How do we Turn OFF our PS2 MODCHIPS ?

• Thread starter fLipb0y
  • 38 comments
ahhh darn it , well actually , i aint really sure , cuz i took my apart and i tried 2 pull the chip off but it seems its stuck , is there any way take it off ?:confused: :banghead: :confused: :banghead:

Nope, it's soldered. Don't try to yank it off because if you do and it comes off you will probably need a new PS2.

ok, if u got it a long time ago, or if you were cheap, then you are ducked. Else, if it's a magic 3.1 or newer (messiah 2, apple 2, dms 3, etc) then you just follow the chip's instructions. my magic 3.1 is as follows:

go to the boot menu, hold reset until the console goes to sleep mode (red reset led), then hold reset again until the blue eject led comes on. that's sleep mode for me

You *could* also solder an on/off switch if you have a magic 3 chip...i don't know about the others on the market

See... If you do not know what the hell you are doing, DO NOT BUY a mod chip.

Go ahead, try to pull the mod chip off, I dare you.

Swap trick works, but on imports, the game won't show up right on most consoles since pal > ntsc...to do that, you would need to make iso on pc and patch it to ntsc then burn it to dvd again.

@Oosacker...with the release of magic3.1, messiah2, and dms3, you won't need a new chip. The problem is that online gaming with a burnt game is impossible thanks to dnas checks (that's where they check the bios of the ps2 to confirm validity - chip bypasses original bios when it's enabled)

Originally posted by Viper Zero
See... If you do not know what the hell you are doing, DO NOT BUY a mod chip.

Go ahead, try to pull the mod chip off, I dare you.

Yes, I agree! I also dare him to pull the chip off.

So how successfull would it be to get a swap disk, then GT Concept and play it in North America?

Nick
zombie.gif

Originally posted by VipFREAK
So how successfull would it be to get a swap disk, then GT Concept and play it in North America?

Nick
zombie.gif

Uh, WHAT!? I don't understand what your just said. I wish I could answer.

I'm not familar with any of these mod stuff but I just want to be able to play GT Concept on my ps2. I don't want to have to open my ps2 up because like you guys say, "if you don't know what your doing don't buy a Mod chip". So could you use that "swap disk" or "boot CD/cD swap" whatever it's called to play GT Concept on an American PS2.

Nick
zombie.gif

Originally posted by emad
ok, if u got it a long time ago, or if you were cheap, then you are ducked. Else, if it's a magic 3.1 or newer (messiah 2, apple 2, dms 3, etc) then you just follow the chip's instructions. my magic 3.1 is as follows:

go to the boot menu, hold reset until the console goes to sleep mode (red reset led), then hold reset again until the blue eject led comes on. that's sleep mode for me

You *could* also solder an on/off switch if you have a magic 3 chip...i don't know about the others on the market

My Messiah 2 works like that, but my friends DMS 3 chip you have to hold down a button on the controller. Oh and I have found that all the current games work with my chip, although i'll be royally pissed if the Japanese GT4 doesn't.

Also pulling the chip off really does help, doing this will allow your PS2 to play Gamecube games, if you hold down select and start for 10 mins.

Vip: If you want to play a legitimate copy of GTC, your only option is a mod chip.

lol , how many ppl, here has mod-chips here and works with the new games u can play online like madden 2004 , and socom II and ETC.

lol , how many ppl, here has mod-chips here and works with the new games u can play online like madden 2004 , and socom II and ETC. ?:confused: :confused: :confused:

well i moved to jordan now and all ps2 are modded when u buy them,i bought mine from canada before coming cause its cheaper and i moded mine for 30$,and i 56K internet so its too slow for online play so i never tried and BTW,here in jordan they dont sell ORIGINAL game,all games are copied game taht u buy for 4 #(isnt that great) and the modchip will play ntsc and pal,and switch auto to the wanted version of the game

you can play any game online as long as your chip is turned off and the game is real.

it is technologically impossible to go online with a burnt game because a mod chip replaces the ps2's bios when it's turned on. This means that the chip doesn't have the real bios and sony will give you a lovely dnas check

I have a mod chip, and I don't have to do anything to make any of my games go online, I just turn it on like normal. For both burned, and original copies. The chip I have is Magic 4.1

It's sold with a warning:

warning: there is a 99 % chance that your ps2 will be severely damaged when you use "modchip toggler"

Back