H-Shifter Racing League [HSRL] - Season 1 - COMPLETE

• Thread starter LFA
  • 235 comments

Which race would you like to be our league's first official race?

• Total voters
If 250/800 is the target, I happened across a great car for it in my garage. One that I just randomly picked up in the UCD because it looked kinda neat. She's a little twitchy (tried it out with the DS3 tonight) but it should be a great little car for the race. Also got a backup planned in case the specs move a little.

And, off topic ... the Caterham Fireblade I have is only like ~450kg!? Wow!

I've got one but she's a little on the plump side at 806 kg......is 800 absolute max or do we have a little wiggle room? And are we going with tuned cars up to 250hp for the first race or totally stock?

250hp @ 800kg, tuned or stock, up to you, as long as you are within that range, and with Sports softs. I find when cars (MR in particular) reach under 800, they become overpowered around the corners, like the Elise. Not fair for the people who are going to be running fwd.

Time to see what I have with 250bhp in my garage, by the look of it :)

I think My Elise is already a little over. An R-Type maybe... Hmmmm?

Looks like I need to sift through my garage for a 250 hp gem. and preliminary thoughts on a weight restriction?

Oh, and I thought of something while designing the banner ... a GTR battle would be awesome. Any GTR from R32 to the new one. It could be called, "Godzilla destroys Tokyo." Obviously, it would be held on the Tokyo street circuit.

Oooh. A chance to splash my Xanavi Nismo R out in the future :)

Nmcp, the weight restriction is a minimum, not a maximum. You can run 800kg+. You may know that, but I just noticed you said Max in your post.

Looks like mine is exactly 250/800. I hope it drives okay.

Obviously.. Clutch. Why would you buy these particular wheels and not use the clutch? Lol.

Looks like the first race will be 250HP; 800kg; sports softs. So it's safe to start tuning your circuit cars people.

Tracks will be listed later in the day.

@TouringBubble good find, closest I could get was 245@810 I think.

Can you use the H shifter 'without' the clutch?

Discovered this by accident. If you click a paddle to shift then got to the shifter itself and put it in a gear it will switch with out clutch. :crazy:

Last edited:
@ LFA

i dunno,
better FFB then other wheels?
good build quality?

i use clutchless h-shifter all the time.

never really liked clutch since theres no feeling in it.

Hey Owensracing

That's news to me. I've had a few times that I've needed to change to 7th and used the paddles to flip up a gear but hadn't noticed that after.

Personally I use the clutch a lot to help control the power sent to my wheels if I need to pull the car in on a corner, iniate shift lock if needed etc...

I can't imagine not wanting to use it...

Discovered this by accident. If you click a paddle to shift then got to he shifter itself and put it in a gear it will switch with clutch. :crazy:

Yes a friend of mine uses that trick.

800kg/250hp sounds so sweet. That's the exact sort of low power race I'm looking for. Too bad I most probably can't participate due to the time difference.

If some is suspected of running without it, I think you can have marshals watch the race from the room and go to the person and do a view on them. You can tell by the shifting if they are using the clutch. . so one would think.

I just wouldn't want to. I'm so used to the time and distance required, when shifting with clutch, controlling when I want the power to go back down. It wouldn't help (me) at all.

I tested myself with lap times, using paddles and then clutch/ H shift... Suffice to say I was a lot quicker using the old school method. I have paddles in my real car even, it's not like I'm not used to them.

Nmcp, the weight restriction is a minimum, not a maximum. You can run 800kg+. You may know that, but I just noticed you said Max in your post.

TouringBubble,

Thanks for the clarification. This being my first time with online racing I'm a little off with the lingo. Looks like the car I have will work. Looking forward to the first race!

Any ideas on when this is going to happen?

No problem nmcp. Just remember that lighter cars are faster, therefore rules exist to keep them from being too light.

