hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,011 comments
That yellow 71 Road Runner is insane but very odd... 383-6??? that did not exist, it must be an owner-created setup, very cool!

EDIT: I'm done with all the hi-res pícs, I'm just waiting for more!!!

Last edited:
Lol, fine, fine i'll upload some more!
Been at work all night, you gotta be patient!
There was another 71 383 Roadrunner there but i only took 1 pic by the looks of things, probably because i thought it was the same one, exactly the same colour too! now gonna upload another 50 or so...

That yellow 71 Road Runner is insane but very odd... 383-6??? that did not exist, it must be an owner-created setup, very cool!

He speaks the truth , the 383 Mopar never had a six-pack. ( Mopars terminology for a 3 duece setup , or commonly refered to as a tri power by GM ). This set-up is a homegrown,aftermarket set-up.

The "B" version of the Mopar big block never had more than a single 4 bbl. set-up from the factory,but the "RB" versions of the Mopar big blocks come in a variety of carb. configurations :

twin inline 4 bbl. carbs.
twin staggered 4 bbl. carbs.
long arm cross ram with 2 4 bbl. carbs.
short arm cross ram with 2 4 bbl. carbs.
six pack ( 3 2bbl. carbs. )

Just a tid bit of Chrysler big block history , for those who do not know.
The Roadrunner pictured is a nice car , good find. 👍

Thanks for that, any more info like this would be great, i love learning about the history and mechanics of these old beasts. :) Pm me if you dont want to OT. :P

Lol, fine, fine i'll upload some more!
Been at work all night, you gotta be patient!
There was another 71 383 Roadrunner there but i only took 1 pic by the looks of things, probably because i thought it was the same one, exactly the same colour too! now gonna upload another 50 or so...

man I'm sad to tell you the pics you just upped are low res X _ x!!!

HELP!!!

need...

*ugh*

big...

pics...

all right, done, all the pics from my 10-20mm have been uploaded.
507 photos at 3504 x 2336 :D
Check it here -> http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Bondy_2225/Full size/

btw since we've been sorta OT'ing for a while..

67barracuda010.jpg

68barracuda042.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the absence, I’m already saving them, and rhanks for the stock-lens pics, now I can use some of those wheels for photoshop jobs!!! (: Since the pics are so big, they work just fine. The purple Mazda (?) is sick.

And the fenderwell headers on the black Barracuda are awesome.

Any idea what that yellow box is hanging from underneath the orange '1968' with the huge scoop?
Purple mazda? ummm, oh you must mean that old toyota celica :)
Yeah that thing was crazy quick, i think it dipped into the low 10's at least

Yup, its just the oilpan, hahahah

Big blocks are BIG. That is why they are called big blocks. That thing should have a gigantic dual quad hemi or at least a RB 440 (stroked I assume, nowadays 440 is small block displacement), but lets think it’s a HEMI for coolness sake (:

One of the Pro Mods last season was running a 800 block. That's big. 440 is a baby. ;)

Indeed, that’s why I said nowadays 440 is small block territory, ow if you have a big block it’s gotta be a 540 or higher. I really like those Schafiroff 632 (:

1. The black 'Cuda :

definately a big block ( header location tells this ), more than likely a stroked and bored 440 ci. The early "A" body 'Cudas came with either a " slant 6 " cyl. engine , or the V-8 models were of a 273 ci., or a 318 ci.,or the very rare 340 ci..In very , very , very rare circumstances , some of theses cars ( only a couple handfuls ) were released with the "B" big block ( 383 ci. ) , or the "RB" big block ( 440 ci. ),and in super,duper extremely rare cases , very few had the twin 4bbl "RB" 426 Hemi.The big block versions of these cars were generally sold to private racing teams or the factory backed guys,very few escaped the factory into the general publics hands though,not saying they are not out there ( beware of clones ) , but they are rare pieces.

2. The burnt orange colored 'Cuda :

definately a small block version , guessing a 340 ci, or a 360 ci. , this can be told by , again , by header location , going under car , not through wheelwell like a big block does , as far as telling a small block from a big block by looking at oil pan sump location (GOOD CALL CANO ON THE OIL PAN 👍), the "A" - "LA" version small blocks had a rear sump , hence the location of the sump part of the oilpan , if it were a "B" or "RB" big block , the sump location of the oil pan would be in the front of the engine.

