How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

You can hit the walls, but not the other cars.
I've tried this 3 times, hit the wall, tapped the AI, and span out. Got the CRB every time so far!

A nice little credit grinder - I just do 5 laps at a time at Daytona. My heavily upgraded, engine-swapped Sambabus provides a win and 297,750 cr for around 5 mins. It has 534 bhp, and weighs 917 kg and so has 682pp.

I hobbled the Tomahawk with RS/CH tyres (Edit, the AI always have RS), gearing to 500kph, and then each gear down to 51 kph. To complete this, detune the power 70% min, and add 200kg ballast. The LSD to 5 on everything. This tune started as the old Tokyo settings glitch from a year or so ago. And altered the final drive ratio to slow them down further.

Edit.
BMB, 8 laps can be completed in 7 mins, for 305,850 cr (inc CRB).

Using a fully upgraded Autobianchi (but not tuned), 8 laps at Daytona yield 271,800 cr (inc CRB). The original stock pp for the A112 is 303pp ??). A fully tuned Fiat 500F yields the same credit for a win as the Sambabus (297,750 cr) for a 5 lap race.

Okay, slow to realise, the payouts are based on the old N200, N300 and so on. Anything up to N199 gets the highest payout starting from 39,700 cr per lap (at Daytona). upto N299 is 32,000 per lap.

Started playing with different tracks, with fuel and tyre wear.
Using the Mini Cooper s '65 - because I enjoy driving this, Northern Isle was pretty good fun.
Using 50x tyre wear, 0x Fuel with the Mini on RH (about 600pp), easy win, 3 mins and 61,000 cr.
Tried, 0x tyres, and 50x fuel, RS, FM6 and left in 5th. Again quite enjoyable.
Also tried Broad Bean with these settings, but 10 laps. But changed refueling to 1 litre per second. Get a few laps to myself! And win by 5 laps. Looks like this might be quite enjoyable to experiment with these settings on more interesting circuits

Last edited:
Can someone help me understand how to idle this? I’ve copied the tomahawk and Sambabus settings from earlier in this thread and I can easily pass them on manual control but if I try to idle it by wall riding I don’t pass a single Tomahawk. I’m getting lap times around 1.11 by wallriding so I’m thinking it’s something with my Tomahawk tune? Thanks

Can someone help me understand how to idle this? I’ve copied the tomahawk and Sambabus settings from earlier in this thread and I can easily pass them on manual control but if I try to idle it by wall riding I don’t pass a single Tomahawk. I’m getting lap times around 1.11 by wallriding so I’m thinking it’s something with my Tomahawk tune? Thanks
Make sure to nerf the tomahawk gear ratios and power limit to 70. I can finish laps ahead Dojng 1.11 lap times in Sambabus.

Bless you, OP.

I want to stress the importance of having a high rolling start interval, so the Tomahawks get grouped into 4/5 groups and it's easier to overtake them safely.

Has anybody fiddled with the fuel consumption rate? Can you shave some more seconds towards the end of the race?

I did this cool trick with the jeep which I find its easier to drive then the Fiat 500.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231103050401.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20231103050455.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20231103050504.jpg

Some of you seem to not have nitrous equipped. Worth noting it'll massively boost your laptimes, and thus credit payout, although even with the maximum multiplier it can only last about 8 laps.

Can confirm this works. I used the settings in the first post. I used manual controls to start the race and get a 5-10 second lead. Then I just taped down the accelerator as well as the joystick turning right. Walked away and 20 min later had 890,000 credits with only a 200% bonus. Didn't bother with nos and won with no issues running approximately 48 second lap times iirc. The key is to leave the car in 3rd gear and play on easy difficulty. The AI would sometimes start to close the gap but would back off once they caught up. Thank you OP, just cancelled my plans this weekend lol.

Last edited:
Bless you, OP.

I want to stress the importance of having a high rolling start interval, so the Tomahawks get grouped into 4/5 groups and it's easier to overtake them safely.

Has anybody fiddled with the fuel consumption rate? Can you shave some more seconds towards the end of the race?
I can’t increase the rolling start interval, it just gets stuck on 15, no matter what I set.

I can’t increase the rolling start interval, it just gets stuck on 15, no matter what I set.
Weird, I can set it to 50 meters no problem.
At the risk of asking the obvious, are you on Daytona oval? Rolling start enabled?

EDIT: maybe it was 50 feet? Anyway, set it to the max available

Last edited:
Can confirm this works. I used the settings in the first post. I used manual controls to start the race and get a 5-10 second lead. Then I just taped down the accelerator as well as the joystick turning right. Walked away and 20 min later had 890,000 credits with only a 200% bonus. Didn't bother with nos and won with no issues running approximately 48 second lap times iirc. The key is to leave the car in 3rd gear and play on easy difficulty. The AI would sometimes start to close the gap but would back off once they caught up. Thank you OP, just cancelled my plans this weekend lol.
Just a daft observation, but have you considered setting the transmission to auto to avoid needing to leave it in 3rd...?

We need an AHK script now. Can’t seem to get the old ones to run with latest psremote play.

Being discussed in a busy gt7 discord group that has people who've built various scripts before for gt7.

