Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 41 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 552 93.1%

• Total voters
I feel you on that point.......However to show the player(s) those cars up for sale (The freaking Hagerty Lot) and only have a week is kind of a mean/Richard move to pull. Especially for players that want to have time invested into the game. They should have increase the payouts for patch 1.07/1.08 not nerf them.

TBH my main issue isn't the price tag but the time we are allowed to purchase the car plus the credit payouts after the race. Let's be fair, if the WTC800 was paying out 90-100k per race (before applying the clean race bonus) and then keep the prize credits where it is for winning the championship, I would be more than happy to grind that out. Hell, even giving me a ticket or some performance parts as a random award with it would make me grind it out more.
The way I see the situation with showing you the cars in the Hagerty garage is that it gives you something to aspire towards. Similar to seeing a high level player on an RPG with the rare and powerful equipment.

I do see others points on this and it may well be frustrating, but I see it in the way I mentioned above, which I hope was the intention.

The way I see the situation with showing you the cars in the Hagerty garage is that it gives you something to aspire towards. Similar to seeing a high level player on an RPG with the rare and powerful equipment.

I do see others points on this and it may well be frustrating, but I see it in the way I mentioned above, which I hope was the intention.
Like I said before I feel you on your point(s).

@XSquareStickIt should've made the poll results public so we can name & shame the people contributing to the problem ;)
Everybody has the right to spend what they like how they like if that is a problem to you then go get a proper education so you can earn more than everybody else who doesnt care what other people spend their hard earned on.

Last edited:
Everybody has the right to spend what they like how they like if that is a problem to you then go get a proper education so you can earn more than everybody else who doesnt care what other people spend their hard earned on.
You’re oversimplifying the whole thing.

I'll start by saying that I did on GTSport. My logic was that I bought the game late for half price, and enjoyed it enough to warrant spending a bit of the difference on some mtx cars. That was a much fairer system (though I can still see the point that it shouldn't be in a full price game to start with) than what we see here.

So, no. I have not, and will not spend on GT7 mtx on principle alone.

No, not willing to do so. The pricing is far from reallity. I do not have a ptoblem with MTX in general nor in GT series, but 20 € for 2 Mill is more than far off. Seeing the comment on future plans looks promising, but it yet has not been implemented. So far the PD decesions weren't user friendly, so I am still not trusting that announcment. It will be a drop of water on a hot stone I fear. This bla,bla about the fans don't see the long term idea behind all this just shows, for how silly they think their users are. Still playing GT7, cause in general it has a solid base game. But not spending any money anymore on it.

I haven't even bought GT7 yet, and if I do, I most certainly will not be purchasing any 'locked' content that I would have already essentially purchased with the game. MTXs are, IMHO, a corperate cancer, as are games that lock content away and coerce players towards parting with more and more money. They may be tollerated, and even expected, in free to play titles, but they have no place in full price games. It's also my opinion that if you cannot unlock all content in a game on one play through, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the core game design.

Zero chance of me purchasing any at this current price. It’s not even about the $$ it’s just ludicrous to think of paying the same amount for credits to buy 1 car as I paid for the game! However if the prices were to be cut say 75% I think I would buy some from time to time

I am personally curious to know how many people have purchased credits with real money in GT7.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge how successful Sony's and PD's business model is. This is not the thread to discuss how ethical microtransactions are, or to discuss the game's economy. As such, the votes will be anonymous.

I personally may have bought some credits if they were at a more reasonable price. However, the pricing is set at such a ludicrous amount that I cannot even consider the possibility of buying any credits. I think Sony or PD needs to hire a psychologist to gauge exactly how far the average player can be pushed without completely losing them.
NO.

I bought the game to race cars, not to visit an online store to buy them!!!

1648395306984.png

Nope. I bought the 25 anniversary edition, that’s more than enough already. I swear I’ll never buy any of the credit packs… ever.

I will however buy payed DLC in the form of new locations and cars (as long as those cars can’t be earned/bought in the game).

Man, only 24 of us.

I bought 2M.

I’m solely a drifter and love drifting so much, I get real anxious trying to win races for credits. After the second restart of a race due to being brake checked, I’d quit and go drift. I’ll never have to buy another mtx though, as that 2M goes a LONG way when you mainly stick to cars from the golden age of drifting.

I DID FEEL SILLY LATER THOUGH, as I didn’t know there was so much you had to do to unlock multiplayer. I entered a lobby with a built car and 2.4 million credits or so.

Also, was able to purchase an fc3s to start my career, instead of a fit or something 😝

Yes, I have... I didn't want too, but I had the money, and I personally don't have the time to grind out over many hours/days/weeks to get credits to buy the cars I need for league racing.

I got myself 4million, and that's that.... I can buy all the cars I need and enjoy.

Nope, I am unemployed but managed to skimp together $159AU for the 25th Anniversary edition (lots of RL grinding to get that) and I feel I got burned on the deal. I'll play the game as is and even grind out some extra credits for the occasional legendary but I still have that bad taste in my mouth when I play it... like when you try apple cider vinegar for the first time. Those microtransactions... call them transactions, don't exist to me.

