H-Shifter Racing League [HSRL] - Season 1 - COMPLETE

• Thread starter LFA
  • 235 comments

Which race would you like to be our league's first official race?

• Total voters
No... considered it and then ordered the wheelstandpro. The FFB alone would shatter the legs off of most Ikea products >.<

Gotta run. My timezone has some advantages. It's Beer O'Clock.

I'll keep track of what's happening over the weekend and LFA, I also like lower powered races. They're challenging.

LFA
Just trying to figure out how I should do this exactly, hard to figure out an efficient method when there's so many cars to choose from lol.

Save yourself the effort and just set arbitrary limits on weight and HP based on the track you choose. for instance, Autumn Ring Mini/Tsukuba would be for lower powered cars, LeMans/Norscheilfe would be for faster cars and Monaco would be for higher HP cars with downforce.

If you pick the car you want to use then you might be handicapping others if you're not careful.

Hello, Greetings

Question about your setups (Wheel / Pedal Mounts)

regarding the wheel stand pro, do you have to Stand up at the wheel, to play?

can anyone design me a sturdy support, so my pedals dont slip away from my feet every half lap ? I will buy it from Ebay from you, I am offering up to $150 + freight , for a mount for wheel and pedals, I use my own sofa or chair to sit, thanks.

I don't have a large room, (i live in a 400 sq ft condo) but I can make a mess of things, to play GT5 peperly, I don't mind :) (Sorry Dear!)

Oo nice, are you chillicokes friend?

I watched his vids when I was looking to buy a G27; crazy stuff. Anyways, you're in! Thanks for the PM, was racing so I wasn't paying attention to the puter :P

Potential race/event ideas have been posted, need some opinions and ideas. Prize cars / money is yet to be determined until we can confirm some races with the right amount of people.

Enough work for me today, going for a drive~

I'm in with my G25 and custom made rig if it works around the BMW 2002 series I am in (races at 9:30pm EST saturday evenings) . I am a big fan of lower hp races, to an extent I actually search them out. Driving with the g25 is a real challenge, I don't use any aids at all, not even ABS. I can post pics of my rig later on saturday.

LFA
Oo nice, are you chillicokes friend?

I watched his vids when I was looking to buy a G27; crazy stuff. Anyways, you're in! Thanks for the PM, was racing so I wasn't paying attention to the puter :P

Nah I don't know him but his rig was the main inspiration for my build. I purchased his adapter for my steering wheel to show some love.

Hahaha... NIce set up LFA. It reminds me of home :)

I'm really happy with the wheelstandpro. It cost me 107 EURO inc. shipping and arrived in 4 days, from Poland to Amsterdam. Not bad service huh. Glad I sourced this online. It was the kind of thing I hoped someone would make, so many people have a similar issue with how to mount their kit once bought.

Catch u later guys. Looking forward to a bit of online :)

Re: Races

I believe as it's a new group, we should all have a blast in something from the online garage. Something like and Imprezza v EVO challenge would be a laugh. Very controllable too and equal BHP. It would help while we all get used to driving together and following some basic race principles, pre-decided. I'm not used to competitive racing, in real life, other than watching on TV or racing Go Karts with mates. That's about it. So again... something around 276 BHP or less would make for a nice intro. Circuit wise, let's not begin on something like the Nurburgring either, IMO. That would be an accident waiting to happen, LOL.

The RPM has to be very accurate to engage gear... Nothing more. Can be frustrating when trying to heel/toe but for the most part, it just improves your engine awareness. No bad thing really. Apart from that, it feels great.

The RPM has to be very accurate to engage gear... Nothing more. Can be frustrating when trying to heel/toe but for the most part, it just improves your engine awareness. No bad thing really. Apart from that, it feels great.

Fair enough... How you getting on with my Elise tune?

After a night of driving, happy to say that I am heel-toe'ing naturally without thinking now, hooo-ya. Not sure when you mean by clutch lacking full support, are you talking about pedal feedback? Since I got the wheel I always thought pedal/shifter feedback would be awesome.

I watched reviews on the Fanatec wheels and personally, I'll say that I am happy going with the G27. The shifter isn't glue'd to the wheel via long steel poles, and the clicking the shifter makes would drive me nuts on the Fanatec wheels.

Although those Porsche wheels definitely got some potential but I still think the G27 has the upper hand; if only I could remap the keys, I'd be 100% satisfied.

After driving 200 laps of Tsukuba, it gave me some time to think.

Do you guys think it'd be wise to open up the league to Fanatec wheel users? Seems like a couple people have been mentioning it lately. Initial thoughts for me is that it'd be ok, seeing that they also have a clutch and h-shifter.

Last edited:
Let them in! I for one would like to race with other wheels. Hoping my nephew goes Fanatec next month.

I personally have been lusting over the specs on the Thrustmast wheel. I want just the wheel then be able to use my G27- shifter/pedals...which are inverted and brake modded.

I am in on this gear bangers ball! :)

PSN: OwensRacing

Time: Eastern on from 8pm-12am any given weeknight and open all weekend. Love to race and prefer clean races. LOVE to do a 69 Z28 RM race with everyone shifting. . . mmmm

My set up:
G27
SRT4 Viper inspired seat (60 dollar find)
Custom Built Cockpit (Note I grew up in my old mans welding and machine shop....so this was simple and free)

Pics:
Untitled.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Me test fitting during fab.............this was an fab as I go project. I have measurement from my Evo 8's interior layout and went from there. Got as close I could with in reason. CLutch shorter throw, it is compromised, wheel smaller......otherwise really close.

168009_1517910667527_1227324249_31236044_2312219_n.jpg

Nice rig Owens. Mine is based on my Evo as well. Had the same issue with the clutch. Close enough though ... feels like the Evo. Pretty cool.

Thanks, I will be on looking for clean Super GT races or open to matched cars of sorts.

Anyone down for 69 Z28 RM Banger races? If someone get to the point they need to switch to paddles, then I guess the honor system of a stop and go penalty....or back of the pack? OR IMO I dont care if someone switched over. . Good racing is good racing.

Prefer ABS only......all others off.

Well finally got around to pics of my rig. It includes a G25, maroon leather seat from a 1st gen RX-7 and all wood construction. Its not really based on any design out there, just made things to place the wheel, pedals, and shifter where I wanted them.

PSN: rotarypower85
Time Zone: Eastern Standard, Canada

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back