Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,230 comments
RR5SPs don't make any sense to me on a car with such form.

Let me show you my Nitro Doorslammer when I finish it.

I love this particularly because I not only have a soft spot for Rampages and Brats, but more so for Shelby Mopars.
Plus the color is gorgeous; there's so much depth to it and your paint guy really hit it out of the park with this one. 👍

My Daytona in my avatar may be the V6, but I DEFINATELY plan on owning the Shelby version in the future.

Ah, I was meaning to ask you if that was your car. Pretty cool rig 👍

You cleared the paint before you put the decal on, right? How much time do you have to apply the decal and to move and adjust its positioning before it settles?

like 1 minute before it starts bein' difficult to slide around. But if that happens, simply grab a drop of water with your finger and put it over it, wait a second and try again, it will move. When you're pleased with it, use a piece of toilet paper to gently absorb the water so it will settle faster.

Ah yes of course, to protect it from everything. In my case I didn't clear it because I wanted it to look like a matte application, but in most cases you apply your paint, let it dry, THEN apply the decals and then clear it. In this case for example, the lack of protection has already taken it's toll: a small corner of the hood decal has just broken, as when the paper dries up it doesn't feel like normal paper, it's like very hard plastic, but very prone to breaking.

Cool Stutz Cano 👍, i had no idea HW did a cast of that (really like the boot mounted spare wheel on that thing), reminds me a bit of that car from the film "The Car"... which also reminds me, i came across a custom on another site that someones done of that car aswell, they've captured it perfect.

Woah, nice Rampage Cano. I really like how you made it into the Shelby version. That blue screams performance. 👍

Lets see another car, now.

The few things that can be detailed such as the grille in black, door handles, turn signals and taillights received the treatment:
IMG_1085.jpg

What donor did you use for these wheels? Just what the 540K ordered. :dopey:

Great customs BTW. :drool:

not even Ultrahots have come up with wide whites again. Your best bet is to look for the 2002 rat rod series:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Hot-Wh...Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item1e745cd9db

Those were the last appearances of wide white basic wheels ever, to the best of my knowledge. I've been able to find several of those in flea markets for about a buck each. I dunno if you could do that over there, but I'd say that would be your best bet.

Those are "RARE"?

And I just busted open my Track-T from that series for the wheels too.

Yup, I also have like 6 of those waiting to donate, lol.

The only car that is hard to find off that series, or at least over here in Mexico it was even rare, was the purple 50 Ford. That thing was super scarce here.

I'd get something off TradeMe (NZ's eBay), but practically everything pre 2000 is packaged, which I'd hate to open considering it's age.

I'll have to look on eBay, but shipping's going to be a killer. :scared:

Man, it is so much fun making things knowing you don't have to give a crap about how terrible it looks. Don't ever have to worry about breaking it. I'm talking about this compact spray booth I just finished making with one of my many thousand parcel boxes I have shoved underneath this computer:

18096_10151547312704097_1547370445_n.jpg

75962_10151547312764097_1669751509_n.jpg

305674_10151547312834097_424957958_n.jpg

I don't need to explain the slotted tissue paper, do I?

That's the point. :)

It could be a tad bigger, but I'm not making it collapsible because I was too lazy so I'm keeping it small. Now I can spray paint in the basement washroom over the winter season.

Come to think of it, I probably could have just cut down the collapsible foamcore lightbox I made last year since I'm never using it anymore.

Last edited:
Back