How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

I may have to dust off the Abarth again and run this. A few million credits/hour sounds nice, especially if I don’t really have to do anything. I already own every car in the game, but if these updates keep coming out with 5 or 6 cars you know there is going to be a crazy 10-20M credit car they put out. I would love to have 50M in credits banked so I’m ready for something like that.

Last edited:
I may have to dust off the Abarth again and run this. A few million credits/hour sounds nice, especially if I don’t really have to do anything. I already own every car in the game, but if these updates keep coming out with 5 or 6 cars you know there is going to be a crazy 10-20M credit car they put out. I would love to have 50M in credits banked so I’m ready for something like that.
It's more the engine swaps... 4 of the new swaps are the Chiron engine... 1.6m a pop, before you've tuned it and bought any other parts...

I'm having trouble avoiding the tomahawks while actively playing lmao. They tend to get bunched up and create an inescapable funnel while in my out of control death machine abarth.
They caught me up in the draught at the start n wrecked me :) then all of a sudden they started to crawl round the track.

It's more the engine swaps... 4 of the new swaps are the Chiron engine... 1.6m a pop, before you've tuned it and bought any other parts...
I've already got my Abarth and my Beetle engine swapped. The Abarth is a touch faster around the Daytona Oval, so it's the better choice if I'm going for max. credits/hour.

What penalties settings do you use to get Clean Race Bonus? I can’t seem to get it just wall riding, does tapping the AI bumper or violently spinning and hitting the walls hard kill CRB?

What penalties settings do you use to get Clean Race Bonus? I can’t seem to get it just wall riding, does tapping the AI bumper or violently spinning and hitting the walls hard kill CRB?
Use the controller and set the steering to motion control. Lean the controller against the wall and slightly prop the left side a bit higher than the right. The car just taps along the outside wall with this setup.

Going off track (I think the infield counts), and contact with AI kills CRB. Wall-riding is fine.

When doing the rubber band, do you guys have issues with your car hitting the Tomahawks on the straights?

How do you go around that?

Edit: typo
No. I've tuned my Fiat 595 to run 57-second laps and this is how it works for me...

I manually drive the first two laps (first is for passing the Tomahawks, second is for building a gap) then I attach two rubber bands and walk away. My 12-second lead will slowly grow to 20-25 seconds by the end of the race without even being in the room. CRB every time, provided you don't touch other cars or cross the yellow line on the apron.

Attachments

• GT7grind1.jpg
    GT7grind1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 21
  • GT7grind2.jpg
    GT7grind2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
No. I've tuned my Fiat 500 to run 57-second laps and this is how it works for me...

I manually drive the first two laps (first is for passing the Tomahawks, second is for building a gap) then I attach two rubber bands and walk away. My 12-second lead will slowly grow to 20-25 seconds by the end of the race without even being in the room. CRB every time, provided you don't touch other cars or cross the yellow line on the apron.

Can you please tell us your race settings, your cars PP and Tomahawks PP ? I'm using Abarth as well and even with CRB and 25 laps I get 900k, no clue how you get those extra 500k

Can you please tell us your race settings, your cars PP and Tomahawks PP ? I'm using Abarth as well and even with CRB and 25 laps I get 900k, no clue how you get those extra 500k
Use the settings from the OP, I get 1.4m with CRB with those.

I'm using the OP's setup (engine-swapped Fiat with nerfed Tomahawks). Do you have the full 400% payout boost (200% from collector level and 200% from all golds on your circuit experience)?

Also, make sure you're starting from 20th place on the grid.

Last edited:
I can confirm that this works, almost double the payout for the same amount of time and at zero effort compared to Sardegna 800 and Sarthe 700. Thank you OP!

Attachments

• IMG_8081.jpeg
    IMG_8081.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8078.jpeg
    IMG_8078.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Using the rubberband method (well, I'm just letting the sticks rest on a box, same effect, no screaming when the rubberband inevitably ends up breaking). Aero is not needed anymore, I removed the parts. Also changed the final to 5.500, now the car is running low 53s laps on its own. It gets clean race bonus, although not 100% consistently, so I'm thinking about making the Tomahawk maybe a bit faster so it doesn't get lapped.

i literally don't understand how you choose your opponents cars - all that keeps happening is i have a grid of the same car as mine
Select "Select fromGarage" option in Rivals Selection (1st option under Rivals Settings). Then drop to option box directly below, "Select from Garage". You'll see that all are in your same car (Fiat?).
....But, if you click on each one, will have the option to change the car. Change each car to the (Tomahawk X?).
Sounds like you're seeing the correct grid of rivals, just try clicking on each and should be able to swap them to the car you want them to be...

Select "Select fromGarage" option in Rivals Selection (1st option under Rivals Settings). Then drop to option box directly below, "Select from Garage". You'll see that all are in your same car (Fiat?).
....But, if you click on each one, will have the option to change the car. Change each car to the (Tomahawk X?).
Sounds like you're seeing the correct grid of rivals, just try clicking on each and should be able to swap them to the car you want them to be...
It's faster if you create the race while in the red bull. This way the whole field will already be red bull's. Then just save the settings and switch to your 500. Load settings and done. Saves you from having to switch every single competitor.

Last edited:
I'm using the OP's setup (engine-swapped Fiat with nerfed Tomahawks). Do you have the full 400% payout boost (200% from collector level and 200% from all golds on your circuit experience)?

Also, make sure you're starting from 20th place on the grid.

Thanks for the reply, problem was in the circuit experience, i havent played it yet. Thought those 200% extra are only for quick race and not for customs as well

No. I've tuned my Fiat 500 to run 57-second laps and this is how it works for me...

Fiat 500 or 595?

