• Thread starter Richardrfo
  • 102 comments

Richardrfo

Premium
United Kingdom
Essex, UK
Richardrfo
Richardrfo
Finally found a few moments to get a thread up, I've only got 2 quick shots of it at the moment so I'll use the ones from the advert...

She's a 1990 siR Moon roof in pewter grey, done 194,xxx kilometres = 120,xxx~ miles, not bad for a 21 year old car, same age as me! Few little bits here and there to tidy up but nothing expensive or immediately required. In the future some already existing mods will be upgraded anyway, for example the D2 coilovers, Supersprint manifold etc will be coming out for something better sometime next year, but they do the job for now. The custom exhaust system is loud, very close to the level if not louder than my mate's Integra with the Apexi N1 system, need to get something more sensible sooner than later...

Current Spec [08/07/12]:

Chassis:
D2 Coilovers
D2 Lower Control Arms
D2 Rear Camber Arms
Skunk 2 Front Camber wishbones

Wheels:
Advan RG's with TOYO T1-R tyres

Brakes:
Goodridge braided brake lines
MG ZS 282mm big brakes on front, standard rear discs

Engine:
Standard B16a
MarkVT-(hondacrxUK member) custom Pewter grey smoothed rocker cover with Integra polished oil cap
Honda Hamp oil filter
AEM v2 long arm air intake
Supersprint 4-2-1 manifold heat-wrapped
Custom 2.5" straight-through manifold-back system

Interior:
Standard siR fronts seats
JDM Map lights
Honda Access floor mats
LMS deep dish steering wheel MOMO boss
Skunk2 Short Shifter w/Skunk2 gearknob

Exterior:
JDM stanley fogs
Amber sidelights

Alarm:
Clifford Concept 650 mk2 remote + central locking

How she used to look when she got off the boat:
sir.jpg

sir5.jpg

How she looks now:
sideview.jpg

rockercover.jpg

steezysprintharts-1.jpg

cleanside.jpg

rear.jpg

The few quick shots I got last night:
21179fa.jpg

29zas2.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice 👍 Don't blame you for going import, most of the UK ones are looking very scabby by now. If it's not already, get it undersealed to keep it that way!

Cheers :)

I had to get an import really, if I ever do anything I like to do it properly! The guy I bought it from was the first UK owner after Tegiwa Imports, he's done any modifications and says it was undersealed last year, I'll be getting it on the lift at work asap to have a proper look and stripping the rear to have a look for anything rusty, but at the moment it's looking good. Final last words...

Stripped out the rear today to have a proper look at the bodywork, nearly spotless! Needs a good clean but other than the small amount of surface rust in the very center of the wheel well (common location, the little ring in the Google'd photo below) it's fine, absolutely amazed at it and so pleased I don't need new arches :D
1253110021_large.jpg

Current plan is to SORN it at the end of the month when the tax runs out so I don't mess up anything over Winter and don't have to buy steelies for it or ruin the wheels + bodywork with grit etc, get the little bits on it sorted so all is good for the Spring and I can enjoy the good weather. Time cannot pass quick enough!

That's one neat looking CRX. 👍 Much better looking than the Del Sol personally.

First CRX owner i've seen on this forum :) great looking car. Are you by any chance a member of CRX-UK?

My brother used to have a CRX V-TEC in Celestial blue, I think he used to be a member of the CRX-UK forum.

Last edited:
mp10: Thanks :) Yeah I'm a member of CRX-UK, yet to make a progress thread yet but that can change now as I've got a bit of an update!

Finally got around to taking a few photos of the progress...

Current home:
iw2pgy.jpg

Just how low it is, not much clearance at all:
20074es.jpg

After multiple delays whilst trying to change the gear linkage bushes resulting in a D-series set being sent and a B-series set being bought from someone competent, new sleeves being bought for the stabiliser bush as the old ones were a bit worse for wear, the short shifter being knackered causing a clicking changing into 4th and 5th, probably destroyed by the 21 year old, worn original bushes that were swapped out for poly bushes, resulting in a Skunk2 dual bend short shifter and black metal Skunk2 gear knob being bought to replace the entire setup:
2vww8xs.jpg

Started stripping the front today, how it began:
zyakpt.jpg

How we finished the day:
rbxsvt.jpg

Just the sound deadening to go, but will be saving that for another day as it's just breaking off in tiny pieces, going to either heat or freeze it depending on what the general advice is online. Also, as a bonus I've got some JDM moolah!
24wrlf8.jpg

Going to need a better storage location soon though...:
5jtzzr.jpg

Next job is to charge the battery and get her started so I can finally put the windows down and fit the wind deflectors (immobilisers...) then get the sound deadening out, give the inside a clean and bolt the seats back in.

