HELP! My Nissan R390GT is shot!

• Thread starter Mr. White
  • 103 comments
Adon
MR.WHite I'm on the same boat as you....
this clitch ruined my Jaguar XJR-9 race car '88 on the Le Sarthe 2 endurance race... now I'm back doing the same endurance race doing it this time with a 4.5 million dollar Playstation Pescarolo.... on lap 300 and it seems it has ruined my Pescarolo as well....
I have the DFP
and the car is UNCONTROLLABLE
my laptimes from my b-spec driver have gone from a smooth 3:03 to a nasty 4 minutes plus and getting worse....
my fukkin goodness... with as many times that this game was delayed, couldnt they have fixed this ****???

On La Sarthe II the B-spec driver crashes regularly into the wall at the straights. THat's normal, all cars do that. Well, it ain't normal, but that's not a bug or so, because all cars do it, the AI cars as well. But looking at the laptimes, your driver don't just crash into the wall... Weird.

I've done both La Sarthe Endurance races with my Minolta Toyota, and my Toyota is fine. Never had any probs with it till now. Hopefully it'll stay that way.:)

I think you do best to increase body rigidity, it really works with my merc clk-gtr race car.
After a few races it handled like a mushroom. After i increased the body rigidity it handled like old times.

Adon
and as for all the responses you've gotten on tips how to fix it..... to all those guys, its nice of you to respond but THIS IS A GLITCH IN THE GAME
I'm %100 certain of it...........
at first I thought well maybe it's Realism, MAYBE this is what would happen iin real life if u ran the car at max capacity after 12 hours at Le Mans (Le Sarthe)
but NOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
as far as real life the only thing I could compare this glitch too is having fresh tires in the front, and completely worn out tires in the back.....
BASICALLY riding with tires in the front and METAL WHEELS IN THE BACK......

Its like that Bud Lite Miller Lite thing all over.

Its not a glitch you need to be refreshing....try it you'll like it (join us)

olympia21_ca
I guess we found a glitch in GT4...

tsk tsk Polyphonial Digital...

Its not a glitch!!

I thought my DF was shot and I was ready to return it. Did all the same crap car jumpin left to right at high speed. Adjusted all the suspension parts finally went back to stock no help. Did the body refresh and BAM it was fixed. (DANG)

I think some cars maybe slipped through the net. Try the Phase 2 Renault Clio V6. It handles like an absolute bag of nails - even from new.

Also, one of the black LMP cars I've been using most - Nissan R92C (or whatever it's called), seems to really be struggling at the moment. Going into a corner on the Test Course it just won't sit still! I have tried it loads of times and not once has it got round the first bend. It just spins straight away. Weird. I'll try the chassis refresher.

One more thing, (not sure if I dreamed this!), I think in GT2 (maybe GT3) if you hit a wall or your tires went really bad then your car veered off to the left or right, and you had to compensate. Am I remembering right, or have I imagined it?!?

Anyway, all this talk of cars acting funny makes me wonder if PD did actually include an 'unofficial' damage system, just for us GT addicts (as we're the only ones that would really notice)!!!

Hehe. :)

Mr. White
Jacks-I know what you mean about the bumpy straight aways...but it does this on the ring (which is very smooth). And it's not subtle...it's loud and constant. I don't want to have to save up another $4.5 mil...it takes me a while (Endurance races in b-spec). And what's to say that my next $4.5mil car does'nt start doing the same thing?

Sirlosealot-I did the chassis refresh...did'nt help.

There are many cars that get that speed wobble from brand new. My steering wheel (Driving Force Pro) shakes so badly I have to remove my wristwatch. I have not confirmed this but I think it starts as soon as the car goes over 200Mph. The Oreca Viper was rock solid till I installed the Stage 3 turbo. Then it also started shaking.

Welcome Mr.White...

What are you using as a controller??

A normal PS2 Controller or a GT Force(or any other steering wheel)??
I've actually had this problem...
My analog button went bezerk and I couldn't do anything
And just to top it off It did it when I was going speed like that too, but in my R92CP
I think It might be the vibrators hitting your analog button just enough to make you go everywhere
I'm not sure if it is this or not, it may just be a glitch, butfor me it was my controller...Since I'm very good at fixing things, I opened up my controller and fixed it...My vibraters were broken
You can try opening it up if you can, might want to check your vibrators, or...
You might have to buy another controller...
But if you have a steering wheel well, sorry there buddy
but like you said, It might be a glitch or maybe just the car itself

Good Luck

L28eT:tup:

definately the car..i got the problem on my 787B with jus over 9500kms on it.. i gave my black r390gt1 chassis refresh n it turned out fine..jus try that but my 787B understeers quite abit i danno prolly needs to be tuned properly..try refreshing the chassis though, it might work 👍

This problem has happened to me once before too.. I honstly believe it's a bug of some kind, but difficult to define well so others can understand. Those who have experienced it will definitely understand, it happened to my Audi R8 once that had a lot of miles on it. Whatever happened to it, it made a huge negative impact on the handling characteristics of the car. As some people have commented, it's like suddenly driving on ice at certain speeds. I just went ahead and sold it and then bought a new one. I hope it never happens again. :/

Back