How many of you will continue to play GT6?

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 156 comments
I'm still come back to this game just like any other GT game. I just hope they will keep the online mode for a while.

Alot of us are hoping for the same thing. Even though GTS just released the GT6 online lobbies were full of people racing last night. It would benefit Sony & PD to keep GT6 going because so many of us are not going to GTS. If they were smart they could make more money by reinvesting in it again but they won't.

With PC2 and FM7 just being released and GTS just around the corner how many are just staying with GT6 and the PS3 until they pull the plug on the servers?

I like GT6 and apparently I'm not the only one because the online rooms are full of people on the weekends and during the night on weekdays. I spend 90% of my time offline car collecting and working on test & tuning, then I'm online twice a week with a group of around 15 people who I just met doing 400pp to 550pp racing. Lots of fun.

Since I have no interest in the new direction Grand Turismo has taken and I'm in no rush to run out and buy the Xbox to get FM7 on release day I was just curious on how many others were doing the same thing and still going to enjoying GT6 until the end.

Hi Rinsky.
I for one intend to stick with GT6. I don't have. PS4 and I have no intention of rushing out to get one just for GT Sport, not with the many negative reviews that I have read about it. I am sure it is great for some, but personally I don't do online racing and for now I am quite happy pottering about in GT6 ,tuning some cars which I stick onto the database...( there must be some out there that are still looking for new tunes:) ).Like yourself I prefer the cars in the 400 - 500PP range and have had a lot of fun tuning cars in this category. Not everyone likes them in that range, but each to their own! For now tho' I will be sticking around.

I definitely see your point on how the stockyard can be a pain. I don't use it because I only buy the premium model cars and I think they will all fit in the main garage. I can't stand the low quality standard cars with no detailed Interiors so I will not buy them. That's my main complaint with GT6.

I was exactly the same as yourself. I only used Premium cars in cockpit view......until I finally got around to trying my hand at tuning......now I can't help myself running the odd Standard car, because there are some very good ones in the game.....just a shame about the detail and the crummy cockpit view!

I was exactly the same as yourself. I only used Premium cars in cockpit view......until I finally got around to trying my hand at tuning......now I can't help myself running the odd Standard car, because there are some very good ones in the game.....just a shame about the detail and the crummy cockpit view!

I only race online with a few people other than that most of my time is spent offline. I see your adding some new tunes to the database I will give a few of them a try when I get time. Trying to come up with new tunes is so much fun to me and even just staying with the premium cars is enough to keep me busy without ever touching a standard car although I have done a few of the 80s models. Every different tire compound requires a different tune so the possibilities are endless. GT6 is the best in the series when it comes to tuning cars. So I don't see myself leaving GT6 anytime soon and especially not for GTS.

I’m starting to think that GT5 & GT6 will be totally closed down to any downloads soon including any updates. Just a guess cause imho I don’t think GTS will be doing that well over the long haul and it would be a possibility and some may think by doing so it would bring more people and purchases of the PS4 and GTS. I think I read somewhere that PS3 support is no longer available and some are having difficulty with installing and connecting lately. I for one like GT5 much better for offline which I installed through v2.11 and I might suggest anyone looking to go back should do any installs they wish now as a preventative measure. Better safe than sorry later...

If I could only switch more easily between my wheels and systems I would definitely keep playing GT6 *and* GT5 for that matter. I’ve got too much interest in DiRT 4, DiRT Rally, WRC7 and a couple other non-racing games on PS4 to swap the G29 for the G27 on my rig just so the H-shifter will work. It’s really a pain and a shame. I also don’t care for the lack of cars/tracks in GTSport and its online racing focus.

There is no marketing reason to close GT 6 servers at this moment, imo !
The game have no sequel on PS 3 and the servers are still full of fellas enjoying the free online gaming !

I’m starting to think that GT5 & GT6 will be totally closed down to any downloads soon including any updates. Just a guess cause imho I don’t think GTS will be doing that well over the long haul and it would be a possibility and some may think by doing so it would bring more people and purchases of the PS4 and GTS. I think I read somewhere that PS3 support is no longer available and some are having difficulty with installing and connecting lately. I for one like GT5 much better for offline which I installed through v2.11 and I might suggest anyone looking to go back should do any installs they wish now as a preventative measure. Better safe than sorry later...

Oh how right you were...........unfortunately:indiff:.

Ill play gt6 when i feel nostalgic and try to play on great tracks like midfield, trial mountain and other tracks that made gt games great.
gt sport has none of it and thats why i dont buy it.
Gt6 has many real tracks and great fantasy wich made the series famous. But gt sport has nothing of it.
Sure it has some nice cars but thats it. id rather get project cars 2

I have GT6 permanently set up at work with my mx5 seat attached to wheel stand pro and with g25.

7 or 8 of us all do a leaderboard for a given car and track which changes every few weeks (when we start chasing the last few 10ths)

I have GT6 permanently set up at work with my mx5 seat attached to wheel stand pro and with g25.

