toe in (+)

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to tune it more tonight, but I'm not holding my breath. The tune I have is already doing what you suggested, as far as to make my front springs softer than rear, no rear toe, -.05 front toe, and about the same camber that my nicely tuned BMW 2002 turbo uses. The BMW 2002 handles great btw. The sprinter trueno I am using was worse for understeer than any FWD I have driven yet.

All said, I would use the BMW as it sits at 250hp right now, but is a little too heavy. I wish I could find another one so I could tune it for these races without having to make irreversable changes to it that would prevent me from running it in the Spec BMW 2002 series (also on these forums).

Nope, your laptimes looked good, no need to handicap yourself because you know how to drive :P

Owens, I left you a message on PSN regarding that.

Hi LFA, fot your PM, thanks for taking time to reply. Yes my time zone is +8. But don't worry about it, i will adjust my schedule based on your time zone. I own my time, just keep posting your sked so I can be updated. I hope you will accept me. I haven't found any group yet in the Philippines since very few are interested in this hobby due to high cost of set up.

I'll be there for the first race for sure. Think I've got the tuning on this car figured out for the most part, can run pretty consistant lap times now. I'll see you all on saturday.

Oh yeah, the power can go either way for me. I'm at 244hp right now, but adding a racing exhaust will bring it up to 254, so either works.

Vote 256 HP

As well my pick.....

1997 "Matte Black" Honda Civic Type R (EK) RM- 256HP @ 845kg

I'm fine with either HP. I think I could match either within 2 or so.

BTW, finished up my chassis tonight ...

166879_10150173981784325_721224324_8481239_6045952_n.jpg

179617_10150173981464325_721224324_8481233_911680_n.jpg

Looks like there will be plenty of civics running then! LOL

LFA... Cheers for the tuning tips on mine. I need to get a bit deeper in to that, to better understand what I'm doing. Quite a learning curve but great fun.

Catch you all tomorrow.

pEAsiDe

Monticello...bout 90 mile north of Indy.

Car Choice: Evo IX

Up by Indiana Beach, right? I've driven through there a few times, used to have family in West Lafayette.

Here's an updated picture of my setup, with it's own tv. It seems to be an ever-evolving project but I love it and it works great. Best part was, besides the wheel and tv, it was all very cheap or free (other than my labor). I got tired of scooting everything over in front of the big tv, so I just added it's own tv so it doesn't have to move.

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/wheelnewwindscreen.jpg/

And yes, that's my collection of over 150 different beer bottles next to it. lol

- Brandon

Last edited:
@BrandonW77 - Noticed the beer collection before I noticed your setup lol.

@doctsuru_69 - You've been added to the member list.

@rotarypower85 - Let me know when you pick your car, try to make it ASAP, to give everyone an idea of what they are racing.

@everyone

Ok so with 4/6 people agreeing that 246 is ok, it is confirmed that it will be 246HP since I don't expect many others to be joining the race at this point (tried to PM all the members, a lot of people seem to be busy doing something else on the game though.) as well as keep my promise of a 24 hour window before the race (to allow proper tuning time.)

If you, for whatever reason, don't like your car, try and let me know by today so I can change it, otherwise forever hold your peace for the next 4 races :-P

Last edited:
Brandon... I'm amazed that a beer drinker of your experience left out the most important thing... Where's your cup holder dude?

Oh, there's a cupholder!! It's mounted on the left side of my chair. I didn't want to have it up near the wheel just in case of an accidental spilage during heated racing. So it's down and away from any important electronics or cords.

You can't really see it in that pic, but I have a seat pad on the chair from The Ultimate Gaming Chair company. It's basically like one of those massage pads, but it plugs into the audio and rumbles/vibrates whenever I hit something/someone hits me/go over rumble strips/start losing traction. It has a knob so you can adjust the sensitivity of it and make it only react to certain levels of sounds. If I turn it up it also reacts to engine noise but that tends to overpower all the other stuff so I dial it in until it's just below the engine noise level. It's quite awesome and was only $40 USD on Amazon. And no, I don't work for them and this is not a shameless plug! lol I just kinda stumbled across it and have been incredibly pleased with it and wanted to let others know it was out there. It basically does what a Buttkicker does but for a lot cheaper and was easy to install.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled topic. :)

- Brandon

Wahahahah... Brandon. That's awesome mate. I knew you'd have one somewhere. Great job putting it all together, especially with the rumble seat. My wife would kill me if I had all of that in the front room though. For now, I'll make do with a side table with a beer and an ashtray in reachn next to my wheelstandpro.

OH.. and back on topic; I'll remove something that loses my Lime beast 3 bhp then! Fair enough.

Have a good day guys!

Brandon, Nice set up and stellar beer collection.

Indiana Beach, is like 5 minutes from my house. hahaha

You ever visit Indycarz.com it is a local car scene forum for Indy and Indiana. Great place to get in touch with other local car nuts. Granted with every forum we have our bad apples and sometimes the posting is hilariously funny but waaaaay of topic. It is relaxed where you have to start war really to get banned. Site owner is local and wants to do good things for the car community. Definitely like to have you on there.

By no mean am I spamming, I am basically inviting a local car guy to our local car site....which I mod the classifieds so its like my internets home. hehehe

On topic:

I am excited to race my little ricer. WOOT!!!!

There are even more bottles than you can see in that pic, and on the shelf above that (you can see the bottom of it) is a collection of Scotch whiskey bottles. ;)

I'll check out that site Owens, I drive a 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i in real life and love chatting with other car guys. We got some good snow yesterday so it's been a fantastic couple of days for the Subaru! That's about the only thing that can drag me away from my "fake digital driving" right now. lol

I'm really looking forward to the race too, I got some hot laps in with LFA last night and it was good stuff. The Lotus is quite a handful, but I think I got it tamed. ;)

I got in some laps with LFA last night too. I entered the room feeling like drivng God and left feeling like a snivveling child.... (AND that's no offense to children with colds either!)

I think more than 2.5 weeks using my wheel is in order and maybe I should race a bit more than spend 90% of my time, trying to drift XD

I felt that way the first few laps too, but my tires were cold and I wasn't super familiar with the track. After about 10 or 15 laps and some minor tuning adjustments I was able to start laying down some fast laps. My best time was a little over 58 seconds and I was able to get several laps within .5-1 second of that time so I felt pretty comfortable with the Angry Lotus after that. But on cold tires it's almost a lost cause!! lol The first lap or two of the race should be interesting for sure!

I forget, how many laps are we going to be running? I'm going to try to run a full practice race tonight to get a feel for things under race conditions.

Not to parade on your discussion but would you guys mind shifting it over to the group section? Trying to prevent the thread from getting too long and keep it short and simple for new comers to go through.

I am planning to dedicate this thread to just registration and main event info.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

is my photo avatar good enough as proof.i could send a heap of full size photo's for proof.using the H shiftr is cool,compression lock ups...sounds good when u do it too :)

Back