Honda CRX SiR

• Thread starter Richardrfo
  • 102 comments
Definitely understand what you're getting at so it's not odd at all :lol: I generally look out the top half in the rear view,not that you see a whole lot but enough to be functional, but when reversing I'll use the bottom half.

Very nice.:lol:

Been out driving all weekend:
538484_10150733687271737_390725676736_9502090_195221466_n.jpg

Guy with the DC5 runs 6two1.com and wants to do a shoot too, never expected that ahah.

Is that adams dc5.
Good bloke he is.

+ You get any pictures at south mimms.
and are you going ace cafe for honda culture on 7th july 2012 and 6two1 on 23rd september.
Always wanted to see your car

Last edited:
Is that adams dc5.
Good bloke he is.

+ You get any pictures at south mimms.
and are you going ace cafe for honda culture on 7th july 2012 and 6two1 on 23rd september.
Always wanted to see your car

Yeah that's Adam's, had those 3 parked up next to each other at Mimms too, convoyed to it with him and a few others, he just did a feature shoot of Chris' (TypeGRRR's) SiR which is absolutely mint, going to be in Total Honda magazine.
I didn't get any photos, was being lazy 'cause of the weather and couldn't be bothered to get my camera out ahah. I think the Honda Culture meet slots are already taken up but I might turn up and try get a space nearby, 6two1 might be more likely as I can speak to Adam directly about it. I'll be at the West London Collective meet in Uxbridge this Sunday, plus at Santa Pod on the 21st if you're able to get to either of those.

Yeah that's Adam's, had those 3 parked up next to each other at Mimms too, convoyed to it with him and a few others, he just did a feature shoot of Chris' (TypeGRRR's) SiR which is absolutely mint, going to be in Total Honda magazine.
I didn't get any photos, was being lazy 'cause of the weather and couldn't be bothered to get my camera out ahah. I think the Honda Culture meet slots are already taken up but I might turn up and try get a space nearby, 6two1 might be more likely as I can speak to Adam directly about it. I'll be at the West London Collective meet in Uxbridge this Sunday, plus at Santa Pod on the 21st if you're able to get to either of those.

I might come down to West London Collective.
Ive allready got honda culture and 6two1 days at ace cafe in my calender. Il defiently going to them as its only around the corner from me.

Spent the afternoon finishing up the interior stripping process as far as I'm willing to go for now, removing the headlining, window/boot surround and A-pillar plastics. Also fitted amber sidelights up front in place of the clear ones as I wanted a change to see if I prefered them and fitted a new head unit as I wanted iPod connectivity. Also bought spark plugs, oil + filter for a service coming soon.

How much where those rims? Could they fit accords (95)

They can be found in 15" 4 stud for around £600, also depends on your stud size/pattern but they come in 16" 5 stud too, not sure on exact details but there's a few different sizes for them.

We were in the first 10 cars there ahah, arrived a bit too early but got some good spots so s'alright. What time did you get there/leave? We rolled out about 3.30pm I think.
Would've been nice to meet up, might be going to the 6two1 meet now as me and a mate had a word with Adam and he'll get us some spaces so if you're still going to that I should be around :)

We were in the first 10 cars there ahah, arrived a bit too early but got some good spots so s'alright. What time did you get there/leave? We rolled out about 3.30pm I think.
Would've been nice to meet up, might be going to the 6two1 meet now as me and a mate had a word with Adam and he'll get us some spaces so if you're still going to that I should be around :)

Me and my dad got there at about 2:30 ish and left 4:30. Im going to all honda meets at ace cafe so il see you definetly on 6two1 night.

Managed to pick up a puncture on a 5 minute drive to a friend's today:
tumblr_m611943RIg1qfpa5oo1_500.jpg

Instead of turning the blade upon myself, an idea came to mind and a phone call was made. Luckily, another friend had some Advan RGs laying around so they're on there for now.
tumblr_m617d0yhW51r2754no1_500.jpg

The only issue now is, absolutely everyone including myself are preferring these to the CP-Rs...

Definitley looks better on the white wheels.

No real updates as I was unemployed most of the summer :lol:
Back at work now though and will be general maintenance first, need new tyres and the CP-Rs will be going back on when that happens.
Only real update is a few photos from the 6TWO1 shoot a few weeks ago, gathered some of the local guys together.

One with a new local CRX VT, had seen it around loads and people kept telling me but hadn't met him until this night:
8050373996_ac19758e7f_b.jpg

8050370446_4c4869639a_b.jpg

8050365910_e63d15ac7b_b.jpg

8050360938_b8c9776130_b.jpg

Debatable, depends on the weather and my mood on the day :lol:
Not overly interested in Mimms if I'm honest, seen them all a few times already this year at the first two and other meets, me and friends end up going for the sake of it and mill around bored very quickly ahah. Will have to see if I get persuaded/dragged into it or not.

The CP-Rs are now back on with fresh rubber, got a quote on getting them resprayed but will look into a full refurb after the new year. Been busy with buying maintenance parts the past week or so, the list so far:

Cam cover gasket
Cam seal
VTEC solenoid gasket
Exhaust manifold gasket
Inner head stud and 3 bolts
Cam belt
Water pump
Oil + filter
Fuel filter
Sump gasket
RTA bushes
Discs and pads all round
Radiator
Distributor cap + arm
Replacement headlight for the passenger side, a clear one to replace the foggy one
PCV valve
Right rear caliper
Gearbox oil
Spark plugs
Inner tie rods

Carbon front lip also finally died a death when it met a Hare at 60mph, so I've ordered a new poly J's style lip from the US which I'm hoping comes soon, it looks so bare without a lip!

You have a clean Honda. Every Honda in my City(Besides the newer SI's) have been riced and that is an understatement. I've always wanted an older Honda.

Nice shot there 👍 your crx still looking as cool as ever. Is the civic jordan stripped out?

The Jordan has the rear seats and plastics removed, still has the dash, carpet, door cards etc in the front for now.

Good god. The things I would do for that CRX. Beautiful car, nice to see one that's actually cared for. 👍

Might be going to Mimms depending on weather and my general enthusiasm, hopefully going to Santa Pod the day before though.

No disrespect to whoever's cars they are, but on that driveway pictures your car is the only one there that hasn't been ruined. That DC2 has been murdered.

No disrespect to whoever's cars they are, but on that driveway pictures your car is the only one there that hasn't been ruined. That DC2 has been murdered.

In a good way. I personally think that's a really awesome DC2. Infinitely better than 60% of them you generally see on the road. The other cars are fine too in my opinion. None of them are really /ruined/. Especially the CRX.

Nice shot, cheers :)
I saw you taking this photo actually, my girlfriend pointed you out :lol: Should've come said hi, we keep going to Mimms but not meeting!

Back