Honda CRX SiR

• Thread starter Richardrfo
  • 102 comments
Hey, thata definitely something I would like to do, however at the moment im still a novice driver :). I see you've mentioned the north Wales map, is that by Nominous on crxuk? Also I have a 4-1 manifold on mines, should I consider switching to 4-2-1?

Might consider taking the car to endless horizons to get the o2 sensors fixed, and mapped too.

@mp10 That is indeed the map! A legend in the CRX scene that I always wanted to try out and experience for myself, see if those little changes make for a smoother delivery.
A 4-2-1 would sit higher from the ground giving better clearance and also create some back pressure in the exhaust system, not a huge difference so see it as something for practicality.
EHM are great for work, definitely some people I'd trust to do work with Daz working there, along with TGM, Hond-r and Eurospec. Eurospec would be best for mapping personally as Romain is one of the best in the UK for Hondas and also knows CRXs well after owning his for years. I'd not worry too much about going to him until you've got internals done though, make it worth while!

Adam at 6TWO1 contacted me today to say the CRX coilovers have arrived, can't wait to get them fitted!
I've got Function7 LCAs waiting to go on with them to replace the knackered D2 setup currently fitted, along with new Boltsbolts.co.uk LCA nuts and bolts to hold it together, just need new droplink bushes until I sort out some anti rollbars in the future.

The goods have arrived!

10424460_1435490553383999_1249369928_n.jpg

10474935_713641052028353_1716790580_n.jpg

Also had this little treat turn up, Quaife quick rack. Takes lock to lock from 4.1 turns to 2.83, going to be a big change.
10453962_247901798733170_266248658_n.jpg

The quaife quick rack sounds like a good addition, coilivers too :) let me know how the quick rack is, I might consider getting one. Thanks for the tips about the manifold, my ones got a slight dent on the underside, is there anything to worry about? Drives fine at the moment.
Thanks

@mp10 The quick rack was an extremely limited production of about 15, Tegiwa took 3 or 4 as stock so you might get lucky, however I wouldn't suggest it on a daily driver due to the sensitivity it will produce, it's definitely a track focused modification as I can imagine it being twitchy on bumpy roads and switching lanes on motorways at speed.
A small dent in the manifold is little to worry about, it's rare not to find a dented or flattened manifold. If it were sizeable then it could begin to restrict flow but otherwise it's nothing.

Quick update as something else arrived today, but first:

10432082_809975552348227_627321202_n.jpg

Function7 lower control arms, complimented by shiny new lca bolts from boltsbolts.co.uk

But today's parcel contains this:

10499057_1515953661957472_487221602_n.jpg

Innovative traction bar. Reduces wheel hop, increases rigidity, stability and creates space to fit my new radiator.

It's been a long time since that week of work and a whole lot happened in life shortly after so the car has been left neglected. Until now!

Finally in a good place in life and got the bug back to get this finished for Summer so to get the ball rolling, one night last week it all began again...

11024103_955243954495253_524453450_n.jpg

Spent yesterday finishing the installation of the 1" brake master cylinder upgrade and fitted the new tyres, can't wait to try 'em out.

Nice to see the recent updates, are those Yokohama AD08R's? What tyres do you recommend, I've got toyo proxes on mines, but I don't think they'll last as long as I expexted, don't get me wrong, they are a good set of wheels but just looking for something with a longer life span ;) read about parada, rain sports and ad08r, would like a decent all weather set.

@mp10 Yeah they're AD08R, toyed with Federal RSR but know they have a habit of splitting along the point they glue it together.
The Toyo T1R is surprisingly good for the price but very soft and I think I used a set every 3 months or so. I thought Parada Spec 2 worked quite well on a friend's DC2 so they'd go well on a CRX too, not sure how these will behave in the wet just yet though.

Back