Going to need a better storage location soon though...:
5jtzzr.jpg

The joys of gutting a car! My Beetle is currently full of... everything I removed from the Beetle. The interior is no longer attached, but it's still in the interior...

You could B18 swap an Si or HX and preserve an SiR.

There'll be plenty more SiRs knocking about standard somewhere. Japan, I guess.

Because Racecar.

Or rather, why not gut an SiR? It's a crx with a B16.

Pretty much. It was hardly standard anyway so it's not like I've destroyed a perfect standard example.

You could B18 swap an Si or HX and preserve an SiR.

It was the best offer at the time of sale in both price and spec, other than some with rust and higher mileage with fewer modifications already made that I'd be making myself. It'll eventually be getting a B18C swap anyway.

The joys of gutting a car! My Beetle is currently full of... everything I removed from the Beetle. The interior is no longer attached, but it's still in the interior...

Bingo, my seats are just sat in there at the moment with the carpet stuffed in the passenger side, asking around for somewhere to rent now :lol:

Very nice 👍 Don't blame you for going import, most of the UK ones are looking very scabby by now. If it's not already, get it undersealed to keep it that way!

Thats what I was thinking, i was looking for a CRX a while ago and it was slim pickings for an unmolested one...

Ill be at south mimms too :D

car looks mint. I love those wheels on your car. by the way you coming to south mimms meet on the 8th april

Yeah I'll be there, planning to get her on the road just before/for that week, Mimms will be the first outing! :D

Thats what I was thinking, i was looking for a CRX a while ago and it was slim pickings for an unmolested one...

Ill be at south mimms too :D

I'd been keeping an eye on the market for over 2 years :ill: Very slim pickings and when I first saw this I simply put it out of my price range and continued searching, but 10 days later, after I'd missed out on 2 others in the space of a few days, still no-one had even shown enough interest to go look, so made the 200+ mile trip.

You still have your EP? I'll keep an eye out for you :)

Yeah I'll be there, planning to get her on the road just before/for that week, Mimms will be the first outing! :D

I'd been keeping an eye on the market for over 2 years :ill: Very slim pickings and when I first saw this I simply put it out of my price range and continued searching, but 10 days later, after I'd missed out on 2 others in the space of a few days, still no-one had even shown enough interest to go look, so made the 200+ mile trip.

You still have your EP? I'll keep an eye out for you :)

Il either be there on a bmx or if my mate passes his test by then then we will be there in a ek. Im 17 on feb 19 so I wont have a car or licence by then.

Paid for it a month or so ago but had to wait for it to be made, came today:

422735_10151384558835109_640425108_23150693_1052374042_n.jpg

Carbon fibre J's style lip :D

Will be fitting it this weekend hopefully as long as the weather holds off enough, but will get swapped over for a poly version asap for everyday use as it's very fragile and I don't want it getting ruined, just swap it over for shows.

I really like the J's style lip, they suit CRX's really well. I should be coming down to south mimms too, maybe with my friend in his EG coupe.

I've always liked the CRX, and this one being right hand drive makes it just that much cooler!

Been out driving all weekend:
538484_10150733687271737_390725676736_9502090_195221466_n.jpg

Had a few photos taken today:
549283_10151465020260177_620860176_23562122_2025187604_n.jpg

553128_10151465017580177_620860176_23562113_2119504266_n.jpg

539083_10151465019500177_620860176_23562120_1943293558_n.jpg

557531_10151465017955177_620860176_23562114_1568627057_n.jpg

Guy with the DC5 runs 6two1.com and wants to do a shoot too, never expected that ahah.

This is an odd question but do you tend to look in the top half of your rear or bottom half? Looking through the rear view mirror that is.

Definitely understand what you're getting at so it's not odd at all :lol: I generally look out the top half in the rear view,not that you see a whole lot but enough to be functional, but when reversing I'll use the bottom half.

Gave it a bit of a clean but needs some wire tucking and a tad more stripping before it's tidied up, got nothing in there except the dash, 2 seats and floor mats though.

Latest Posts

Back