7 or 8 of us all do a leaderboard for a given car and track which changes every few weeks (when we start chasing the last few 10ths)

Your work hiring because that sounds like my kinda job :lol:

I actually came BACK to GT6 just recently, only to find the severs go off soon. :(
Oh my.. well, I dont really like online racing much anyway. Too many idiots ruin the fun. In my haste to get all licences in 6, I found there were events I hadnt completed! Shame on me. I still like and enjoy GT6, although I have a PS4 too and GT Sport. Sport is good but, wow... like way limited! Especially offline, even with the added campaign mode. So wanting more cars and challenges, back to GT6 I go. I only use the premium cars but at least, theres like 400 of them.
And when I finish the game... I'll do it over again. I set myself challenges like, getting all stars using only say, european cars. Or classic cars. I kept GT4 alive doing this for years.

BF

I actually came BACK to GT6 just recently, only to find the severs go off soon. :(
Oh my.. well, I dont really like online racing much anyway. Too many idiots ruin the fun. In my haste to get all licences in 6, I found there were events I hadnt completed! Shame on me. I still like and enjoy GT6, although I have a PS4 too and GT Sport. Sport is good but, wow... like way limited! Especially offline, even with the added campaign mode. So wanting more cars and challenges, back to GT6 I go. I only use the premium cars but at least, theres like 400 of them.
And when I finish the game... I'll do it over again. I set myself challenges like, getting all stars using only say, european cars. Or classic cars. I kept GT4 alive doing this for years.

BF

Much the same for me. I just came back after last playing in December 2015 only to find out that they are preparing to turn off the lights in a couple months. I have spent the last day or so reacquainting myself with the game, doing the seasonals and collecting a few of the better community made maps. I am a big fan of Super GT, GT300, GT500 and 90-2000 era Japanese sports cars so there is just no replacement game out there for me. I will keep the PS3 hooked up to the wheel for casual racing and visiting old favorites. The wheel will also be connected to a computer so I can use iRacing for my competitive fix.

It would be nice if they would give us the ability to adjust our AI competition in single player both in terms of difficulty and opponent vehicles. Even in Professional, I find the competition to be too easy unless I seriously gimp myself with tires or PP settings.

Now, I am sorry I took a couple years off for other interest.

I have had a lot of fun playing GT6. Until GTS places Special Stage Route 5, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Sarthe, Cape Ring, and Côte d'Azur into the game, I will continue to play GT6 to revisit those memorable tracks.

Last edited:
I have had a lot of fun playing GT6. Until GTS places Special Stage Route 5, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Sarthe, Cape Ring, and Côte d'Azur into the game, I will continue to play GT6 to revisit those memorable tracks.

To play online competitively as the prime focus of the game (as well as the high cost of peripherals) put me off buying a PS4 - since the only reason I would have bought a PS4 was to play the evolution of GT6; I can't regard GTS as a whole step, but merely a sidestep into another discipline altogether.

To add to that, the lack of the above tracks you mentioned was the clincher. Heck I even miss some tracks in GT6! I have to play GT4 for that.

Taking GT6 offline, though, as they are planning to do soon, is going to cripple the game for many - including me, since there was no lack of online activity to participate in if I needed to.
Just simply hanging around a great track showing off our cars, doing stunts, and doing occasional races was always a delight if I found a lobby titled 'Track Day' and there was a GTP member hosting it.
Taking GT6 offline is going to double the 'need' for GTS.

To play online competitively as the prime focus of the game (as well as the high cost of peripherals) put me off buying a PS4 - since the only reason I would have bought a PS4 was to play the evolution of GT6; I can't regard GTS as a whole step, but merely a sidestep into another discipline altogether.

To add to that, the lack of the above tracks you mentioned was the clincher. Heck I even miss some tracks in GT6! I have to play GT4 for that.

Taking GT6 offline, though, as they are planning to do soon, is going to cripple the game for many - including me, since there was no lack of online activity to participate in if I needed to.
Just simply hanging around a great track showing off our cars, doing stunts, and doing occasional races was always a delight if I found a lobby titled 'Track Day' and there was a GTP member hosting it.
Taking GT6 offline is going to double the 'need' for GTS.

You run a great group that will continue to let people play GT6 long after the servers go down.

I was really against GTS when it first came out and couldn't believe how they basically abandoned so many long time GT fans. PD has since realized that mistake and really started working on single player content along with adding more & more production cars. The game has become quite fun now and will only continue to grow as time goes on.
I'm not into the competitive online racing stuff either but once I gave it a try it wasn't all that bad but it's still not great. On top of that most of the races are short 3 to 5 laps and it gets quite boring after awhile.

Now the online lobbies offer more options than in GT6 for customization and will become better when more people start playing in the years to come.
I'm really looking forward to the COTW group moving over to GTS at some point.

I still hate to see GT6 going offline in such a short time and all those people who still enjoy playing GT6 online or just can't afford to get a PS4 are definitely getting a raw deal.

So It's nice to see your group will still give those players something to play for and GT6 won't be completely a single player game.