When I finish the Menu Book I did brought $70 worth of microtransactions to buy some cars I really like, but now I grind now for credits. Soon the credits are going to get better and that is going to help but I still may buy some microtransactions, but only the few dollar microtransactions ones.

No i am not your overcomplicating . If people earn their money they have the right to spend it on what they want. Its not down to YOU or anybody else to tell someone what they can spend money on weather or not you agree is a different story.
Yes, you are. And it sounds like you’re misconstruing what I’m saying. I’m not taking away their right to do whatever they want with their money, merely offering solid advice for the benefit of all of us in future games. If no one buys MTX we’ll have better games, it really is that simple.

Yes, you are. And it sounds like you’re misconstruing what I’m saying. I’m not taking away their right to do whatever they want with their money, merely offering solid advice for the benefit of all of us in future games. If no one buys MTX we’ll have better games, it really is that simple.
Really i think i know exactly what i mean when i say something otherwise i would be in a funny farm. Have you got their address maybe you can share incase i get told i need to. Some people have jobs lives family etc etc So i shall say this as clear as i can so as you understand people who have money and jobs can do as they please it has no bearing on you or your life or your game if they wish to pay for credits instead of sitting infront of the game for 18 hours to get credits they can. Some people may have the same ambition with the game as you but would prefer to buy their way through it instead of grinding IT IS THEIR CHOICE TO DO SO NOT YOURS. Is that clear enough for you.

Last edited:
The payouts and the tickets have nothing to do with the micro transactions. They were there for GTS. EA gave emotional damage lol. The game is set up so everyone won’t have every car, right off the bat to create some rarity. Have ever been riding down the street and someone passes by in a certain car and you get excited. “Oh wow! Thats a 91 NSX!” GT7 is trying to simulate THAT experience. Unfortunately, some of us live in such privilege, even simulating that feel triggers them.
They have everything to do with it. The entire economy of the game is built to service microtransactions. It is the same with any game with them. Grind or pay to avoid grind. That's why it effects every player of any game even if they don't buy them and stupidly think that it doesn't effect them. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I just want the economy of the game to improve and by extension, the MTX’s too. I said it earlier but it’s worth mentioning again. If the micro transactions were a better deal. They would easily have 60-80 bucks of my money right now. The ridiculous pricing of the MTX’s in this game truly is a missed business opportunity by Sony.

If the micro transactions were a better deal. They would easily have 60-80 bucks of my money right now. The ridiculous pricing of the MTX’s in this game truly is a missed business opportunity by Sony.
I wonder if their pricing is based on keeping a sense of fairness. Most are gonna shy away from spending that kind of cash on mtx’s and just play the game, which is what they really want. Remember, they’re gonna work this game for a few years.

I had a bit of buyers remorse when I realized I didn’t have to purchase credits, to buy what I needed. Just have fun playing the game guys. Save those credits and try not to get caught up in car collecting race. The credits are gonna come and the cars will reappear in the dealerships.

I wonder if their pricing is based on keeping a sense of fairness. Most are gonna shy away from spending that kind of cash on mtx’s and just play the game, which is what they really want. Remember, they’re gonna work this game for a few years.

I had a bit of buyers remorse when I realized I didn’t have to purchase credits, to buy what I needed. Just have fun playing the game guys. Save those credits and try not to get caught up in car collecting race. The credits are gonna come and the cars will reappear in the dealerships.
I agree this is no short term game and it is clear some people just want to get the trophies and move on others want to collect all the cars and move on, having the mtx's so you dont get much for your money will deter most people from doing it therefore prolonging the game which is how it should be. I am collecting all the cars but im not spending money on mtx's to buy $18million cars that would just be daft im in it for the long haul

1. I feel sorry for Youtubers. I feel like at least some of them are pressured into buying Microtransactions for their channels so they can release the newest content without spending a week and a half grinding.

2. Given the choice, I'd rather pay $10 for each DLC pack than have ANY microtransactions. Yeah, the car packs are free now...but...I'd trade that for having a dedicated offline single-player game with an un-broken economy.

Really i think i know exactly what i mean when i say something otherwise i would be in a funny farm. Have you got their address maybe you can share incase i get told i need to. Some people have jobs lives family etc etc So i shall say this as clear as i can so as you understand people who have money and jobs can do as they please it has no bearing on you or your life or your game if they wish to pay for credits instead of sitting infront of the game for 18 hours to get credits they can. Some people may have the same ambition with the game as you but would prefer to buy their way through it instead of grinding IT IS THEIR CHOICE TO DO SO NOT YOURS. Is that clear enough for you.
The reason why mtx is in the game is because of corporate greed and it makes the games much worse because it should be a choice of the players how fast they want to progress without paying more than for the game which is expensive enough, and like we could choose different high pay-out events in GT3&GT4.

You’re really arguing that people buying MTX’s have no bearing on how future games eventually turn out?

And honestly, talking in a condescending way about “proper education” while mixing up “you’re” and “your”, “weather” instead of “whether”, not capitalising I and missing apostrophes. Come on, man.

Back