So won't be long I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Used OP settings and = 25 laps in 20m 03s = 1.488.000 cr with clean bonus
me too, 1.488mill in 21 mins with the abarth on comfort hards.. that's 4.5mill/hr.... it has been mentioned in the 1.40 update thread.. if it gets noisy, the fun police at PD will find a way to nerf it... right now though, it is a beautiful thing... it's enuff to have me playing again

Word is out - this has already been posted on YouTube! PD finally gave us higher paying custom races. Hope they don't pull it back.

When doing the rubber band, do you guys have issues with your car hitting the Tomahawks on the straights?

How do you go around that?

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Are you sure about your setup/tune being stable in corners? I tried it 1:1 and sorry to say I cannot get one banked corner without loosing the rear. Totally undriveable.

Edit: this one kinda works.

Attachments

• IMG_5466.jpeg
    IMG_5466.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Did this vaguely following OP's settings, first race worked aside from me getting violently brake checked by the AI which lost the clean bonus lmao.

@Gintonyx RS tires on the rear, CS tires on front is what I used.

Last edited:
i literally don't understand how you choose your opponents cars - all that keeps happening is i have a grid of the same car as mine
In the 'Race Settings' menu, there is an option to select cars from the garage.
I don't remember the exact wording but it's midway down the right section of the Race Settings menu, after the weather option if I recall correctly.
I think you can also change each car individually by clicking on the opponent's name.

When doing the rubber band, do you guys have issues with your car hitting the Tomahawks on the straights?

How do you go around that?

Edit: typo
It happens sometimes, I managed to minimize that possibility by using the Samba Bus because it's the car that hugs the wall the most but if you're going AFK then there isn't much else to be done.

I'm having trouble avoiding the tomahawks while actively playing lmao. They tend to get bunched up and create an inescapable funnel while in my out of control death machine abarth.

Still hard to beat the standard 700pp 30min le sarthe with a detuned 787b on wets, short shift or adjust fuel trim. No pit stops. 825k per 30 min with a clean race which apparently doesn’t matter if you smash walls or cars bc I always get it.

I know what you might be thinking as you read the title of this thread - there's no way this guy actually made decent money using the Custom Races, right? Throughout the GT community, their payouts have been mocked and derided ever since the game's launch, and even now they remain a laughing stock for all who have played GT7. But I'm here to tell you... there is a little-known way to cheat the system, and actually make some decent bank from Custom Races.

Disclaimer - this "exploit" is entirely reliant on a few select engine swaps, so if you're missing those, you're pretty much out of luck. Here are a few of the cars that are viable for this trick:

• Abarth 595 with K20 swap
  • Willys Jeep with Hellcat swap
  • Volkswagen 1200 or SambaBus with M64/03 swap

The reason these vehicles are suitable is because the game bases the payout of Custom Races on your vehicle's stock PP, which flies completely out of the window once engine swaps get involved. You may have noticed that when applying the Random grid option, the game fills the grid with cars of a similar level to a stock version of the car you're driving, even if you've upgraded it to its utmost limits - the same system applies to the payouts as well.

As for your car's tune, you'll need a setup that is both fast on straights, and stable in corners. This trick is mainly focused on oval tracks, such as Route X, Daytona and Northern Isle (Daytona provides the best results), so make sure your tune is capable of taking on banked turns. For reference, here is the tune I use for my Abarth:

View attachment 1247965
View attachment 1247966

Once you've got your car swapped and kitted out, you're gonna need to get out your Tomahawk X (if you've got one; if you don't, just grab one for a million - you'll be making it back soon enough anyway), which naturally provides the highest payout, being the highest-PP opponent possible. You'll need to apply the following tune to it:

View attachment 1247967
View attachment 1247968

This tune utterly destroys the Tomahawk's speed and handling potential, thus rendering it an ineffective opponent. Next, go to Daytona Tri-Oval, and begin creating a Custom Race.

In the settings screen, the only settings you'll need to adjust are those that affect your money-making potential. These are as follows:

Race Type - Lap
No. of Laps - Anything below 26 (as that is where diminishing returns start to kick in)
No. of Cars - 20
Starting Grid - 20
Start Type - Rolling Start (gets you up to speed quicker)
Boost - Off
Nitrous Usage Time Multiplier - 10.0x
Rival Difficulty - Professional Level

Next, go to your grid settings, and fill the grid with your newly neutered Tomahawks. Once all this is done, you're pretty much ready to race!
Simply make sure you avoid hitting any opponents (wallriding is fine) and you should be good to go. With each lap averaging around 44-45 seconds in the Abarth, and each lap awarding 7,936 credits (11,904 with the clean race bonus) I managed to make over 950,000 credits per hour.

Of course, this still pales in comparison to the payouts of the Big Four, but for a Custom Race? Utterly unprecedented. I look forward to seeing how some of you may optimise this grind even further, and perhaps even write a script for it!

Still hard to beat the standard 700pp 30min le sarthe with a detuned 787b on wets, short shift or adjust fuel trim slightly. No pit stops. 825k per 30 min with a clean race which apparently doesn’t matter if you smash walls or cars bc I always get it.

Love this thread.

I haven't script grinded for months after I earned enough to get all my cars but this method is awesome. The prior script grind was only around 500k per hour and now I want to try this just because!

I'd love to see if I could get over 4m/hr. Never done an engine swap. Will have to see if I have the right engines...

Back