HELP! My Nissan R390GT is shot!

• Thread starter Mr. White
  • 103 comments
Mr. White
And I have had MANY major collisions with that car. On a few races, after it went to hell, I'd get pissed and start ramming other cars like a heat seeking missile. Broadside them at 200+ mph.

Looking back, that probably was'nt a good idea. I had no idea it would inflict permanent damage.

Luckily I'm not the only one doing this:lol: You crash into cars like a mad-man TOO hu:D:lol: The world is a tiney little place:sly: (gotta put that in my sig.👍 )

Edit: Voila, in my sig \/

tamiya-the effects are'nt as strong when I take the turbo off...because it's not as fast (obviously) but it's still there.

I bought the car...it handled fine.

Modded the car...it handled fine.

After about 1900 miles, a bunch of major collisions...handles like crap.

Yes, I tried the chassis refresh and changed the oil.

fwdtamiya
Have you tried leaving your car stock, go strip it down to stock and see how it handles. If it handles fine, then you put the parts back on and it handles crappy, then it just sounds like your a noob at modifying cars. No i'm just kidding, but did it handle like this right after you modified it or just one day after it being modified it just decided to be gay?

With mine it started as soon as I added the Stage 4 turbo and stopped as soon as I took it off. It could not have been the settings, however, as I left them on default, and now, a few B-spec races later, the car works just fine again in A-spec even with the Stage 4 turbo put back on.

The handling problems were very different from the high speed shaking you get with a wheel. The car would feel very slippery even at low speeds, loss of control would start at around 180 mph, and the car would not even really shake back and forth but head straight for the wall much faster than what happens at over 200 with a DF or DFB.

...plus the Audi was brand new at the time and did have a roll cage.

The handling problems were very different from the high speed shaking you get with a wheel. The car would feel very slippery even at low speeds, loss of control would start at around 180 mph, and the car would not even really shake back and forth but head straight for the wall much faster than what happens at over 200 with a DF or DFB.

Same here. I use the standard controller, but vibration isn't really a problem. The blasted thing just lunges for the wall at high speed.

///M-Power
With mine it started as soon as I added the Stage 4 turbo and stopped as soon as I took it off. It could not have been the settings, however, as I left them on default, and now, a few B-spec races later, the car works just fine again in A-spec even with the Stage 4 turbo put back on.

...plus the Audi was brand new at the time and did have a roll cage.

I have similar problems...it's not only the high speed shake but also like you described, handles poorly at low speeds as well.

The high speed thing is the most glaring problem though. For example, on Fuji, the sharp turn after the long straight, I have to brake WAY early, and I have to fight it like crazy to keep it straight.

no one has mentioned this yet.. but have you tried washing the car?! it sais that its supposed to help with aerodynamic drag and stuff like that.. try it and see if it handles differently at high speeds.

fasternfaster
no one has mentioned this yet.. but have you tried washing the car?! it sais that its supposed to help with aerodynamic drag and stuff like that.. try it and see if it handles differently at high speeds.

LOL...yes, I've even washed the car.

Oil changing and washing the car is pretty rediculous, but surprsingly, I've tried it.

I'm desperate. :crazy:

franz
could that be some kind of glitches?

I don't know if you can call it a glitch or a bug or a defect...but as you can see in this thread it's not just me so it might have actually been an intended feature.

I don't know...I plan on tinkering with it again tonight but I will most likely just save up for another car...unfortunately.

fasternfaster

off topic, but....

Does washing the car really make any difference?

back to topic...

I've got the DFP and my Minolta with 20k goes ape over 180mph. On the oval, I have to struggle to keep it straight and if I slip just a bit, the car is flying all over the track. At least, my hands and forearms are getting a tiny workout.

It must have been glitch. Even though I upgraded the Audi as soon as I bought it and the problems were there right from the beginning, I did change the oil and had it washed, even took it to dinner and a movie, but the only thing that made a difference was taking the turbo back off. I won a second Audi by winning Le Mans, and I recently took that one for a test drive. I added the Stage 4 turbo and used the same default settings as with the first Audi, and it handles like a dream and has no problems at high speed. Strangely, then when I tried the original Audi again, with the turbo back on, and this time in need of an oil change, a wash, and a chassis refresher, it had no problems at all.

TwiztedParallel
Your car is too low. When your car bottems out the car becomes uncontrollable. This ussually happens on straight-aways in the game because the force pushing down on the car at really high speeds is multiplied by the aerodynamics and down force. Its happen to me a few times, just raise the ride height by 5-10mm or so, problem solved.

👍

Well that could be it but I have found that if you set the limited slip diff dec to 60 and make sure the accsel is above 40, that realy helps at high speeds.

This is the one scary thing about console games. If this is a bug, it's a serious one, and it's not like they can just release a patch for it.

justmatt
This is the one scary thing about console games. If this is a bug, it's a serious one, and it's not like they can just release a patch for it.

That's the thing...it may not be a mistake...it may be intended to keep people from doing stupid stuff like ramming cars/walls etc.

