How far can your ps3 controller reach?

• Thread starter apec
  • 21 comments
dabroad
I went into my neighborhood and I could control Bob. How far do they usually reach?
Can I bring it to my office which is 1 mile away?

In my house it has worked everywhere. At the furthest point I'd say it's about 80 feet away. Haven't tried to max the range though.

However, one mile is way too far. It will not work at all.

TB
The range for Class 2 Bluetooth is +/-30 meters.

^^^this^^^^

One said it, the other agreed with it...... not sure which is funniest. :dopey:

The correct answer, quoted from Quatech.com...

"Class 1 and Class 2 Bluetooth
The major difference between the 2 classes of Bluetooth adapter is communication range and power requirements. As a rule, you will typically trade power consumption for distance (though all Bluetooth devices typically have low power requirements relative to other types of computer add-in devices.) Class 2 Bluetooth devices have a communication range of 10 meters (30 feet), and Class 1 adapters provide a communication range of 100 meters (300 feet)."

I've only gone as far as the kitchen, and from there to my living room it was difficult to play/see even using a 6'X7' screen!
Why anybody would want a further range than 10 metres is beyond me.

+/- 30 meters means roughly 30 meters. It could be 28,28,31,32 meters etc. There is no exact value it's just a rough estimation.

Ikarys is right, +/- isn't same as "about". +/- 30 indicates an exact range from -30 to 30. +/- 2 30 m means 28, 29, 30, 31 or 32 meters.

Ikarys is right, +/- isn't same as "about". +/- 30 indicates an exact range from -30 to 30. +/- 2 30 m means 28, 29, 30, 31 or 32 meters.

Ohh I stand corrected :)

But let's not get into the "physics" of displacement etc

Silly person, can you see your TV screen from a mile away to control that Bob?
Check out Remote Racing. It's what you're after I presume.

You guys have jokes
Reason is so I can do an endurance race with bob and pace up every 5-10 minutes or so. Pretty smart huh

You guys have jokes
Reason is so I can do an endurance race with bob and pace up every 5-10 minutes or so. Pretty smart huh

My pad will work about 10 metres away, while I haven't actually measured the distance, I reckon that's pretty accurate. Anyway just put him in a car way better than the A.I is in and just leave it, far simpler.

Back