2024 Formula 1 Drivers threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 767 comments
That would arguably be the strongest pairing in F1 history, do it!

Lance will get shipped off to WEC sooner or later.

Last edited:
Seeing as I'm a filthy satellite user and DirecTV is currently getting into it with Disney, ESPN is shot for the foreseeable future and I have no way to watch this weekend.

F1TV is basically a superfluous expense because the entire family uses satellite, meaning it's not like I can just up and cancel the whole thing, else I would have done so a long while ago. I think. :lol:

That would arguably be the strongest pairing in F1 history, do it!
Mid-career Verstappen and veteran Alonso isn't as strong a duo as:

Peak Prost and peak Senna.
Peak Clark and second-title Hill.
Peak Fangio and peak Moss.

Plus with Alonso being uber-veteran by the prospective 2026 tie-up, even these pairings are more formidable.
Peak Alonso and Rookie Hamilton
Peak Piquet and Initial Peak Mansell
2016 Hamilton and Rosberg
Second-wind Lauda and Burgeoning Prost

And of course the teammate pairing with the largest total number of World Championships (before and after inclusive) was 5 races in 1991 when Nelson Piquet (3) was paired with Michael Schumacher (7)

How epic would be an Alonso - Verstappen teamduell 🤟
I'm getting Prost and Senna Vibes already, which in the Drive to Survive era is definately gonna rake in some more views.
Seeing as I'm a filthy satellite user and DirecTV is currently getting into it with Disney, ESPN is shot for the foreseeable future and I have no way to watch this weekend.

F1TV is basically a superfluous expense because the entire family uses satellite, meaning it's not like I can just up and cancel the whole thing, else I would have done so a long while ago. I think. :lol:
I may know of some..."Alternative methods" to help with that...

Clark and Hill as team-mates happened, Clark and 2nd title Hill didn't.
If your takeaway from "Jim Clark and Graham Hill in 1967/68 would be a stronger partnership than Max Verstappen and Fernando Alonso in 2026" is to throw in an ackchyually that doesn't disprove my point, all you're doing is proving what little you contribute to these threads.

Jim Clark and Graham Hill were teammates around the time Hill won his second title.
Jim Clark and Graham HIll were teammates the year Hill won his second title. The fact that Jim Clark died that year is irrelevant.
The partnership of Jim Clark and Graham Hill is, in my opinion, a stronger one than a proposed Max Verstappen and Fernando Alonso parternship.

If you're unable to see beyond the literal, as your posts have appeared to be, make sure your facts are true and relevant. Right now, they're neither.

I am literal-minded by nature as it is a trait of my Autistic Spectrum Disorder, my hidden disability, didn't ask to be a neurodivergent but I am!

Learn to accept it and that goes for everyone on this forum.

I do agree Hill and Clark would indeed have been as strong a line-up as they were made out to be if Clark had lived.

Verstappen and near-retirement Alonso? I'd like to see it at least.

Quite amusing that other teams have used Williams as a devo outfit for their young drivers, and now Williams don't want to do that but instead hope to ship out their own prospect to another team for some experience.

In a small sample siza Franco has looked very impressive. Not sure anyone really wants to drive a Sauber these days but any F1 seat is worth it, so I hope he gets the gig. I'm always in favour of giving new guys a shot even if it means losing someone fun like Bottas.

Last edited:
Quite amusing that other teams have used Williams as a devo outfit for their young drivers, and now Williams don't want to do that but instead hope to ship out their own prospect to another team for some experience.

In a small sample siza Franco has looked very impressive. Not sure anyone really wants to drive a Sauber these days but any F1 seat is worth it, so I hope he gets the gig. I'm always in favour of giving new guys a shot even if it means losing someone fun like Bottas.
Be worth it for the promise of what Audi hope to deliver.

Last edited:
Back