I'm not sure.

Just thought I'd add my testimony. This wear and tear has also happened to my Minolta. And it has lost 7 hp since I bought it. I also have to brake way early now. This all started happening when I passed about 1200 miles. Refreshing does nothing. Oil chages do nothing.

Thanks a lot, Polyphony Digital :grumpy:

Mr. White
I don't know if you can call it a glitch or a bug or a defect...but as you can see in this thread it's not just me so it might have actually been an intended feature.

I don't know...I plan on tinkering with it again tonight but I will most likely just save up for another car...unfortunately.
if it is a glitch, every copy of GT4 would have the same glitch
so we call it a feature glitch? :)
but if everyone got that glitch ONLY because we ramming cars like destruction derby, then I would call this is a special feature like power loss by mileage

Similar problems in threads on other sites indicate it could be your controller, not your car. Wheels in particular seem to be a common problem, so try the car with another controller, such as a good old dual shock, and see what happens.

Another fix mentioned elsewhere is simply to shut it all down for an hour, let it cool down, then come back and try again.

Ozmac
Similar problems in threads on other sites indicate it could be your controller, not your car. Wheels in particular seem to be a common problem, so try the car with another controller, such as a good old dual shock, and see what happens.

Another fix mentioned elsewhere is simply to shut it all down for an hour, let it cool down, then come back and try again.

Still using the dual shock...I'm a loser. :guilty:

It's funny you mentioned shutting it down...last night when I was having the problems, the PS2 had been on all day doing an endurance race. I let it run the rest of the night and shut it off before I went to work.

I went home for lunch and tried it real quickly...and it seemed better. I did'nt have enough time to really test it, I just did a couple quick laps on the big oval.

Very strange.

I'll try it again tonight and see what happens.

I'm nowhere near as far into the game as you guys, so my only experience of these cars are on the licence test and at mission hall. I'm driving the Nissan R390GT on De La Sarthe and it wants to shake my teeth out. Now obviously I can't change any settings for it, but I did find that gently zig-zagging down the main straight helped it a bit!

I'm almost sure that the problem is caused by the car just bumping off the tarmac, then the tyres are screeching the rest of the way down the straight. I've got arm pump whilst typing this!

PS I have a DFP.

dont know if its been said before (not reading 3 pages) but its the downforce. and the default setting is all the way up on race cars so setting to default doesnt fix it. its not a bug.

I'm assuming it's likely a glitch more than a new feature. I don't recall PD ever mentioning a 'long-term damage engine' like has seemingly been stated in this thread, and something like that would be a pretty significant feature that they'd probably want to make everyone aware of. I'm noticing that the same cars seem to be cropping up here so maybe it's a bug with certain models? It wouldn't be the first glitch in this game anyway.

Mr. White
Guys, I really need your help.

I saved up a LONG time and got the Nissan R390GT, got the big turbo etc.

Did the final race in the professional series...and a couple endurance races.

It has roughly 1800-2000 miles.

Now, for some reason, the car is messed up. On the high speed ring or any other straight away where I can hit atleast 220 mph, the car becomes uncontrollable. It just started doing this. It feels kind of like a wheel is not in-balance. REALLY bad vibration and it just darts around really bad. Like I said, it's pretty much uncontrollable. You can here the tires constantly screeching even when I'm going in a straight line with no braking.

I've tried everything (I think). Did the rollcage, did the body refresher, tried different tires, the settings (suspension etc) all seem ok.

None of my other cars do this...and it did'nt do this when I first got the car...it just started all of a sudden.

As it sits right now, it won't compete. It's too uncontrollable at high speed.

Please help, I don't want to have to save up another $4.5 mil for another decent car.

Yep, my Formula One car does this in 6th and 7th gear, I guess it has something to do with the surface of the road not being even and the ultra high speeds that the car is travelling at?

i dont think that crashing your car into a wall/car is a glitch because there is the chasis refresh plan...but i think the glitch is that the chasis refresh plan doesnt do anything

Yes it does. I was B specking one of the shorter, timed races in my R32 GT-R and at about lap 218 I decided to step in and a spec the last stint. The car wasn't very hard to controll, but it just didn't have the cornering grip it used to have. I really had to limp it around those last few laps. The chassis refresh unchecks it'self when it's time for a rebuild. sure enough it needed one and once I did that it was fine. Right now I'm doing the 9 hour one and with the pace setting on 1 I'm at a bout 220 laps at 4 hours and the lead is by 3 to 9 laps.

I'm really enjoying watching this thread... There seems to be a common "understanding" here that if it's something that you like or that you think is good, then it's a "feature," but if it's something that you don't like or something that's making it harder, then it's a "bug" or "glitch"... hmmm just an observation.

I guess one of the things you could do Mr White is to try the German touring car race, it wont take you long to get the $$$ and get another one, race the same way and see what happens again. If it goes the same, then your test has been conclusive. If not, then there's probably something else that as yet is unexplained.

Back