Hurricane Watch: Post-Tropical Cyclone Sandy.

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 390 comments
You know that crane that was damaged? I fear that both the crane AND the building are going to collapse. That would be extremely catastrophic. :eek::nervous:

I'm still keeping my cool, don't worry. Nothing really bad in Pittsburgh as of yet.

If that building collapses then there will be even more questions because a crane next to the building SHOULD NOT cause a building to collapse if the building is that built up.

Stay safe everybody, I've been in a few of these and you can never be certain what's going to happen. One things for sure those that don't respect them are usually the ones that we read about as the unfortunate casualties.
Colorado gets Hurricanes? Aren't you like 500 miles inland though?

Wow.

523451_10151121878712756_129241901_n.jpg

The Alabama swamps and Bergen Swamps are around me, but I'm up on a ledge so I'm good. My news stations just clocked 50mph gusts but the house hasn't made any cracking nouses yet so it's not real bad yet.

EDIT:

It hasn't even made landfall yet...

16 foot waves reported on Lake Ontario and tens of thousands of power outages have been reported so far...

I dislike the edit. It's bringing bad news. I'm still thinking that this won't do much, but, I've never been through a full-blown hurricane. I have no idea what to expect, but, based on what I'm seeing (barometric pressure etc.,) I'm not expecting much damage in my area, despite apparently being directly in the wake of the worst part that will hit Canada.

That was never the cloud cover here at all. Also the statue faces South, which would mean the storm was coming from the Northwest and it was coming from the South/Southeast.

The wind has definatley picked up here. We've had quite a few gusts around 60mph I'm suprised we haven't got any power flashes yet.

I dislike the edit. It's bringing bad news. I'm still thinking that this won't do much, but, I've never been through a full-blown hurricane. I have no idea what to expect, but, based on what I'm seeing (barometric pressure etc.,) I'm not expecting much damage in my area, despite apparently being directly in the wake of the worst part that will hit Canada.
Well it hasn't hit us yet so....
The wind has definatley picked up here. We've had quite a few gusts around 60mph I'm suprised we haven't got any power flashes yet.

Still hasn't hit land....

Signal52, I just want to remind you of the scale of the eye of a hurricane. Almost all of New York state will be covered in clouds, by this point. Cloud formations that small just don't equal up to a hurricane. I remember when Canada got the remnants of a tropical strom last. The clouds reached all the way across the sky for three days.

Strong thunderstorms reported in Alleghany County (NY). Seen that coming.

I was in New Jersey when Irene hit a few years ago....that was INSANE.

That's one big 🤬. It'll probably be degraded to a tropical storm by the time it reaches about 200 miles inland.

That point of time has come and passed. It's expected to strengthen from a "light" F1 Hurricane, to a stronger F1 hurricane upon landfall, in about one hour.

But, as I said, it's about WAY less than 200 miles from making landfall.

Winds are really picking up here in Michigan now, they're hovering around 20-25mph right now and expected to gust upwards of 50mph tonight. Lake Huron is under an advisory for waves upwards of 35ft, which huge for the lakes and they're looking at winds of 65knts.

Signal52, I just want to remind you of the scale of the eye of a hurricane. Almost all of New York state will be covered in clouds, by this point. Cloud formations that small just don't equal up to a hurricane. I remember when Canada got the remnants of a tropical strom last. The clouds reached all the way across the sky for three days.

Gotcha. Must refer to common sense and logic next time. :lol:

That point of time has come and passed. It's expected to strengthen from a "light" F1 Hurricane, to a stronger F1 hurricane upon landfall, in about one hour.

But, as I said, it's about WAY less than 200 miles from making landfall.

I thought it was about 40 miles away and moving at about 28mph.

Winds are really picking up here in Michigan now, they're hovering around 20-25mph right now and expected to gust upwards of 50mph tonight. Lake Huron is under an advisory for waves upwards of 35ft, which huge for the lakes.

Erie and Ontario have been raised to 20 feet.

Winds are really picking up here in Michigan now, they're hovering around 20-25mph right now and expected to gust upwards of 50mph tonight. Lake Huron is under an advisory for waves upwards of 35ft, which huge for the lakes and they're looking at winds of 65knts.
We've gotten a few huge gusts just now.

Back