More Mopar tidbits for you Bondy. Enjoy :cheers:
CANO ,while wishing it was a Hemi (good thought), it's unlikely , due to the hood clearance issue with the early "A" body cars

Last edited:
Excellent stuff. damn im gonna have to start writing this down! :lol:
Thanks guys, its nice to put figures to simply pictures with no explaination.

Sureshot
One of the Pro Mods last season was running a 800 block. That's big. 440 is a baby. ;)

There were a couple of huge blocked mustangs at the euronats, i'll try to find some pics, one was an 830Ci and the other only 738Ci, both run by the same bunch of psychos! They're practically identical and run a best of about 6.25 and 6.31 respectively.
The 830Ci driven by Roger Johansson is Europes quickest and fastest un-blown pro-mod.

738Ci, Michael Nord.
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Bondy_2225/849e9da4.jpg
830Ci, Roger Johansson.
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Bondy_2225/122c8349.jpg

The burnt orange colored 'Cuda appears to be a " Formula S " version ( 340 equipped ), with an added scoop. Again it could be a "clone" as mentioned before,anybody can stick on emblems and call it what they like.

oooooh air shifted trans???

and the green Chevy with silver scallops is pure 60s awesome. nice find Serge.

Here is some Aussie Muscle and a Mustang. Click to view them full size.

XA and XY Falcon

Fairlane and Capri

XY/XW Falcons and XY Falcon

Capri and Capri Drag Car

XY Falcon and Mustang

1. The black 'Cuda :

definately a big block ( header location tells this ), more than likely a stroked and bored 440 ci. The early "A" body 'Cudas came with either a " slant 6 " cyl. engine , or the V-8 models were of a 273 ci., or a 318 ci.,or the very rare 340 ci..In very , very , very rare circumstances , some of theses cars ( only a couple handfuls ) were released with the "B" big block ( 383 ci. ) , or the "RB" big block ( 440 ci. ),and in super,duper extremely rare cases , very few had the twin 4bbl "RB" 426 Hemi.The big block versions of these cars were generally sold to private racing teams or the factory backed guys,very few escaped the factory into the general publics hands though,not saying they are not out there ( beware of clones ) , but they are rare pieces.

2. The burnt orange colored 'Cuda :

definately a small block version , guessing a 340 ci, or a 360 ci. , this can be told by , again , by header location , going under car , not through wheelwell like a big block does , as far as telling a small block from a big block by looking at oil pan sump location (GOOD CALL CANO ON THE OIL PAN 👍), the "A" - "LA" version small blocks had a rear sump , hence the location of the sump part of the oilpan , if it were a "B" or "RB" big block , the sump location of the oil pan would be in the front of the engine.

More Mopar tidbits for you Bondy. Enjoy :cheers:
CANO ,while wishing it was a Hemi (good thought), it's unlikely , due to the hood clearance issue with the early "A" body cars

Sorry, but that would count if they were stock or at least near stock, but come on, a stock small block pulling the wheels, its oil pan almost reaching the ground? A stock big block with FENDER WELL HEADERS? No way. I think you are focusing your comment on stock spec cars, while these have been extensively modified. That orange ‘Cuda has a big block, maybe transplanted, but again, they’re drag cars.

love the capris, dont see them much these days..a few mk3s around tho and the odd mk1 there was a capri competing in super street run for capri racing and performance :D
gallery08.jpg

Sorry, but that would count if they were stock or at least near stock, but come on, a stock small block pulling the wheels, its oil pan almost reaching the ground? A stock big block with FENDER WELL HEADERS? No way. I think you are focusing your comment on stock spec cars, while these have been extensively modified. That orange ‘Cuda has a big block, maybe transplanted, but again, they’re drag cars.

On the early " A " body Cuda's,headers could not be run under the car,due to steering linkage issues and crossmember issues ( unless major mods were made ),therefore the headers were of a fenderwell design, ( now-a-days ) there is a header manufacturer who has a design for this,although it does require modifications.The factory used special designed manifolds on these cars,with a bit of twisting on the exhast pipes for clearance purposes.

As far as the Burnt Orange "Cuda goes, I never said it was stock,I said it had a small block in it,so yes, this particular "Cuda is modified , and it is small block equipped as I told you how to identify in the earlier thread. 👍 Look at the " K " frame where sump of pan is located,sump is behind it ( SMALL BLOCK ),if it were a ( BIG BLOCK ),the sump part of the pan would be in front of it. :sly:

Back