I came back to GT6 because of the "Best from the East" which hit the UK last week. I was house bound for 4 days with 2 foot of snow and nowhere to go. Bored of Fifa 18 and Resident Evil, I looked in the games cupboard and right at the bottom of the pile, there it was, still a shiny as the very first day. Then I thought, I believe I still got a game save in a USB drive somewhere... wouldn't it be funny, if it'd still work.
You guessed it right, it did work and that's the reason why I'm here posting these lines.
Best game ever and even after 4 years, still draws you in and gets you excited about completing some time trials or some seasonal events. As a matter of fact, I managed to gold the Senna Tribute stage 4, which when I stopped playing it in August 2014 (date on the game save), I always thought I could never complete, so BONUS!
However, as I've never been an online racer, servers going down won't mean much to me. I still got my 50M credits and 64 of those Ferrari 330 P4 Race Cars (which I got with the Mercedes VGT money cheat) to trade in if needed.
So yeah, long life to GT6 and probably, at my age now and with different responsibilities in life, won't be investing in a PS4 and GTS in the near future. All the best fellows!

And here it is for the record!

Attachments

• 20180303_154359_resized_1 (1).jpg
    20180303_154359_resized_1 (1).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
I came back to GT6 because of the "Best from the East" which hit the UK last week. I was house bound for 4 days with 2 foot of snow and nowhere to go. Bored of Fifa 18 and Resident Evil, I looked in the games cupboard and right at the bottom of the pile, there it was, still a shiny as the very first day. Then I thought, I believe I still got a game save in a USB drive somewhere... wouldn't it be funny, if it'd still work.
You guessed it right, it did work and that's the reason why I'm here posting these lines.
Best game ever and even after 4 years, still draws you in and gets you excited about completing some time trials or some seasonal events. As a matter of fact, I managed to gold the Senna Tribute stage 4, which when I stopped playing it in August 2014 (date on the game save), I always thought I could never complete, so BONUS!
However, as I've never been an online racer, servers going down won't mean much to me. I still got my 50M credits and 64 of those Ferrari 330 P4 Race Cars (which I got with the Mercedes VGT money cheat) to trade in if needed.
So yeah, long life to GT6 and probably, at my age now and with different responsibilities in life, won't be investing in a PS4 and GTS in the near future. All the best fellows!

You should get online a few times before it's too late. So many people playing right now I'll bet you have some fun even if you don't like playing online that much.

I haven't played GT6 in a while, but I'm planning to jump online for the last few days. I'll even join a random server and play it until they pull the plug. I wish I had spent more time playing online to be honest. It's amazing what we take for granted, even with video games.

The saddest part about losing the servers is not the racing, but the open lobbies. I don't race that often. 90% of the time I join a server just to cruise around and meet other people. The social aspect of GT6 is something I will miss very much. For sure, we can do the same thing in GT Sport, but it won't quite be the same.

GT6 is not my favourite in the series, but it is still an amazing game that I will definitely revisit in the future for nostalgic purposes. I'm also on track to get the Platinum trophy for it, so even after the servers are gone, my GT6 journey won't be over.

To be honest, I've become quite philosophical about video games recently. The PS3 feels like a wasteland. It's very odd to find that none of my friends are online, because they're either on PS4 or left PSN years ago. It's a feeling which makes Fallout's landscape feel welcoming by comparison.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but as much as I love the PlayStation 3, it's biggest strength is also it's biggest weakness. The online aspect. Once that dies, the PS3 is only a fraction of what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, the PS3 will be loved by generations to come and there are still plenty of PS3 games out there that can be played long after the servers are gone, but it will never compare to when they were in their heyday.

By contrast, the PS1 & PS2. Gran Turismo 1 to 4 are timeless games that will never age, because they don't have online components that will one day be erased. When the servers of Gran Turismo 5 were shut down however, part of the games soul was wiped away forever, and that's a permanent scar. Alas, the same thing is going to happen to GT6, thus years of fun and enjoyment of Gran Turismo online gaming for PS3, will come to an end.... all too soon....

I dread to think what state GT Sport will be in when they axe it years in the future....

What I'm trying to say is, whatever game you're playing now, especially if it's an online one, appreciate the moments while they last, because before you know it, they will be gone forever. With that said, I'm going to make sure I make the most of Gran Turismo 6 multiplayer while it's still around.

Like my 2000 Nissan Maxima... I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. Absolute no interest in pay-to-play gaming. Learned a valuable lesson at FM3 during GT5s development... too many parents finance their children's online activity. It was way too childish there. I have no reason to believe that this has changed due to a GTA V visit, last year. I know, their 2different games but the online atmosphere was very familiar.

I've been 'GTing' since the very beginning and enjoyed driving supercars, prototypes and concepts that I'll never lay eyes on. And at the same time... felt as if stabbed in the heart after each new release from one reason to many others. The pay-to-play aspect AND offline aspects of Sport is my deathnil.

I like free stuff... so good riddance

Anyone up for some pick-up ball sports!

Back