As far as the shifter is concerned, I don't think it makes sense to use a clutch and h shifter on a 458. I'll use the paddles on that car as it's simulating how it really drives. Same with a Daytona Prototype ... I'll use the sequential shifter. But, if it's a production based car with a manual box, I'll use the clutch.

Well said ProjectTuning, thanks for the clarifying others.

@nmcp1 I'm aiming for this weekend, I will list the tracks and point tree system tonight, and a signup sheet for people to confirm they can participate in this event.

im i too late to join in gents, i have a g27 and love using the clutch. im good at racing but crap at putting pictures up and pc in genaral. after reading the posts above i also see the time zone could be a problem, im in the uk ,gmt-0 i think.
is there any chance i could be put in as provisional for the minute to see how i get on with the times.
PSN-D34NO_33
WHEEL-G27-PLAYSEAT
ill get some help with the picture of setup.

Count me in!
PSN ID: doctsuru_69
time zone: Hong-kong time (I'm from the Philippines)
Set-up: Logitech G25

Don't know how to paste pix so I'll just send the address of GTP members' album:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=1589

Online stores don't ship to the Philippine so I customized my own race seat. Total Cost: USD 143 ($33 - 2nd hand car seat, $75 - labor cost for welding the frame, $12 - wooden plank, $23 - 1 1/4" metal pipes).

Had some good practice with LFA tonight, learned a bit, did some tuning, might change my choice of 250hp car. Either that or try to tune the massive understeer out of my sprinter trueno. We will see I guess. Just wish my BMW 2002 turbo was a little lighter, would be a very good performer, but can't keep up in the straights being 175kg porkier than the lower limit.

The only car I could find in my garage that I could get down to a decent wait was the Lotus Elise 111 (I believe). It's the one I had to buy for the seasonal event. Got it down to 808kg and right on 250hp. The thing is fast, and if I can tune the large amounts of power-oversteer out of it, I should have a pretty good track car. I only had time to take it out on a few practice laps last night so I didn't get to mess with the suspension much, it handles pretty good as long as I'm VERY gentle with the throttle inputs. If I can get it dialed in, it should be a contender. If I can't get it dialed in, I might become known as Captain Oversteer. lol

I should be online tonight and tomorrow night so if anybody else will be on track and wants to get some practice in, feel free to add me. PSN ID: BrandonW77. I do have a mic. I only have a few friends on my list so far so I'd love to add some good quality drivers so I can have better online races. Going to a public lobby is a real crapshoot and they tend to be quite unorganized. Look forward to meeting you guys on track!

BrandonW77

I have a great Elise that I took the bulk of a tune from TeamLotusGT5... In the 'tuning' section there are also some tried and tested tunes (by vengence tuning, Lotus and some other ''tuning house'.

They use higher horses in their set ups but the grip and lack of understeer is immediately apparent. I don't see why it would'nt work with a car in the 250 range also.

I'm probably going to use a tuned Civic R Type. It will be quite heavy compared to some but I set it up nicely. Depending on the track, it could still be a blast.

That's all provided that the race runs at a time I can actually play (GMT +1) o.O

Last edited:
Led86, try to:
soften the front springs
add more front camber
add more front toe out (-)
use less rear toe in (+)

Stigs Hero, try:
softer rear springs
stiffer front springs
more rear toe in (+)

The polyurethane on my chassis is drying as I type. Put a second coat on the top this morning. Should be ready for final assembly this afternoon. Haven't driven it since Sunday and am looking forward to practice.

Working on it, fell behind schedule yesterday, got a bit distracted last night by friends and beer (ask rotarypower85 lol.) It won't be A track, it will be a few consecutive races, can't let you guys win the 250k that easily (although beating me alone will be a tough enough task to accomplish! hehe :-P)

First race is confirmed to be 10 laps of London though as me and rotary were messing around on it last night and was fun as hell. It is a nice and easy course with a couple technical bends and straights (average 1 minute laps.)

As for everyone else requesting registration, don't worry, I haven't forgot about you, check your inboxes.

Last edited:
Back