hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,010 comments
Z181 - the original 71' Capri Perana V8 race car

origz181.jpg

DSCN0663.JPG

This car was found racing at the Byron, IL dragstrip. It has a Small Block Chevy V8 swap and ran in the low 11's all day. The car was a true sleeper. The exhaust was really quiet, hiding an 11 second beast underneath.

And here import guys come saying, "It should've been a 20B."

I personally might have chosen Minilite-type 8-spokes instead, but, still, not bad...and 11 sec? That is impressive, particularly on such narrow-sidewall tires

and even being a small block, it should have been pretty mild, today all you need is good heads, heders and a cam to build an 11-second SBC, and even less so in a car that weighs as much as a sofa, like that mazda.

cooler thing? an 11-sec 20B would be twice -or maybe more- as much as a 11-sec SBC.

coolest of all? something a 20B doesnt even know how to properly spell: TORQUE!

awesome little car, it seems swapping in a V8 in everything that seems to need power is a way better formula than, say, turboeing it. V8 JDM FTW!!!

someday I'll do the same as that Falcon, only with a 65 Mustang, only to shake the stupid mustang purists off their hooks. 460+hillbonrs+fenderwell headers+4speed+altered wheelbase+ladder bars+cragars+9 inch+crust-pie drag slicks+60s style graphics+street driven = everyone upset. oh yeah.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a GTO Judge , a great effort put forth by Pontiac. 👍

Just posted a bunch of VWs in the Imports thread, but thought this one would sit better with the 'Rods and customs:

I bought the issue of the mag this was in because it's the best Beetle I've ever seen, and certainly the cleanest. Everything underneath is pure white, all the fluid lines have been routed though the suspension tubing and the entire interior is white. It's gorgeous:

Nov_07_COTW_Wallpaper_Mark.jpg

more and more please (:

in the first picture there's some hard to find hardware, the American magnesium 12-spoke wheels and th finned Buick drum brakes are cool. Also of course the Type 3 (:

As much I've been bellyaching about Cross-Brand engine swaps, this one was too good to pass up. The engine probably didn't have a chassis left, and, most importantly...

IT WASN'T A CHEVROLET SMALL BLOCK.

Possibly the worlds greatest personal Chevy car collection - Dennis Albaugh's Chevy Collection, Ankeny , Iowa . . .

chevy1.jpg

chevy2.jpg

chevy3.jpg

chevy4.jpg

chevy5.jpg

chevy6.jpg

chevy7.jpg

Notice anything about the cars on the photos? They're all convertibles.

Back