Hurricane Watch: Post-Tropical Cyclone Sandy.

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 390 comments
That collapsed crane will cause some major damage when it falls. It is hanging at 1000ft.

Just had the kind of gust hit the house that leaves you a little speechless, thinking, "dang I hope that doesn't happen again." Best wishes.

More updates:
NY Stock Exchange floor is under 3 ft of water (was to be closed tomorrow anyways).

MTA reports that subways may be down for 4 days, and could be longer.

Two children killed in North Salem (Westchester County, about 20-30 miles north of NYC). Children were on first floor praying when 3 ft diameter tree crashed into their house, killing them instantly.

There are pictures of water gushing into the subway. It is like a movie. Almost surreal. And the power is out in lower Manhattan.

There are pictures of water gushing into the subway. It is like a movie. Almost surreal. And the power is out in lower Manhattan.

It's because the pumps are super old and outdated. Some of them were even bought off the people who built the Panama Canal after it was constructed. If the subways completely flood they'll be down and out for a while.

The CNN reporter in Atlantic city is now in waist deep water. :lol:

But sjeez, so much water, and more to come.

Blitz24
Two children killed in North Salem (Westchester County, about 20-30 miles north of NYC). Children were on first floor praying when 3 ft diameter tree crashed into their house, killing them instantly.

Sad yes, but also really ironic.

A6aqPCsCAAAS42Y.jpg:large

The CNN reporter in Atlantic city is now in waist deep water. :lol:

But sjeez, so much water, and more to come.

I've said it before on this thread but my beach house is in Atlantic City :grumpy:

At home we are expecting the worst of the winds to be here within the hour or so. Still no power outage but the winds are at the least, gusting to 55mph. :crazy:

Yeah I flickered once here. The wind is picking up...
Just flickered for the 1st time

More updates:
NY Stock Exchange floor is under 3 ft of water (was to be closed tomorrow anyways).

MTA reports that subways may be down for 4 days, and could be longer.

Thats terrible

Sad yes, but also really ironic.
Agreed

Apparently more than 2 million are without power

Apparently they are expecting another surge coming from the north.

Hmmm.

And the reporter in Battery Park just announced that the water level is dropping. So that is good.

Obama is telling people to get the hell out or its going to kill you

Wish you all in the east good luck. I've just heard that there are about 5 storm-related deaths in New York right now.

^^That number has risen to 9, 2 in New Jersey according to CNN

EDIT

The water peaked at 13.88 feet in Battery park city over the previous record of 10.5ish.

3 million without power now

Last edited:
Wish you luck fellas. I live in Illinois, but I have family in West Virginia...i have an 85 year old grandmother with a house in the mountains. I'm worried sick hoping she is OK...

Wish you luck fellas. I live in Illinois, but I have family in West Virginia...i have an 85 year old grandmother with a house in the mountains. I'm worried sick hoping she is OK...

That will be blizzard conditions there. One of the things that nobody will really touch on.

Amidst all the tragedies happening on the East Coast, there is something that still remains.

:bowdown:
soldierremainsonguard.jpg

Associated Press/Sgt. Jose A. Torres Jr.,/U.S. Army Photo - This handout photo provided by the us Army shows Spc. Brett Hyde, Tomb Sentinel, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard), keeping guard over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier during Hurricane Sandy, at Arlington National Cemetery, Va., Monday, Oct. 29, 2012. Just like the Sentinel's Creed says "Through the years of diligence and praise and the discomfort of the elements, I will walk my tour in humble reverence to the best of my ability." (AP Photo/Sgt. Jose A. Torres Jr.,/U.S. Army Photo)

Here in N.E. Ohio, been raining hard all day and windy as all get out. Just got a phone alert that we are under a flood watch until 8:00pm EDT Tuesday, and a high wind warning in effect until 4:00pm EDT Tuesday. Certainly not as bad as what the coastline is getting though.

Hang in there East Coast. 👍

Back