I’ve been following this thread throughout the day and just finished up a big session on Daytona with the Sambus, cashing out 12mil.
All the recent posts were super helpful, thanks everyone :)

All my runs were manually driven and I experimented for optimal nitrous settings over 26 laps.
The best setup I found was to have the nitrous output set to 100% and only use it in the big banking turns.
Nitrous would last for 18-19 laps, averaging 46.5 to 47s.
The remainder laps averaged 50s.

This worked best for me since I could use it in the straights to avoid traffic while stretching it over the whole race.
By the time I ran out, the field was spread enough to not worry too much.

I consistently ran 20m 50s races across all nitrous testing (10%, 25%, 40%, 50% outputs).

Soapbox:
The new Spec II system provides a long awaited increase in earning potential, but don’t forget we’ve seen PD clamp down on high credit per hour races and exploits consistently, and this current opportunity is the best we’ve had yet.

Get in and make bank while you can, I don’t think it will be around for long.

Anyone got a tune for the VW? I can't get this to work

I used this guys suspension settings for the Sambus and set the racing tranny to 190km, decked out with everything I could in the tuning shop.
RS tyres.
Works a dream kept in 4th gear.

I can confirm that this is possible on the Daytona Tri-oval track.

I'm using a swapped Samba Bus with the following specs, the best thing about it is that I don't even have to do any steering input right from the start and the clean racing bonus is secured 9 times out of 10(sometimes a Tomahawk gets in the way and the Bus crashes on it, losing the bonus).

The race takes about 30 minutes, completely hands-off from start to finish.

You can make this be over an hour but as already pointed out by the OP, diminishing returns kicks in at 26 laps so the ideal amount of laps per race is 25.

**edit
He has photos of the tune that didn’t save in the quote, you can find his post on page 1.

Last edited:
I can confirm that this works, almost double the payout for the same amount of time and at zero effort compared to Sardegna 800 and Sarthe 700. Thank you OP!
can you provide your setup? I'm keen on trying this with the Beetle.

I know what you might be thinking as you read the title of this thread - there's no way this guy actually made decent money using the Custom Races, right? Throughout the GT community, their payouts have been mocked and derided ever since the game's launch, and even now they remain a laughing stock for all who have played GT7. But I'm here to tell you... there is a little-known way to cheat the system, and actually make some decent bank from Custom Races.

Disclaimer - this "exploit" is entirely reliant on a few select engine swaps, so if you're missing those, you're pretty much out of luck. Here are a few of the cars that are viable for this trick:

• Abarth 595 with K20 swap
  • Willys Jeep with Hellcat swap
  • Volkswagen 1200 or SambaBus with M64/03 swap

The reason these vehicles are suitable is because the game bases the payout of Custom Races on your vehicle's stock PP, which flies completely out of the window once engine swaps get involved. You may have noticed that when applying the Random grid option, the game fills the grid with cars of a similar level to a stock version of the car you're driving, even if you've upgraded it to its utmost limits - the same system applies to the payouts as well.

As for your car's tune, you'll need a setup that is both fast on straights, and stable in corners. This trick is mainly focused on oval tracks, such as Route X, Daytona and Northern Isle (Daytona provides the best results), so make sure your tune is capable of taking on banked turns. For reference, here is the tune I use for my Abarth:

View attachment 1247965
View attachment 1247966

Once you've got your car swapped and kitted out, you're gonna need to get out your Tomahawk X (if you've got one; if you don't, just grab one for a million - you'll be making it back soon enough anyway), which naturally provides the highest payout, being the highest-PP opponent possible. You'll need to apply the following tune to it:

View attachment 1247967
View attachment 1247968

This tune utterly destroys the Tomahawk's speed and handling potential, thus rendering it an ineffective opponent. Next, go to Daytona Tri-Oval, and begin creating a Custom Race.

In the settings screen, the only settings you'll need to adjust are those that affect your money-making potential. These are as follows:

Race Type - Lap
No. of Laps - Anything below 26 (as that is where diminishing returns start to kick in)
No. of Cars - 20
Starting Grid - 20
Start Type - Rolling Start (gets you up to speed quicker)
Boost - Off
Nitrous Usage Time Multiplier - 10.0x
Rival Difficulty - Professional Level

Next, go to your grid settings, and fill the grid with your newly neutered Tomahawks. Once all this is done, you're pretty much ready to race!
Simply make sure you avoid hitting any opponents (wallriding is fine) and you should be good to go. With each lap averaging around 44-45 seconds in the Abarth, and each lap awarding 7,936 credits (11,904 with the clean race bonus) I managed to make over 950,000 credits per hour.

Of course, this still pales in comparison to the payouts of the Big Four, but for a Custom Race? Utterly unprecedented. I look forward to seeing how some of you may optimise this grind even further, and perhaps even write a script for it!
Hi there, this looks really cool and I look forward to trying it! I’m kind of struggling to get the gear ratios on the Abarth. How did you get those figures? Thanks!

EDIT - I also assume you bought the non-removal bits and bobs ie. Polish Ports, Engine Tuning?

Last edited:
I just completed a race, got the payout/reward screen and saw my credit tally go up.
When I returned to the world map the credits didn’t apply.
I relaunched the game and it still isn’t showing what it should.

The thing to perhaps note is I completed a race before hand, then hit retry.
The retried race credits haven’t applied but the first race payout did.

Maybe a bug, or PD has capped me :P

Still hard to beat the standard 700pp 30min le sarthe with a detuned 787b on wets, short shift or adjust fuel trim slightly. No pit stops. 825k per 30 min with a clean race which apparently doesn’t matter if you smash walls or cars bc I always get it.
jus saying... it's pretty easy to beat with this thread subject.. 1.4mill in 21 minutes with CRB.... :) try it once, you'll never look back

Back