headlight controls

• Thread starter JRC_Red14
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
JRC_Red14
Essentially, we already have a way to turn on/off high beams, but would we possibly get a way to completely turn them off? It probably wouldn't affect cars with normal headlights, but if cars do get affected by air drag, it could also be a way to reduce drag for cars with pop-up headlights.

I don’t think the pop-up headlights affect the air drag in the game. You can test that at Route X by checking if the top speed drops in the tunnels when the lights pop up.

if the top speed drops in the
It does, but at the end increases. And it happens to all cars - there is a very small elevation change.
And it doesnt on the starting point which is also a tunnel.

The popup headlights dont affect speed.

Last edited:
sorry, was just curious. finished watching initial d not that long ago, so in truth, I was wanting to see if we could potentially pull off a "blind attack" on tracks at night.

sorry, was just curious. finished watching initial d not that long ago, so in truth, I was wanting to see if we could potentially pull off a "blind attack" on tracks at night.
No need for any sorry there.
Though that blind attack is quickly mitigated by the ingame radar that doesnt require watching out for any following headlights ;)

It does, but at the end increases. And it happens to all cars - there is a very small elevation change.
And it doesnt on the starting point which is also a tunnel.

The popup headlights dont affect speed.
There's no elevation change, it's just that more often than not there's a tailwind of some kind on the back straight and the tunnel takes it away for a while. I've done a test with the Equal Conditons Mode on in multiplayer, it has no wind speed applied, and the engine rpm stays on the same line on the HUD bar on a drag/power limited car. The main straight tunnel is short enough to not have time to have an effect.

But correct, the lights don't have an effect. The test car was a Trueno on which it would definitely be noticable if it existed.

Last edited:
Back